Tyco Employee Reviews

Lack of Vision
Individual Contributor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 February 2017
The culture is suffocating as there is a lack of proper vision and leadership within the management and senior leadership teams. Projects are not properly planned or executed. There is no organization portfolio to properly understand the companies strategy and how individuals contribute to the success of these objectives. Performance rating and evaluation are never taken seriously and compensation therefore suffers as low preforming individuals are often recognized by management do to personal relationship and high performers are not rewarded for their hard work and ethics.
Pros
Peers are nice to work with.
Cons
Long hours, lack of vision, planning, execution and direction. Low salary compensation.
Organized, friendly staff willing to go above & beyond
Fire Alarm Technician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS28 February 2017
A company you don't want to miss out on! Excellent at valuing each employee equally and working as a team. Great way to grasp a foundation in electronics and as well, the fire industry in Canada as a young professional. Security in positions for valued technicians.
Pros
Great management, pay increases & atmosphere.
Cons
Occassional confusion in servicing scheduling.
In need to implement new developmental culture
Global quality assurance analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 October 2016
A company that is stocked in the all way of doing things, it is the culture and it works but there are new technologies and new ideas that can work much better and there is where we need to invest in creating and developing new ideas with the goals in mind to achieve new venues.
Pros
convenient location from my house
Cons
Long working hours, unnecessary management micromanagement
Positive work environment
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON7 February 2017
The atmosphere is very positive. The daily tasks are always changing, making it not monotonous. People are willing to share information if you are unsure of how to handle a task.
Pros
Positive work environment
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 February 2017
really great awesome place to work. Helpful managers that are willing to reach out to help sales staff achive targets.fun and exciting work place to work in
Pros
free lunches on friday
Cons
laggy systems
Great work place with friendly people
Intermediate Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON28 December 2016
Learned a lot from this company. My team lead was very hands off providing me with a lot of freedom to solve problems. Had opportunities to gain more responsibilities and move up.
good job, good people.
Product Management Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON27 March 2017
filled out documents used for marketing materials.
lots of data entry.
friendly and approachable management.
lots of different new tasks to look forward to.
Call center
Alarm and Client Relations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  North York, ON1 March 2017
Over the past 4.5 Years I learned alot working in a call center environment with good people that took the time to train me while dealing with rough situations
Excellent Work Environment
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Dufferin, ON8 August 2016
Tyco consists of excellent work environment with kind coworkers and easy shifts. Tasks were very easy hence team work is very important and cooperation will help speed up and ease workload. managers were very kinds and facilities were kept suitable for employees.
Pros
Easy tasks
Cons
Rushed workplace
Micro-Management
Ales Executive (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 January 2017
Was tough working with a micromanager.
Co-Workers were great
Learning the product was the difficult part of this job
Great Place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 May 2016
Fast paced, challenging and fulfilling. Great work life balance with the culture of the company always up! The most enjoyable part of the job were my co-workers. Management always willing to listen and take action when required.
Software
System Level Test Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 May 2016
getting work assigned to you, or looking to analyize
tyco doesn't pay enough, and is a little slow to take care of their employees
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
poor pay
As long as you do your part you're fine
Billingual Communications Coordinator (Former Employee) –  North York, ON7 January 2016
Very nice place to work as a student. Nobody complains as long as you follow the procedures and do your part. The faster you work the better but they want you to do it at your own pace to avoid mistakes. The management was decent, they keep all employees safe and try to resolve all conflicts. Some staff members didn't like each others work ethics because they're personalities were conflicting but other than that they love helping new employees.
Cons
A lot of dust (warehouse)
fun work place
Bilingual technical support security (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 April 2016
A good place to work , good people to work with . learnt alot in the company. busy environment , the management , friendly co- workers.
Not much to tell? Another huge corporation that expects there employees to work for free
CCTV service technician (Former Employee) –  GTA, ON2 December 2015
Many promises made at the interview, and not followed through, old world thinking from management, don’t complain, don’t ask, don’t care, do it fast don’t care about right or wrong
Pros
get to meet nice people and rip them off
Cons
Extremely long hours driving to site, no compensation
very good place to work with, good benefit and training
Production Clerk/Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto Ontario2 February 2016
Very good place to work with, professional, good training and good benefit! gain lots of experiences.

Work with different people and cultures!
Pros
Gain lots of experiences
Cons
Far to travel
National Program Administrator / IT Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 October 2015
My position was challenging but I am one that likes to be challenged, The more I learn the better for me. Everyone came to me for information as I moved around within the company and that made me feel great about myself as I have learned so much and gained so much experience, I owe it to ADT/Tyco for all my experience. They always believed in me and I loved that about them, They weren't afraid of giving me more work and giving me more challenges,
Pros
Great manager
Cons
Very long hours do to big projects.
Big company with positive environment, but limited carrier growth
Hardware Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 July 2015
Nice people working there, quite relaxed environment, respect for everybody.

However, the corporation is a bit on cheap side: doesn't buy a lot of equipment except the most critical, no free lunches, stopped sponsoring events (like birthdays and skiing), average salaries.
Pros
Environment, people, flexible working hours
Cons
Low-medium salaries, limited growth
good enough but need more improvement.
Receiver Order Picker (Current Employee) –  North York, ON21 June 2015
Received delivery on daily basis,put away stocks on there locations ,pick order from production areas.evaluate parts according to company approve criteria . Team work helps a lot to accomplish daily task to every one.Management provide training and other cultural change for the employee.We have a great team work relationship with co-work.the hardest part would be the month end because we close the receiving dock for the day every month then we have to catch up the file of deliveries after month end.i learned a lot every day.
Great place to work! Love the atmosophere
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 June 2015
Tyco is the very great place to work.Very busy environment ,But no stress out.Good management & team.Great place for your career improvement.
Pros
Great atmosphere, management is honest and trustworthy, quality benefits
Cons
Work/Life Balance is a bit off, but only due to volume of work not to any pressure applied by management

75%