Tyco Employee Reviews

Lack of Vision
Individual Contributor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 February 2017
The culture is suffocating as there is a lack of proper vision and leadership within the management and senior leadership teams. Projects are not properly planned or executed. There is no organization portfolio to properly understand the companies strategy and how individuals contribute to the success of these objectives. Performance rating and evaluation are never taken seriously and compensation therefore suffers as low preforming individuals are often recognized by management do to personal relationship and high performers are not rewarded for their hard work and ethics.
Pros
Peers are nice to work with.
Cons
Long hours, lack of vision, planning, execution and direction. Low salary compensation.
Not much to tell? Another huge corporation that expects there employees to work for free
CCTV service technician (Former Employee) –  GTA, ON2 December 2015
Many promises made at the interview, and not followed through, old world thinking from management, don’t complain, don’t ask, don’t care, do it fast don’t care about right or wrong
Pros
get to meet nice people and rip them off
Cons
Extremely long hours driving to site, no compensation
Great work place with friendly people
Intermediate Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON28 December 2016
Learned a lot from this company. My team lead was very hands off providing me with a lot of freedom to solve problems. Had opportunities to gain more responsibilities and move up.
Positive work environment
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON7 February 2017
The atmosphere is very positive. The daily tasks are always changing, making it not monotonous. People are willing to share information if you are unsure of how to handle a task.
Pros
Positive work environment
Great Place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 May 2016
Fast paced, challenging and fulfilling. Great work life balance with the culture of the company always up! The most enjoyable part of the job were my co-workers. Management always willing to listen and take action when required.
Micro-Management
Ales Executive (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 January 2017
Was tough working with a micromanager.
Co-Workers were great
Learning the product was the difficult part of this job
Pleasant Days
Team Leader/Data Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON12 April 2014
I have enjoyed my time working here and learning new skills, that are relatively technical and specific to this job. I have learned to better manger my time with all the daily tasks that have to be completed the same day, like auditing information from the day before and following up with customers within a timely manner.

The hardest part of my job was the time management of the daily tasks I am responsible for completing and this was a challenge for me when I firest started this postion and has been my most improved skill.

My favourite part of my job is the data analysis and technical aspects of my job.

I enjoy working with with all the people I work with, they are very helpful and my manager is very approachable with any issues I might have. My manager is also a very good trainer and excellent resource for troubleshooting uncommon issues.
Pros
close to home
Cons
Shift work, not very much opportunity to move up, contract with no benefits
Great team
Bilingual Data Co-Ordinator (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON31 January 2015
Tyco has been a great place to work and gain office experience. Our team has taken time to perfect and I love how great we all work together and they will all be sadly missed. Unfortunately the company is relocating and I have chosen not to make the move with them.

A typical work day would include arriving and being logged in on time, answering calls or emails from customers or technicians on site for installations or service calls, some troubleshooting and program downloading.

The most difficult part of my job would have to be the variety of software and programs we use and the amount of time it took to learn and fully comprehend each component. Now that I use this knowledge daily it has made the overall job easier to comprehend on a technical level.
Pros
Paid lunches, great benefits
Cons
Rotating shifts
Great place to work! Love the atmosophere
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 June 2015
Tyco is the very great place to work.Very busy environment ,But no stress out.Good management & team.Great place for your career improvement.
Pros
Great atmosphere, management is honest and trustworthy, quality benefits
Cons
Work/Life Balance is a bit off, but only due to volume of work not to any pressure applied by management
Good work environment
Systems Level Tester (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 December 2015
I like this company in many ways. Good benefits, Friendly work environment. Multicultural social events. Flexible work time.
Train the employees in the work related manner.
Excellent Work Environment
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Dufferin, ON8 August 2016
Tyco consists of excellent work environment with kind coworkers and easy shifts. Tasks were very easy hence team work is very important and cooperation will help speed up and ease workload. managers were very kinds and facilities were kept suitable for employees.
Pros
Easy tasks
Cons
Rushed workplace
Compensation is very low and very laid back
V & V (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON26 July 2015
Very laid back and the work culture is not that great. Lot of cuts have been made and no compensation at all. People from outside are look upon as better employees and no appreciation for loyalty
Pros
Easy going
Cons
Long Hours, low compensation
Software
System Level Test Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 May 2016
getting work assigned to you, or looking to analyize
tyco doesn't pay enough, and is a little slow to take care of their employees
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
poor pay
Prestigious company in terms of quality of products and employee compensation
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 May 2015
Management ensures that the working condition is good, cool, orderly and safe to all workers in the company.

The company gave fair compensation, safe and great working facilities that will enable all workers to upgrade.
fun work place
Bilingual technical support security (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 April 2016
A good place to work , good people to work with . learnt alot in the company. busy environment , the management , friendly co- workers.
Stable work environment
Monitoring station Operator (Current Employee) –  Montreal, Qc5 February 2014
This is a very stable reasonably well paying place to work. Working environment is adequate. One great thing is weekly pays and a lot of opportunity to increase your salary through overtime.
Pros
Weekly pay/ salary increase
Cons
NIght shift for a long time
National Program Administrator / IT Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 October 2015
My position was challenging but I am one that likes to be challenged, The more I learn the better for me. Everyone came to me for information as I moved around within the company and that made me feel great about myself as I have learned so much and gained so much experience, I owe it to ADT/Tyco for all my experience. They always believed in me and I loved that about them, They weren't afraid of giving me more work and giving me more challenges,
Pros
Great manager
Cons
Very long hours do to big projects.
Great work atmosphere
Project Lead / System Level Tester (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON18 May 2014
Great People,
Good entry level job.
Salary Not so good.
Company promotes fitness and wellbeing
Pros
Social Life
very good place to work with, good benefit and training
Production Clerk/Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto Ontario2 February 2016
Very good place to work with, professional, good training and good benefit! gain lots of experiences.

Work with different people and cultures!
Pros
Gain lots of experiences
Cons
Far to travel
Not at all a challenging environment. Not too experience managers and engineers there.
Hardware-Software Integration Engineer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 October 2013
I haven't learned so much since the work environment and the tasks assigned were not challenging and the work culture is not a really good one. No team work at all.
I had young but very un-experienced supervisors.
Not too experienced HW/SW director.
Pros
Cons
No team work at all. Not a challenging environment. Not good management. No career development.