Tyco Employee Reviews

Lack of Vision
Individual Contributor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 February 2017
The culture is suffocating as there is a lack of proper vision and leadership within the management and senior leadership teams. Projects are not properly planned or executed. There is no organization portfolio to properly understand the companies strategy and how individuals contribute to the success of these objectives. Performance rating and evaluation are never taken seriously and compensation therefore suffers as low preforming individuals are often recognized by management do to personal relationship and high performers are not rewarded for their hard work and ethics.
Pros
Peers are nice to work with.
Cons
Long hours, lack of vision, planning, execution and direction. Low salary compensation.
Positive work environment
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON7 February 2017
The atmosphere is very positive. The daily tasks are always changing, making it not monotonous. People are willing to share information if you are unsure of how to handle a task.
Pros
Positive work environment
Great work place with friendly people
Intermediate Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON28 December 2016
Learned a lot from this company. My team lead was very hands off providing me with a lot of freedom to solve problems. Had opportunities to gain more responsibilities and move up.
Excellent Work Environment
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Dufferin, ON8 August 2016
Tyco consists of excellent work environment with kind coworkers and easy shifts. Tasks were very easy hence team work is very important and cooperation will help speed up and ease workload. managers were very kinds and facilities were kept suitable for employees.
Pros
Easy tasks
Cons
Rushed workplace
Micro-Management
Ales Executive (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 January 2017
Was tough working with a micromanager.
Co-Workers were great
Learning the product was the difficult part of this job
Great Place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 May 2016
Fast paced, challenging and fulfilling. Great work life balance with the culture of the company always up! The most enjoyable part of the job were my co-workers. Management always willing to listen and take action when required.
Software
System Level Test Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 May 2016
getting work assigned to you, or looking to analyize
tyco doesn't pay enough, and is a little slow to take care of their employees
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
poor pay
fun work place
Bilingual technical support security (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 April 2016
A good place to work , good people to work with . learnt alot in the company. busy environment , the management , friendly co- workers.
very good place to work with, good benefit and training
Production Clerk/Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto Ontario2 February 2016
Very good place to work with, professional, good training and good benefit! gain lots of experiences.

Work with different people and cultures!
Pros
Gain lots of experiences
Cons
Far to travel
Not much to tell? Another huge corporation that expects there employees to work for free
CCTV service technician (Former Employee) –  GTA, ON2 December 2015
Many promises made at the interview, and not followed through, old world thinking from management, don’t complain, don’t ask, don’t care, do it fast don’t care about right or wrong
Pros
get to meet nice people and rip them off
Cons
Extremely long hours driving to site, no compensation
National Program Administrator / IT Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 October 2015
My position was challenging but I am one that likes to be challenged, The more I learn the better for me. Everyone came to me for information as I moved around within the company and that made me feel great about myself as I have learned so much and gained so much experience, I owe it to ADT/Tyco for all my experience. They always believed in me and I loved that about them, They weren't afraid of giving me more work and giving me more challenges,
Pros
Great manager
Cons
Very long hours do to big projects.
Big company with positive environment, but limited carrier growth
Hardware Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 July 2015
Nice people working there, quite relaxed environment, respect for everybody.

However, the corporation is a bit on cheap side: doesn't buy a lot of equipment except the most critical, no free lunches, stopped sponsoring events (like birthdays and skiing), average salaries.
Pros
Environment, people, flexible working hours
Cons
Low-medium salaries, limited growth
Good work environment
Systems Level Tester (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 December 2015
I like this company in many ways. Good benefits, Friendly work environment. Multicultural social events. Flexible work time.
Train the employees in the work related manner.
Great place to work! Love the atmosophere
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 June 2015
Tyco is the very great place to work.Very busy environment ,But no stress out.Good management & team.Great place for your career improvement.
Pros
Great atmosphere, management is honest and trustworthy, quality benefits
Cons
Work/Life Balance is a bit off, but only due to volume of work not to any pressure applied by management
Great company to work for.
Security Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 December 2015
Fast pace work with travel all across Alberta. Worked with some of the most sophisticated security systems in the industry.
Great workplace with supportive environment
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 September 2015
Tyco is a great place to work, I would recommend it.

Great group of co-workers, I learned so many things about running an industrial project and about fire safety systems
Pros
vehicle included (non decaled truck)
Cons
crushing workloads
Great Coworkers
Fire Alarm Technician (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 January 2015
You're very rarely working in the same place, and get to work in a variety of buildings (ex. Massey Hall, Rogers Center, Base Borden, First Canadian Place). Work day is usually a typical eight hour day, but nights and weekends are required on occasion.
Testing the Life Safety Equipment for the building is the main job.
Majority of the time you are working with at least one other tech. The co-workers are the highlight of the job. Great group of people working at Tyco.
Hardest part of the job is the early mornings and working nights. Some jobs require a couple months of nights only
Pros
Company Car, Gas Card, iPhone
Cons
Long Hours, Early Mornings, Extended Night Jobs
Not very motivating and lackluster performance culture
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 August 2015
Not the ideal place to work. I spent 5 years of my life gaining not so up-to-date experience with outdated technology. It was a good place to stay for a bit, but once learned a certain amount, there was nothing else to look forward to..
Technical Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 January 2014
Really learned a lot here after getting graduated.this was my first job at tyco .Started working as technical support level 1 technicain .Team leader ,co worker were very friendly and helpful.used to take level 1 calla and then got promoted in a year to level 2 technician .There I learned all about security panel from wiring ,testing to programming the panels .It was fun working there as we always learn new by taking or talking to security proffesionals.
Think about working here.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Vancouver18 May 2013
The salary is OK if you are not looking for long term employment. Some management was Great but the DGM for my location was short sited and did not value loyalty or hard work and no vision.

My immediate supervisor was GREAT one of the best people I ever worked for. The team was ALSO A GREAT bunch of people and didn't deserve the GM.

This location also has gone through several GMs over the years and the this one was by far the worst. Questionable ethics too.....
Pros
Some management understood the big picture
Cons
No Loyalty, Life Work Balance