Tyco Employee Reviews

High stress, High expectations, but with low rewards.
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  North York, ON12 October 2017
This company has turned from a great place to grow to a horrible place to work at. Multiple company rebranding and restructuring resulted in horrible management and training. With the management ignoring any suggestions from the workers.
Pros
Great member benefits
Cons
Long hours, high stress, horrible work environment.
Learned alot about security
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 September 2017
My day could be busy when all couriers and mail show up at the same time. I learned about to do scanning for reports for management to put into the system for accessibility for various departments. Management was sometimes helpful when I had issues regarding situations at my front desk but not always there in person. Communication was mostly via email or voice mail. The hardest part of my job was getting people to understand how I could not leave me desk to do things and would have to get someone to come out and assist me or I would have to do it on my time with no compensation. The enjoyable part of my job was giving associates their service awards for the time they have been at the company i.e. 10, 15 and 20 year service awards. They were fun to see what people had selected and their faces when it arrived.
Pros
Free lunches, farewell get togethers and supporting our local city with draws
Cons
People forgetting badges, expectation was for me to open doors, hard to do when I am on the phone. Noise in Reception was sometimes loud.
hard to say something good
Support Rep (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 August 2017
Company seems to be ok but DSC technical support department is too much micro managed. The managers sort of bully you and are always on your heads . If you are not the favourite one it is not easy to survive. HR department ; even if is aware about the situation acts like they are completely unaware and give you falsee hope of turning things right.
Good salary but too much of politics and no scope of growth.
I will never recommend anyone to join it.
Pros
No idea
Cons
Too many as listed above.
Company
Senior Fire Alarm Technician - The Bow Tower (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 August 2017
Overall positive company to work for...Johnson Controls took over the company and downsized

Sometimes the management did not support the workers within the service dept
Great Employer
Sr. Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 July 2017
Tyco is a great place to work. If you are willing to put forth a big effort to show you want to advance then the doors will open for you. It is a corporate world and decisions are made upon what will drive the stock.
Pros
Good Wage and Benifits
Cons
Lack of loyalty to employees
A fast paced manufacturing environment
Senior Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 May 2017
Fantastic people and dynamic sense of urgency for the customer. Management is firm but fair. Overtime is frequently available. Opportunities exist for the right candidates.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Tight bottom line
terrible company to work
Regional Technical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 May 2017
no team work,
no management for years,
disorganized
unsafe procedures
salary is a joke
technicians have no clue and no experience what so ever
half the techs are on stress disability most of the year
no respect among management and staff
Pros
Cons
many, can't be tracked
Great salary and management
RBC Image Request Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 May 2017
Overall great experience. Management was extremely supportive and involved in everyday practices. Very much enjoyed my time at Tyco Integrated Fire and Security.
Awful company to work for
Contracting Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC1 May 2017
Selfish company that does not care about their employees well being or job security at all.

This company is purely about making a profit at any expense. Benefit and salary were horrible and the work culture was toxic, unwelcoming, unresponsive, and one sided.
Good working conditions and reasonable management
Supervisor of Customer services and Safety (Former Employee) –  Labrador City, NL26 April 2017
I was employed in a temporary position for a term (8.5 months). Management support and remuneration for the term were both good. It was an enjoyable and positive experience.
Pros
Good diversity and challenges
Cons
No benefits due to temporary position
Great until merger
Commercial Account Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON25 April 2017
Tyco was a fantastic place to work, unfortunately the merger with JCI lead to some cut backs and massive changes. I;m sure with time they will rebound.
"That's the way it is"
N/A (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 April 2017
Most positions overworked, and underpaid. Still using very old technology. The new Tyco advances safety and security by finding smarter ways to save lives, improve businesses and protect where people live and work around the globe.
Productive enviroment
Technical Support -english -spanish (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 April 2017
I was with the company just for a short period of time contract in that time I saw a lot of drastic changes replacing managers and not very organized goals
Pros
good enviroment
Cons
time to go to bathroom not enough
Tech Support
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  East York, ON31 March 2017
Did technical support for DSC it was a fun but challenging position
The management kept getting changed around which would disrupt team moral. No windows in factory
Pros
Cafiteria
Cons
no windows
good job, good people.
Product Management Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON27 March 2017
filled out documents used for marketing materials.
lots of data entry.
friendly and approachable management.
lots of different new tasks to look forward to.
Call center
Alarm and Client Relations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  North York, ON1 March 2017
Over the past 4.5 Years I learned alot working in a call center environment with good people that took the time to train me while dealing with rough situations
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 February 2017
really great awesome place to work. Helpful managers that are willing to reach out to help sales staff achive targets.fun and exciting work place to work in
Pros
free lunches on friday
Cons
laggy systems
Organized, friendly staff willing to go above & beyond
Fire Alarm Technician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS28 February 2017
A company you don't want to miss out on! Excellent at valuing each employee equally and working as a team. Great way to grasp a foundation in electronics and as well, the fire industry in Canada as a young professional. Security in positions for valued technicians.
Pros
Great management, pay increases & atmosphere.
Cons
Occassional confusion in servicing scheduling.
Lack of Vision
Individual Contributor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 February 2017
The culture is suffocating as there is a lack of proper vision and leadership within the management and senior leadership teams. Projects are not properly planned or executed. There is no organization portfolio to properly understand the companies strategy and how individuals contribute to the success of these objectives. Performance rating and evaluation are never taken seriously and compensation therefore suffers as low preforming individuals are often recognized by management do to personal relationship and high performers are not rewarded for their hard work and ethics.
Pros
Peers are nice to work with.
Cons
Long hours, lack of vision, planning, execution and direction. Low salary compensation.
Positive work environment
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON7 February 2017
The atmosphere is very positive. The daily tasks are always changing, making it not monotonous. People are willing to share information if you are unsure of how to handle a task.
Pros
Positive work environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tyco. Our community is ready to answer.