Tyco Employee Reviews in Canada

Not much to tell? Another huge corporation that expects there employees to work for free
CCTV service technician (Former Employee) –  GTA, ONDecember 2, 2015
Many promises made at the interview, and not followed through, old world thinking from management, don’t complain, don’t ask, don’t care, do it fast don’t care about right or wrong
Pros
get to meet nice people and rip them off
Cons
Extremely long hours driving to site, no compensation
very good place to work with, good benefit and training
Production Clerk/Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto OntarioFebruary 2, 2016
Very good place to work with, professional, good training and good benefit! gain lots of experiences.

Work with different people and cultures!
Pros
Gain lots of experiences
Cons
Far to travel
Great place to work! Love the atmosophere
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJune 26, 2015
Tyco is the very great place to work.Very busy environment ,But no stress out.Good management & team.Great place for your career improvement.
Pros
Great atmosphere, management is honest and trustworthy, quality benefits
Cons
Work/Life Balance is a bit off, but only due to volume of work not to any pressure applied by management
Excellent Work Environment
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Dufferin, ONAugust 8, 2016
Tyco consists of excellent work environment with kind coworkers and easy shifts. Tasks were very easy hence team work is very important and cooperation will help speed up and ease workload. managers were very kinds and facilities were kept suitable for employees.
Pros
Easy tasks
Cons
Rushed workplace
National Program Administrator / IT Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 16, 2015
My position was challenging but I am one that likes to be challenged, The more I learn the better for me. Everyone came to me for information as I moved around within the company and that made me feel great about myself as I have learned so much and gained so much experience, I owe it to ADT/Tyco for all my experience. They always believed in me and I loved that about them, They weren't afraid of giving me more work and giving me more challenges,
Pros
Great manager
Cons
Very long hours do to big projects.
Compensation is very low and very laid back
V & V (Former Employee) –  Concord, ONJuly 26, 2015
Very laid back and the work culture is not that great. Lot of cuts have been made and no compensation at all. People from outside are look upon as better employees and no appreciation for loyalty
Pros
Easy going
Cons
Long Hours, low compensation
Quite possibly the worst company to work for in Canada.
Core Account Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NSFebruary 2, 2016
Honestly, I have no idea where to start. I was hired as a Core Account Executive with more promises then you could shake a stick at. Sadly, I was warned by fell victim to the "large company" with deep pockets... Until you work for them. It took 3 weeks to get an email address, 1 month to get a computer, a phone that was never properly set up and 50+ days to receive my vehicle. Yet after 2 weeks, my brain dead - and I am being as polite as possible - manager was asking "any sales" .... they provide 0 support, 0 training, absolutely no confidence in the product or their employees and the office honestly was like a run down call centre in a 3rd world country. I kind you not, they manufacture security products and sell it to their competitors, forcing their staff to fight for deals against their on product??

From day 1, literally day 1, I realized I had made a monumental mistake, one that I now have to explain to future employers, friends and family.

PLEASE....PLEASE I BEG YOU, DO NOT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I MADE - This isn't a "disgruntled view", I promise you that, this is quite possibly, the worst company to work for in all of Canada.
Pros
I got 3 hour old turkey for lunch on a paper plate at Christmas?
Cons
Honestly, too many to list. Broken promises, incompetent management, delusional head office, horrible facilities, vehicles on the road without winter tires, shady territory decisions, yes men or in this case women, who have no clue what their doing but have clearly sucked up to the right people.
Great Place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 3, 2016
Fast paced, challenging and fulfilling. Great work life balance with the culture of the company always up! The most enjoyable part of the job were my co-workers. Management always willing to listen and take action when required.
Software
System Level Test Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 21, 2016
getting work assigned to you, or looking to analyize
tyco doesn't pay enough, and is a little slow to take care of their employees
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
poor pay
Good work environment
Systems Level Tester (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONDecember 13, 2015
I like this company in many ways. Good benefits, Friendly work environment. Multicultural social events. Flexible work time.
Train the employees in the work related manner.
fun work place
Bilingual technical support security (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONApril 26, 2016
A good place to work , good people to work with . learnt alot in the company. busy environment , the management , friendly co- workers.
Prestigious company in terms of quality of products and employee compensation
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 31, 2015
Management ensures that the working condition is good, cool, orderly and safe to all workers in the company.

The company gave fair compensation, safe and great working facilities that will enable all workers to upgrade.
Not at all a challenging environment. Not too experience managers and engineers there.
Hardware-Software Integration Engineer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONOctober 24, 2013
I haven't learned so much since the work environment and the tasks assigned were not challenging and the work culture is not a really good one. No team work at all.
I had young but very un-experienced supervisors.
Not too experienced HW/SW director.
Cons
no team work at all. not a challenging environment. not good management. no career development.
Pleasant Days
Team Leader/Data Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ONApril 12, 2014
I have enjoyed my time working here and learning new skills, that are relatively technical and specific to this job. I have learned to better manger my time with all the daily tasks that have to be completed the same day, like auditing information from the day before and following up with customers within a timely manner.

The hardest part of my job was the time management of the daily tasks I am responsible for completing and this was a challenge for me when I firest started this postion and has been my most improved skill.

My favourite part of my job is the data analysis and technical aspects of my job.

I enjoy working with with all the people I work with, they are very helpful and my manager is very approachable with any issues I might have. My manager is also a very good trainer and excellent resource for troubleshooting uncommon issues.
Pros
close to home
Cons
shift work, not very much opportunity to move up, contract with no benefits
Great company to work for.
Security Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABDecember 22, 2015
Fast pace work with travel all across Alberta. Worked with some of the most sophisticated security systems in the industry.
Think about working here.
Sales (Former Employee) –  VancouverMay 18, 2013
The salary is OK if you are not looking for long term employment. Some management was Great but the DGM for my location was short sited and did not value loyalty or hard work and no vision.

My immediate supervisor was GREAT one of the best people I ever worked for. The team was ALSO A GREAT bunch of people and didn't deserve the GM.

This location also has gone through several GMs over the years and the this one was by far the worst. Questionable ethics too.....
Pros
some management understood the big picture
Cons
no loyalty, life work balance
Great team
Bilingual Data Co-Ordinator (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ONJanuary 31, 2015
Tyco has been a great place to work and gain office experience. Our team has taken time to perfect and I love how great we all work together and they will all be sadly missed. Unfortunately the company is relocating and I have chosen not to make the move with them.

A typical work day would include arriving and being logged in on time, answering calls or emails from customers or technicians on site for installations or service calls, some troubleshooting and program downloading.

The most difficult part of my job would have to be the variety of software and programs we use and the amount of time it took to learn and fully comprehend each component. Now that I use this knowledge daily it has made the overall job easier to comprehend on a technical level.
Pros
paid lunches, great benefits
Cons
rotating shifts
Never again
administrative (Former Employee) –  Regina, skJuly 30, 2015
worst company I have ever been involved in. Horrible management, unorganized, unhappy staff, no communication, bad wage, no training, lots of staff turnover.
Pros
Staff was all nice, just hated their jobs
Cons
everything you can think of
Great Coworkers
Fire Alarm Technician (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 12, 2015
You're very rarely working in the same place, and get to work in a variety of buildings (ex. Massey Hall, Rogers Center, Base Borden, First Canadian Place). Work day is usually a typical eight hour day, but nights and weekends are required on occasion.
Testing the Life Safety Equipment for the building is the main job.
Majority of the time you are working with at least one other tech. The co-workers are the highlight of the job. Great group of people working at Tyco.
Hardest part of the job is the early mornings and working nights. Some jobs require a couple months of nights only
Pros
company car, gas card, iphone
Cons
long hours, early mornings, extended night jobs
Big company with positive environment, but limited carrier growth
Hardware Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONJuly 16, 2015
Nice people working there, quite relaxed environment, respect for everybody.

However, the corporation is a bit on cheap side: doesn't buy a lot of equipment except the most critical, no free lunches, stopped sponsoring events (like birthdays and skiing), average salaries.
Pros
Environment, people, flexible working hours
Cons
Low-medium salaries, limited growth