Tyco

Tyco Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Think about working here.
Sales (Former Employee), VancouverMay 18, 2013
Pros: some management understood the big picture
Cons: no loyalty, life work balance
The salary is OK if you are not looking for long term employment. Some management was Great but the DGM for my location was short sited and did not value loyalty or hard work and no vision.

My immediate supervisor was GREAT one of the best people I ever worked for. The team was ALSO A GREAT bunch of people and didn't deserve the GM.

This location – more... also has gone through several GMs over the years and the this one was by far the worst. Questionable ethics too..... – less
Assembly line
General labour (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 30, 2012
Pros: taking when my jobe is done
Cons: 40-44 hours a week
I there.

Working under presore,all way bee done my job on time,freindly,opening minde and team player.
Enjoyed the technical aspect
Fibre Optics Test Technician (Former Employee), Carleton Place, ONAugust 1, 2012
Was not managed very well. Saw things going on that I found very disturbing
Manager, Tax Compliance (Current Employee), Princeton, NJJuly 15, 2014
I had great mentors who really stood by me and worked with me. I had a great experience and would not have left if I had not relocated.
Personable work enviroment
Sr. Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLJuly 12, 2014
Pros: lunch discount program gym on site
Cons: no much employee team building or motivational in our dept
Typical responsibilities day to day include accounting management for respective entity, project and system improvements. Atmosphere is okay, Management driven to CPA certified environment. Not much room for advancement in the Finance Dept. Most difficult part of the job is meeting unrealistic goals of the dept. Most enjoyable- working for a dedicated – more... overall great company. The operational side of this business is very successful and am proud to work for this company. – less
Good company, OK product offering, enjoyed the company culture
Director of National Accounts, TSP (Former Employee), Lexington, MAJune 30, 2014
Pros: large matrixed organization, many opportunities for advancement
Cons: large org. sometimes hard to change plans mid-stream as needed.
I enjoyed my time with Tyco. The organization is not suited for everyone, but I felt comfortable at such a large company. The organization has it's own share of issue (as do most), but the overall company was an enjoyable place to be.
Make sure to negotiate before accepting any offer
Manager of Finance (Current Employee), Princeton, NJJune 30, 2014
Pros: the compensation
Cons: work vs home life is terrible
Make sure to negotiate before accepting an offer / position. Very optimistic starting out but senior management is only focused on growing their own bank accounts.
Worked as a Cad Dept. In charge (Design Engineer)
Design Engineer (Former Employee), Pune, MHJune 30, 2014
Responsible for Working in Drafting and Designing wiring Harness using Auto Cad & Capital ‘H’ getting out put from Team.
Service Engineer
Service Engineer - Customer Coordination (Former Employee), Bangalore, KAJune 29, 2014
- Handling of Installation, Commissioning and Service of induction heating equipments.
- Handling of control panel wiring & general electrical wiring.
- Troubleshooting of electronics cards of induction hardening machine like MOSFET & IGBT driver cards, SMPS card, Frequency regulation card, PWM Control card & Alarm card.
- Process proving of the machine.
- – more... Interacting with Design department regarding commissioning and implementation of solutions based on the feedback.
- Programming in PLC S7300,SCADA WINCC FLEXIBLE, Siemens 802D, Fanuc Oi Mate
- ISO documentation, preparing check lists for the machines – less
productive and fun work environment.
Shipping/Receiving Associate (Former Employee), Norcross,GaJune 26, 2014
The company has great benefits, a good working environment, with a great staff. The only down fail to the company is the management and how the facility is ran horrible.
A lot of acquisitions and disruptions in workplace
Rapid Response Development Group Leader (Former Employee), Fuquay-Varina, NCJune 25, 2014
When TYCO aquired Raychem the company culture shifted from technology focused to profit focused. The has led to a steady decline in the influence of engineering and raise in the influence of the MBA's.
Productive and Fast Paced Workplace
Assembler (Former Employee), Westminster, MAJune 24, 2014
Pros: was not a far commute from home, good hours, pay was ok, everyone was nice to work with.
Cons: lunch break was too short.
I liked working here. It kept me very busy and was fast paced just the way I like it.
demanding
Material Coordinator (Current Employee), Hobart, NYJune 16, 2014
it is rewarding to provide quality support to production. However job security with this company is non existent.
Productive workplace with the chance to become a career
Material clerk distribution 2 (Current Employee), Santa Teresa, NMJune 14, 2014
Pros: free purified water
Cons: too much mandatory overtime
A typical day at work is to first check what priorities are left for the rest of the day then handle them with integrity and as efficient as I can.
n/a
ELECTRONIC TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), Brownsville, TXJune 12, 2014
ELECTRONIC TECHNICIAN: Troubleshooting component levels using schematic diagrams, removing all kind of Ic’s like a microprocessor, crystals oscillator, etc. and re-intalling by soldering using station soldering(pace)using tools such as oscilloscope, multi-meter, variac a/c, power supply dc, frequency generators, programming and loading programs to the – more... fire alarms boards, repairing and testing fire alarms (surface mount). – less
Good compnay
Project Manager (Former Employee), Boston , MAJune 5, 2014
Very good company with strong HR and allow diversity
Support tuition for employee
Very technical position
Core Commercial Account Executive (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJune 2, 2014
Pros: great boss
Cons: 50+ hours every week
This position was like being an Engineer as well as a sales consultant. I learned many things and thus have grown as a result.
Interactive
Senior Commercial Consultant (Current Employee), Cape Town, WCMay 29, 2014
Pros: flexi hours
Cons: on the road a lot
•Risk analysis and implementing of security measures such as alarms, electric fences, access control and CCTV systems for the commercial market.
•Booking and overseeing of technical installations.
•Consulting with clients
•Budgets and forecasts
•Implement different strategies to maximize revenue and client growth opportunities in the geographical area
•Maximize – more... sales channel utilization to drive growth
•Explore and expand into new geographical markets to grow revenue
•Increase market share by expanding service offerings in line with customer requirements
•Push full ADT product range into the market to ensure increased share of wallet from customers
•Launch sales activities within the area to increase visibility promote the ADT brand

The most enjoyable part of my job is to meet new people every day. – less
fun workplace because travelling all over india
ENGINEER (Former Employee), Satara, MHMay 28, 2014
Here i was working as a service engineer so for providing a service t the customer we have going to there places.and these places is from all over the India so u have to travel all the places and these are like Gujarat,Calcutta,Kerala,Maharashtra i have learned to deal with travelling.it also a good experience for me.but only for the further education – more... i was leave that job. – less
Always met the deadlines
Inspector/Machine operator (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCMay 19, 2014
Employees always worked together willing to work overtime to meet quota.

1 2 3 4 5

About Tyco

We have a passion to protect what matters most. We are the world’s largest fire and security company, and we are providing – Read more