Tyco Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 May 2016
Fast paced, challenging and fulfilling. Great work life balance with the culture of the company always up! The most enjoyable part of the job were my co-workers. Management always willing to listen and take action when required.
Software
System Level Test Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 May 2016
getting work assigned to you, or looking to analyize
tyco doesn't pay enough, and is a little slow to take care of their employees
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
poor pay
fun work place
Bilingual technical support security (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 April 2016
A good place to work , good people to work with . learnt alot in the company. busy environment , the management , friendly co- workers.
very good place to work with, good benefit and training
Production Clerk/Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto Ontario2 February 2016
Very good place to work with, professional, good training and good benefit! gain lots of experiences.

Work with different people and cultures!
Pros
Gain lots of experiences
Cons
Far to travel
Not much to tell? Another huge corporation that expects there employees to work for free
CCTV service technician (Former Employee) –  GTA, ON2 December 2015
Many promises made at the interview, and not followed through, old world thinking from management, don’t complain, don’t ask, don’t care, do it fast don’t care about right or wrong
Pros
get to meet nice people and rip them off
Cons
Extremely long hours driving to site, no compensation
National Program Administrator / IT Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 October 2015
My position was challenging but I am one that likes to be challenged, The more I learn the better for me. Everyone came to me for information as I moved around within the company and that made me feel great about myself as I have learned so much and gained so much experience, I owe it to ADT/Tyco for all my experience. They always believed in me and I loved that about them, They weren't afraid of giving me more work and giving me more challenges,
Pros
Great manager
Cons
Very long hours do to big projects.
Good work environment
Systems Level Tester (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 December 2015
I like this company in many ways. Good benefits, Friendly work environment. Multicultural social events. Flexible work time.
Train the employees in the work related manner.
Great company to work for.
Security Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 December 2015
Fast pace work with travel all across Alberta. Worked with some of the most sophisticated security systems in the industry.
Big company with positive environment, but limited carrier growth
Hardware Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 July 2015
Nice people working there, quite relaxed environment, respect for everybody.

However, the corporation is a bit on cheap side: doesn't buy a lot of equipment except the most critical, no free lunches, stopped sponsoring events (like birthdays and skiing), average salaries.
Pros
Environment, people, flexible working hours
Cons
Low-medium salaries, limited growth
Great workplace with supportive environment
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 September 2015
Tyco is a great place to work, I would recommend it.

Great group of co-workers, I learned so many things about running an industrial project and about fire safety systems
Pros
vehicle included (non decaled truck)
Cons
crushing workloads
Great place to work! Love the atmosophere
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 June 2015
Tyco is the very great place to work.Very busy environment ,But no stress out.Good management & team.Great place for your career improvement.
Pros
Great atmosphere, management is honest and trustworthy, quality benefits
Cons
Work/Life Balance is a bit off, but only due to volume of work not to any pressure applied by management
Not very motivating and lackluster performance culture
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 August 2015
Not the ideal place to work. I spent 5 years of my life gaining not so up-to-date experience with outdated technology. It was a good place to stay for a bit, but once learned a certain amount, there was nothing else to look forward to..
Tyco
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Victoria BC17 August 2015
Good company to work for. Large and sometimes difficult to work within. I was left to do my job most of the time.

Very good online training available, but difficult to get authorization to get in class learning because it's expensive to travel into the states.
Compensation is very low and very laid back
V & V (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON26 July 2015
Very laid back and the work culture is not that great. Lot of cuts have been made and no compensation at all. People from outside are look upon as better employees and no appreciation for loyalty
Pros
Easy going
Cons
Long Hours, low compensation
Daily Routine
Installation/Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 June 2015
we usually start our day with new adventure. we face new challenge every day. it usually good we get to learn new product meet new people. sometimes it does get hard. but it part of the work. we do travel a lot. some time 6 to 12 hours drive one way.at the end we always learning
Great Coworkers
Fire Alarm Technician (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 January 2015
You're very rarely working in the same place, and get to work in a variety of buildings (ex. Massey Hall, Rogers Center, Base Borden, First Canadian Place). Work day is usually a typical eight hour day, but nights and weekends are required on occasion.
Testing the Life Safety Equipment for the building is the main job.
Majority of the time you are working with at least one other tech. The co-workers are the highlight of the job. Great group of people working at Tyco.
Hardest part of the job is the early mornings and working nights. Some jobs require a couple months of nights only
Pros
Company Car, Gas Card, iPhone
Cons
Long Hours, Early Mornings, Extended Night Jobs
Prestigious company in terms of quality of products and employee compensation
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 May 2015
Management ensures that the working condition is good, cool, orderly and safe to all workers in the company.

The company gave fair compensation, safe and great working facilities that will enable all workers to upgrade.
Great team
Bilingual Data Co-Ordinator (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON31 January 2015
Tyco has been a great place to work and gain office experience. Our team has taken time to perfect and I love how great we all work together and they will all be sadly missed. Unfortunately the company is relocating and I have chosen not to make the move with them.

A typical work day would include arriving and being logged in on time, answering calls or emails from customers or technicians on site for installations or service calls, some troubleshooting and program downloading.

The most difficult part of my job would have to be the variety of software and programs we use and the amount of time it took to learn and fully comprehend each component. Now that I use this knowledge daily it has made the overall job easier to comprehend on a technical level.
Pros
Paid lunches, great benefits
Cons
Rotating shifts
Never again
administrative (Former Employee) –  Regina, sk30 July 2015
worst company I have ever been involved in. Horrible management, unorganized, unhappy staff, no communication, bad wage, no training, lots of staff turnover.
Pros
Staff was all nice, just hated their jobs
Cons
everything you can think of
Technical Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 January 2014
Really learned a lot here after getting graduated.this was my first job at tyco .Started working as technical support level 1 technicain .Team leader ,co worker were very friendly and helpful.used to take level 1 calla and then got promoted in a year to level 2 technician .There I learned all about security panel from wiring ,testing to programming the panels .It was fun working there as we always learn new by taking or talking to security proffesionals.