Tyco Employee Reviews

Call center
Alarm and Client Relations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  North York, ON1 March 2017
Over the past 4.5 Years I learned alot working in a call center environment with good people that took the time to train me while dealing with rough situations
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 February 2017
really great awesome place to work. Helpful managers that are willing to reach out to help sales staff achive targets.fun and exciting work place to work in
Pros
free lunches on friday
Cons
laggy systems
Organized, friendly staff willing to go above & beyond
Fire Alarm Technician Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS28 February 2017
A company you don't want to miss out on! Excellent at valuing each employee equally and working as a team. Great way to grasp a foundation in electronics and as well, the fire industry in Canada as a young professional. Security in positions for valued technicians.
Pros
Great management, pay increases & atmosphere.
Cons
Occassional confusion in servicing scheduling.
Lack of Vision
Individual Contributor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 February 2017
The culture is suffocating as there is a lack of proper vision and leadership within the management and senior leadership teams. Projects are not properly planned or executed. There is no organization portfolio to properly understand the companies strategy and how individuals contribute to the success of these objectives. Performance rating and evaluation are never taken seriously and compensation therefore suffers as low preforming individuals are often recognized by management do to personal relationship and high performers are not rewarded for their hard work and ethics.
Pros
Peers are nice to work with.
Cons
Long hours, lack of vision, planning, execution and direction. Low salary compensation.
Positive work environment
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON7 February 2017
The atmosphere is very positive. The daily tasks are always changing, making it not monotonous. People are willing to share information if you are unsure of how to handle a task.
Pros
Positive work environment
Micro-Management
Ales Executive (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON10 January 2017
Was tough working with a micromanager.
Co-Workers were great
Learning the product was the difficult part of this job
Great work place with friendly people
Intermediate Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON28 December 2016
Learned a lot from this company. My team lead was very hands off providing me with a lot of freedom to solve problems. Had opportunities to gain more responsibilities and move up.
In need to implement new developmental culture
Global quality assurance analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 October 2016
A company that is stocked in the all way of doing things, it is the culture and it works but there are new technologies and new ideas that can work much better and there is where we need to invest in creating and developing new ideas with the goals in mind to achieve new venues.
Pros
convenient location from my house
Cons
Long working hours, unnecessary management micromanagement
Excellent Work Environment
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Dufferin, ON8 August 2016
Tyco consists of excellent work environment with kind coworkers and easy shifts. Tasks were very easy hence team work is very important and cooperation will help speed up and ease workload. managers were very kinds and facilities were kept suitable for employees.
Pros
Easy tasks
Cons
Rushed workplace
Software
System Level Test Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 May 2016
getting work assigned to you, or looking to analyize
tyco doesn't pay enough, and is a little slow to take care of their employees
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
poor pay
Great Place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 May 2016
Fast paced, challenging and fulfilling. Great work life balance with the culture of the company always up! The most enjoyable part of the job were my co-workers. Management always willing to listen and take action when required.
fun work place
Bilingual technical support security (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 April 2016
A good place to work , good people to work with . learnt alot in the company. busy environment , the management , friendly co- workers.
very good place to work with, good benefit and training
Production Clerk/Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto Ontario2 February 2016
Very good place to work with, professional, good training and good benefit! gain lots of experiences.

Work with different people and cultures!
Pros
Gain lots of experiences
Cons
Far to travel
Quite possibly the worst company to work for in Canada.
Core Account Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS2 February 2016
Honestly, I have no idea where to start. I was hired as a Core Account Executive with more promises then you could shake a stick at. Sadly, I was warned by fell victim to the "large company" with deep pockets... Until you work for them. It took 3 weeks to get an email address, 1 month to get a computer, a phone that was never properly set up and 50+ days to receive my vehicle. Yet after 2 weeks, my brain dead - and I am being as polite as possible - manager was asking "any sales" .... they provide 0 support, 0 training, absolutely no confidence in the product or their employees and the office honestly was like a run down call centre in a 3rd world country. I kind you not, they manufacture security products and sell it to their competitors, forcing their staff to fight for deals against their on product??

From day 1, literally day 1, I realized I had made a monumental mistake, one that I now have to explain to future employers, friends and family.

PLEASE....PLEASE I BEG YOU, DO NOT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I MADE - This isn't a "disgruntled view", I promise you that, this is quite possibly, the worst company to work for in all of Canada.
Pros
I got 3 hour old turkey for lunch on a paper plate at Christmas?
Cons
Honestly, too many to list. Broken promises, incompetent management, delusional head office, horrible facilities, vehicles on the road without winter tires, shady territory decisions, yes men or in this case women, who have no clue what their doing but have clearly sucked up to the right people.
As long as you do your part you're fine
Billingual Communications Coordinator (Former Employee) –  North York, ON7 January 2016
Very nice place to work as a student. Nobody complains as long as you follow the procedures and do your part. The faster you work the better but they want you to do it at your own pace to avoid mistakes. The management was decent, they keep all employees safe and try to resolve all conflicts. Some staff members didn't like each others work ethics because they're personalities were conflicting but other than that they love helping new employees.
Cons
A lot of dust (warehouse)
N\a
FIRE ALARM TECH (Former Employee) –  London, ON7 January 2016
Great people to work with at the shop / site

Corporate act at a pubescent, knee jerk level

They constantly have to justify their existance to

Their stake holders
Pros
N\A
Cons
N\A
Great company to work for.
Security Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 December 2015
Fast pace work with travel all across Alberta. Worked with some of the most sophisticated security systems in the industry.
Good work environment
Systems Level Tester (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 December 2015
I like this company in many ways. Good benefits, Friendly work environment. Multicultural social events. Flexible work time.
Train the employees in the work related manner.
Not much to tell? Another huge corporation that expects there employees to work for free
CCTV service technician (Former Employee) –  GTA, ON2 December 2015
Many promises made at the interview, and not followed through, old world thinking from management, don’t complain, don’t ask, don’t care, do it fast don’t care about right or wrong
Pros
get to meet nice people and rip them off
Cons
Extremely long hours driving to site, no compensation
National Program Administrator / IT Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 October 2015
My position was challenging but I am one that likes to be challenged, The more I learn the better for me. Everyone came to me for information as I moved around within the company and that made me feel great about myself as I have learned so much and gained so much experience, I owe it to ADT/Tyco for all my experience. They always believed in me and I loved that about them, They weren't afraid of giving me more work and giving me more challenges,
Pros
Great manager
Cons
Very long hours do to big projects.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tyco. Our community is ready to answer.

75%