Two Men and a Truck® Employee Reviews

Hard Workers need only apply
Move Manager (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON10 December 2015
Two men and a Truck is a great moving company that backs their employees by giving us all the tools to get our job done right. It is a moving position all of which have a high turnover rate
Pros
coffee, good work enviroment
Cons
long work hours, continuous heavy lifting
Great place to engage in an active lifestyle through lifting furniture
Truck Driver/Loader/Mover/Trainer (Former Employee) –  245 Yorkland Blvd, Toronto, ON M2J 4W93 November 2015
Fun workplace with great people (employees and management).
Learning the aspects of maintaining and operating a 26 foot truck for 4 years is an experience I wear on my belt. The environment and general job procedure really does promote determination and being the best one can be.
The time spent under this employment has positively benefited my health in cardio but most significantly in my strength capability. As with most jobs of this nature, it is common to be fatigued and irritable, however, it is that very aspect of any job where one can learn to further their skills as a person and inter-personally. My colleagues have taught me positive social/physical skills that can be applied beneficially in my life.
Pros
Very flexible work times
Cons
long hours (daily)
Very inconsistent wages hourly
Helper (Former Employee) –  Burlington Ontario11 September 2015
This was the company I worked for which trained me in the moving industry. I learned how to be professional, courteous, and diligent in my practices of moving furniture. The money was inconsistent, also other employees were difficult to work with, and at times I felt threatened. Therefore I left two men and a truck in order to pursue my education in an attempt to gain requirements for college.
Pros
I gained valuable customer service experience
Cons
long hours, physically demanding
Productive and Fun
Mover (Current Employee) –  Cambridge21 August 2015
It was a very relaxed placed to work. It was a great place to work. All the employees were great. The bosses were really good bosses.
Active fun place to work in fast paced enviorment
Driver/Mover (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON9 April 2015
It is a fast paced environment that you have to be able to follow instruction from your leader or driver. It can be a great place with all of the guys together being able to work as a team and having fun as well. Demanding though can be lifting heavy awkward objects and have to be able to carry the weight until it is safe to put it down or in position.
Pros
move incentive
Cons
demanding on the body
Not easy
Driver/Mover (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON19 January 2015
Hard work and office staff and movers have no communication and the company has no customer service and leaves it up to drivers and movers to fix issues on day of moves
Cons
long hours for little pay
The Job itself comes with some good perks and rewards but not a life career.
Driver/Furniture Relocation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, brampton19 November 2014
A day at work can be rewarding but also brutally hard, I learned a lot with my driving and abilities. Management has its ups and downs like everything its not perfect, Co-workers are hard to rate cause of turn over, hardes thing I struggled with was constant flow of hours, the most enjoyable part I would have to say is when you see a customer happy when their home arrives safe and sound and when they get the full benefit from a professional service. Its all about making some ones life happen. In a matter of 8 hours you can kinda feel like you get to know people. They are basically in a sense allowing us to take care of their life for a day. So its upon to make their experience as effortless and enjoyable as possible.
Pros
customer satisfaction, good people, little to no supervision required, good pay for hours worked, always something different, work at own pace, health, gratuities
Cons
short season, high turnover, dangerous, not enough per hour, extremely heavy, hard on back and joints, bad customers, bad weather, too many hours to work to close together
Mover
Part-time Mover (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 October 2014
labor intensive, fun, hardworking environment. good management. good pay. loving company.
not very family orianted
Labourer (Former Employee) –  kingston ontario24 May 2014
don't care about days booked off for family events and make u work till 230 am
Great place to be around
Mover (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 March 2014
It's hard work but the pay is well, Andy is a great boss and great management all around. Honestly my favourite part was coming into the office and seeing the people that were my Boss.
Pros
Great Environment
Cons
Hard Work
Good Work Environment
Mover / Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON20 January 2014
Get to Work , safely check truck and get details about move for the day. Arrive to place of work and start working . work day is however long it takes you to load an unload customers belongings.
hours are great in peak moving season.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON21 August 2013
co workers are great.
Need to understand that there is a good posibility that you could be working into the night.
hardest part of the job is the heat and humidity.
Management are good people and will try and accomodate you.
six days a week.
overall moving isnt an easy job and not for the weak at heart, it pays well considering the it can be long hours. The hours are there during the moving season, just understand that its seasonal.
Pros
The posibility of tips every day
Cons
long hours and sometimes 7 days a week (rare)