Tyco

Tyco Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
comfortable lunch room
assembler (Former Employee), North York, ONOctober 7, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long hours
Nice working area...very quiet and clean.
work with nice team
show me all experience they have
Fast paced environment with lots of opportunities
MANAGER, CYBER SECURITY OPERATIONS (Current Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 4, 2014
Fast paced environment with lots of opportunities growth. Good environment to learn and grow.
Not at all a challenging environment. Not too experience managers and engineers there.
Hardware-Software Integration Engineer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 24, 2013
Cons: no team work at all. not a challenging environment. not good management. no career development.
I haven't learned so much since the work environment and the tasks assigned were not challenging and the work culture is not a really good one. No team work at all.
I had young but very un-experienced supervisors.
Not too experienced HW/SW director.
Think about working here.
Sales (Former Employee), VancouverMay 18, 2013
Pros: some management understood the big picture
Cons: no loyalty, life work balance
The salary is OK if you are not looking for long term employment. Some management was Great but the DGM for my location was short sited and did not value loyalty or hard work and no vision.

My immediate supervisor was GREAT one of the best people I ever worked for. The team was ALSO A GREAT bunch of people and didn't deserve the GM.

This location – more... also has gone through several GMs over the years and the this one was by far the worst. Questionable ethics too..... – less
Assembly line
General labour (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 30, 2012
Pros: taking when my jobe is done
Cons: 40-44 hours a week
I there.

Working under presore,all way bee done my job on time,freindly,opening minde and team player.
Enjoyed the technical aspect
Fibre Optics Test Technician (Former Employee), Carleton Place, ONAugust 1, 2012
Was not managed very well. Saw things going on that I found very disturbing
International organization, which gives you the opportunity to work closely with employyes in other countries.
Project Manager (Current Employee), Princeton, NJDecember 14, 2014
Pros: i use all the languages that i know.
Cons: it's a long commute.
I start my day reviewing emails in 3 different languages! I write them back and, when necessary, follow up with phone calls. I interact with people in 7 countries.
good working environment and excellent employee welfare
Junior Engineer (Former Employee), Pune, MHDecember 11, 2014
Pros: no overtimes and excellent working atmosphere
tyco electronics is the leader in connector moulding and assembly and i liked each moment of my career as an engineer there.tyco elecronics acquired tek electromechanicals in 2012 and since then it has been on the uprise in automotive moulding and connector mouldings.
Productive and rewarding
Nightshift Supervisor (Former Employee), Stockport, ENGDecember 9, 2014
Pros: rewarding
Cons: long hours
I achieved many positive acknowledgments through my working time at Tyco. My hard work being the operative word .
Cooprative working enviroment
SAP Trainee at TE Connectivity (EX (Former Employee), 上海市, C23December 7, 2014
During my six month internship in Tyco, I need work with people from different functional departments. Everyone work in a professional and cooperative manner to ensure the work is done timely.
The hardest part of the job is interview with other company about how IT organization organize in their company and what are the success factors, this experience – more... enhanced my communication and interview skills.
The most enjoyable part is I made a report about how to improve the efficiency of our trouble tracking system and how to improve our user experience to my manger, he agreed with most of my suggestions and implement them. – less
fun i love being a material handler
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee), El Paso, TXDecember 3, 2014
I love working at the warehouse especially around boxes I had to scan boxes if the they were going the right direction also if damage we have to report and get a new box to send and a new sticker so they can travel safely. also sometimes you have to work for 16 hours straight because they send high volume of orders and they have to be send as soon as – more... possible. – less
Great place to work, good benefits, great pay
Customer Service Representative/Inside Sales Rep (Former Employee), Monroe, NCNovember 30, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits, 401k, paid time off
Cons: sometimes could be a stressful job when dealing with people that aren't happy
Started as a temporary employee, a little over a year later was made permanent with a $5/hour pay increase plus benefits, 401k, etc. All departments worked very well together to ensure exceptional delivery of products and service. From product development to final sale, service, and maintenance of product/service, could not ask for a better place to – more... work at – less
best place to work
Site Engineer (LUCKNOW) (Former Employee), Lucknow, UPNovember 16, 2014
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
your co-workers
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Lots of change; bad history with a lot of companies
National Account Manager- Work (Former Employee), Columbia, MDNovember 6, 2014
Tyco/ADT is a large company and a lot of customers have either business experience or home experience with the company. There is a lot of negative history with customers due to poor installs, raising recurring costs, contracts, poor customer service, reps changeover, lack of one point of contact, etc. Therefore, building relationships with new customers – more... takes time. You really have to sell yourself over the company. It is really a shame because Tyco is a big, successful company where a lot of the employees have been around for a long time.

Over the last few years, a lot of the employees have really been beaten down and the morale is low due to a lot of changes and management performance. This makes it hard to work there as a lot of people have a lot of years in the company and want it to succeed. Unfortunately due to this low morale, a lot of people just go through the motions trying to put on the fires that pop up every day. – less
warehouse op.
Warehouse Assistant (Current Employee), Witham, ENGOctober 31, 2014
Pros: good environment
Cons: bit far
regular warehouse duties, picking, packing, shipping, stock counting,
Fun job
Roller Operator (Former Employee), Hebron, OHOctober 27, 2014
Pros: great company and benefits
Cons: recession and jobs moving over seas
Was a very fast pace dangerous job but I learned how to push myself to be more efficient and harder. Management was great and they cared about us. Made a ton of life long friends and we all helped each other out. Hardest part of the job would be the heat, it would get 120 degrees in the building. Most enjoyable thing about the job was the interaction – more... with our bosses and each other. – less
bad company
Shipping Supervisor (Former Employee), El Paso, TXOctober 25, 2014
I was asked to perform different tasks; shipping material via UPS, Fed Ex, and DHL; ensuring that the materials needed were picked accurately and in a timely manner, ensuring employee productivity.
Make ice cream, waffle cones
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), El Paso TexasOctober 20, 2014
Fun place to work, costumer service required, great work hours.
Great senior employees,alot of room for growth.
Machine Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee), Fort Mill, SCOctober 13, 2014
Pros: the diffrent skills learned and learning in a new setting prior to tyco i worked at restaurants.
Cons: not enough hours.
Here I learned a lot of new skills this was my first experience as a machine operator I loved it.The senior employees really helped me whenever I needed it,I met a lot of life long friends even though I no longer work there.
Was a good company till the takeover from AMP to TYCO
Cash Application Clerk/Charge Back Clerk II (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAOctober 8, 2014
After TYCO was bought from AMP INC. the company wasn't quite the same anymore. When the President new almost everyone's name. at AMP. That no longer was the case.

1 2 3 4 5

About Tyco

We have a passion to protect what matters most. We are the world’s largest fire and security company, and we are providing – Read more