TWO MEN AND A TRUCK®

TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great place to be around
Mover (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 12, 2014
Pros: great environment
Cons: hard work
It's hard work but the pay is well, Andy is a great boss and great management all around. Honestly my favourite part was coming into the office and seeing the people that were my Boss.
hours are great in peak moving season.
Driver (Former Employee), Burlington, ONAugust 21, 2013
Pros: the posibility of tips every day
Cons: long hours and sometimes 7 days a week (rare)
co workers are great.
Need to understand that there is a good posibility that you could be working into the night.
hardest part of the job is the heat and humidity.
Management are good people and will try and accomodate you.
six days a week.
overall moving isnt an easy job and not for the weak at heart, it pays well considering the it can be long hours. – more... The hours are there during the moving season, just understand that its seasonal. – less
trash
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHJuly 7, 2014
don't work for this place it is horrible. you can not move up into more than what you go in as and you are treated like a slave.
Great Career Job lots of oppurtunities
Mover/Packer (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJuly 2, 2014
Pros: tips!
Cons: competitive co-workers
Great Summer Job, Great workout plus your getting paid for it.
Sorry try again!!!
Mover/Packer (Former Employee), Valparaiso, INJuly 1, 2014
This company is a joke and sucks to work for. (Pardon my bluntness)
Unethical workplace and extreme micromanagement
Office Manager (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJune 20, 2014
Pros: office is closed on sundays
Cons: micromanagement, distrust, lack of benefits, and other devious behavior
In short, this place is an awful employer and I would not recommend working or supporting this company whatsoever.

My stint at Two Men and a Truck would begin with me applying for and interviewing to be hired on as a Customer Service Representative. The interview went extremely well, and during the interview I was informally offered a position in management – more... as a Quality Control Manager. I was very pleased with this opportunity, but that excitement ended when the NEXT DAY, I was called and told by the operations manager that the offer for a management position had been rescinded and the original offer was on the table. This decision came off as highly unprofessional, yet I still accepted the position at the reduced hourly wage, as I needed a job at the time. The reasoning behind that decision did not come until weeks later when I was told “Sorry, we are unable to train two managers at once.”

One of the most frustrating parts of the job had to be working under the current operations manager. He was the type that assumed he “knew it all” but performed nothing. If you looked up the definition of micromanagement, a picture of this particular person's smug face would show up. He actually encouraged other managers to micromanage. He pawned ALL his responsibilities and tasks off to other associates and management, while he sat in his office, playing Candy Crush and putting callers on hold. In fact, this particular person would prefer to have a potential customer wait on hold for 10 minutes in order for another associate to free up, rather than handling the call himself. This isn’t the best business practice but he insisted on it. Even the Two Men and a Truck internal website stated that all calls should be handled quickly and efficiently to provide the best customer experience. He desired paper pushers and wanted office associates to turn numerous forms and reports into him. These forms were not read, but rather just filed away, and it was his way of keeping tabs on everything without doing anything. One of his quotes was “I want this office to have a more corporate feel.” At the time, there were 7 people that worked in the office.

Two months into the job, after experiencing success as a CSR, I am approached and offered the Office Manager position. I gladly accept the new position and am grateful for the opportunity. The salary is average for a recent college graduate, but there are zero benefits or paid time off.

At some point roughly a month into my new role, I made a mistake and there was a mix-up on the schedule. It was stated that I was supposed to be at work an hour before we opened at 7 am, but I had believed that I was supposed to be there at 8 am. I showed up at 7:45 am, thinking I was 15 minutes early, and was immediately met with a closed door meeting and handed a 3 day unpaid suspension. Keep in mind that I was the top revenue producer in the office and the fact that there were 2 other managers (3 including the operations manager) in that morning at 7 am. They were by no means shorthanded or handicapped by my accidental tardiness, and the office was not scheduled to open until 8 am.

After the suspension, I continued to show up and perform the job to the best of my abilities. I documented the numerous people that they pushed away and fired because of the distrust with management, specifically the operations manager. I heard and witnessed the unnecessary banter, bashing, and useless commentary (that many would consider to be very offensive) about employees that were fired or walked away. I worked well with everyone and participated in upper managements goals and way of doing things, even if I didn’t agree with them. It wasn’t my business to run, and I wasn’t going to write a negative review of this company until this most recent event.

I searched for and accepted a new job after working with TMT for over 5 months. As a business professional, I typed a formal letter of resignation stating my decision to leave, and gave them notice that my last day would be in 2.5 weeks. The first week after giving that notice went without a hitch. However, this company’s unprofessionalism reared its ugly head again during that second week. I had a scheduled day off during that week as I had every month that I had worked there as a manager. When I came back the next day, my computer, keyboard, mouse, and desk chair had been taken from my office. It had been replaced with a jumbled mess of another monitor and desktop tower that was not hooked up at all. Needless to say, I was unable to do my job for 2.5 hours that morning while I waited on the operations manager to locate the proper cord to set up my replacement computer. During that time, I am made aware that the operations manager had told the other associates to raid my desk because “I was on my way out.” At that time, I still had over a week until my last day.

Again, despite this, I kept my mouth shut and continued to do the job that I was being paid to do. I knew they were trying to force me out early because they didn’t want to pay my salary for the remainder of my tenure. Three days after the computer incident, I am called into another closed-door meeting to be told that my services are no longer needed. I had four days remaining of scheduled work before my announced “last day.”

The behavior of this particular branch is why good people will not stay on at this company, and their goals are unattainable without the right people. Utilizing a temp service is not an effective way to grow a business, but again that’s not my call to make.

If you are looking for a job where you can gain good experience, achieve recognition, and have upward mobility this place is not for you. This essay doesn't even do justice for how bad this place is. Again, DO NOT WORK HERE.

If you want to see a mover’s perspective of this particular branch, there’s an extremely accurate review from March 2014 posted on indeed.com as well. – less
Productive, very enjoyable people
Driver (Former Employee), Sheffield, OHJune 18, 2014
Pros: different place and people every day
Cons: low pay
Check truck, review list of equipment,fill out log. Then proceed to first location,speak with client and start moving items out to truck.Secure items and drive truck to destition and unload.
Productive and busy workplace with great bonuses.
Office Manager (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJune 16, 2014
Pros: a lot of over time is available
Cons: there isn't much advancement in the company
A typical day at Two Men and a Truck was a busy one from start to finish. I learned a lot working with them,they helped mold my management skills to make myself better. The management and co-workers work closely together here, it is a small business so you even get to know the owner quite well. the hardest part of my job was when they decided to dissolve – more... the office management position. The most enjoyable party of my job was when I was able to make a customers day brighter and better. – less
Not too bad
Mover (Former Employee), Dayton, OHJune 11, 2014
Pros: good pay, good hours, good tips
Cons: long work hours
This job pushed me to work hard physically. It involved a lot of moving and organizing several heavy items.
productive, great people to work with
Driver/Mover (Current Employee), Casselberry, FLMay 6, 2014
Pros: the chance of tips from customers.
Cons: no place for promotion or advancement.
The hardest part of my job is having to run all day while carrying heavy furniture.
the most enjoyable part of my job is working with such great employees that are easy to call friends.
management is lacking just a little in my opinion, a lot could be done differently.
i learned to work better as a team, and how to be patient and slow to anger when – more... dealing with customers.
a typical day at work would be joking around with the guys, completing usually three to four moves a day. – less
Rushed Work Environment
Mover/Packer (Former Employee), San Diego, CAApril 19, 2014
Get there earlier then appointed time.
Get ready for move and check charts letting me know who I am working with and all that the job entails.
Management there wasn't bad all but one manager did there best to help the customers and workers.
Hardest part of the job was getting enough hours. The most enjoyable was the satisfaction of working hard and – more... earning my wage. – less
I recommend no one work for this company a bunch of favortism and brown nosing
Mover (Former Employee), Stevensville, MIApril 13, 2014
Pros: hours, travel, and tips
Cons: no breaks, paperwork is never right, favortism, and sucky office staff
This is by far the wost company I have ever worked for they claim you can advance in the company but only way that will happen is if you brown nose. None of the office staff cares about the employee and they blame all of their mistakes on the drivers and movers so they won't look bad and dont even think about getting a raise not worth the money for – more... all the hard work you have to do. And they show so much favortism its ridiculous i could go on forever about why u shouldnt work for this company but I will leave it at that. – less
Terrible place to work.
Mover (Former Employee), Lakeland flApril 4, 2014
A piece of junk job you are a trainer and you get freaking talked about and mistreated and no help while everyone else is just sitting on there butts and texting when they are freaking not suppose to so your stupid if you apply here thanks.
Great summer job with good pay
Diver/Mover (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALMarch 27, 2014
Pros: money
Cons: long work days
As a mover at Two Men And A Truck you will be moving furniture and other items for companies and residential homes. Requires someone to have the capability of moving heavy objects and working manual labor for several hours at a time.

You need to get to know management so that you can ensure you get the amount of hours you want but in the really busy – more... periods you will be required to work all day.

The pay is good and the work isn't to bad, but it takes a motivated person to do this job. The more motivated you are the better your experience and pay will be.

Oh and on top of your hourly wage you normally get decent tips. – less
Intense dedicated work, likable people.
Mover (Former Employee), Kent, WAMarch 22, 2014
Pros: get to see lots of living spaces, excellent workout, personal connection with customers, possibly great tips
Cons: highly physical, must stand commuting a lot, many very heavy objects.
Arriving at 6:30 am, we start the day by making sure the moving trucks are clean and restock any supplies needed from the warehouse before heading to the customer's residence and completing the task they requested. The job varied from day to day and could be anything from packing an entire apartment to move to a house, or emptying/filling a storage – more... container, to moving a couch from one floor to another. Time is limited so you have to work fast but also be considerate of peoples belongings, and the spaces you are entering.
Everyone at the company helps out when there's a large workload, and the dedication to being the best is admirable. there is definitely a healthy competitive spirit at the company, And it shows in the workforce. If you can keep pace with the breakneck speed and high quality workmanship, it is a great place to work. – less
Easy Work
Mover/Driver (Former Employee), Carrollton, TXMarch 18, 2014
Overall the job was a pretty easy job if you're used to labor jobs. The tips were great also.
Two Men is a great college job, very beneficial
Mover/Packer (Current Employee), Huntsville,ALMarch 12, 2014
Pros: great pay, great co-workers
Cons: long hours, physical stress, extreme weather
TMT has been a great place to work. The pay is very good, and typically the co-workers are great. The work is hard, honest work. You lift furniture and boxes all day and sometimes you do this in a difficult environment. By difficult, I mean, extremely hot, rain, freezing rain, lighting, any hazardous weather, extreme hills, tons of steps, and so on. – more... This being said the people that work there are top notch and make the job enjoyable. The management does a decent job at working with my needs and giving me the hours that I need to survive. The hardest part of the job is the constant physical stress on the body, but one of the biggest perks is the camaraderie that there is amongst the guys. – less
Failed promises and favoritism
Mover (Former Employee), NashvilleMarch 12, 2014
Pros: the monetary incentives from the customers
Cons: favoritism, work schedule, management vs. workers environment
There is no guaranteed amount of hours even though when at the interview I had been told that it would be close to 40 hours. It seems glamorous with the amount of hours one is told will be working and the "idea" of tips. The truth is that the schedule is ridiculous, they have a schedule line that one must call the day before and they update it with – more... the schedule of all the employees. The hours are placed on the schedule line at 5:00 PM. It is impossible for people to live like this for you never know what your week will look like. When I first started it was made to seem that I would have close to 40 hours and as the weeks progressed the hours just kept on lowering.

There were a few weeks in which less than 20 hours were given to most. Favoritism is a huge problem there and the ones that the managers favor will be receiving the better side of the hours. The hard work is not the problem for most, it is the failed promises by the management, the ridiculous work schedule that makes it impossible to live off, and the favoritism giving by the unprofessional management.

A few meetings were held in which the management threatened the employees by in a devious way informing all that if the assistant manager was angered by one of the employees or any other management type was angered that they would search for a reason to replace you. Once the search began for a reason to replace you then it will be found and those are the exact words of one of the managers.

All in all, the long hours and the heavy lifting are not the problem with the company for what does one expect when being employed by a moving company. It is the management that is the problem, the hostile work environment that has been produced by their threats and I must inform you that they will be kept, the favoritism, the ridiculous work schedule in which you only know the day before. It is a typical management vs. movers situation. – less
High stress, fast paced work. If you don't want to work harder than you ever have before, don't apply.
Mover/Driver (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALMarch 10, 2014
Pros: if you put in your best effort, you will make more money through tips. also you will be in the best shape of your life.
Cons: fourteen hour days happen and they are always hard. working 6 days a week is taxing.
Company policy was to run 50% of the time. They will only hire young males because anyone else would not have the speed, strength, endurance, and durability to keep up with the rigorous nature of this job. They have to hire most people who come in who are athletic and have a clean record so not all co-workers are intelligent, but they are all hard working – more... as anyone without a good work ethic quits within the first few weeks. – less
great crew
mover, dispatcher, Manager (Former Employee), Holland, MIFebruary 18, 2014
maybe if the owner put mor effort into his own company it would generate 2 mil a year

1 2 3 4 5

About TWO MEN AND A TRUCK®

At TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® our core purpose is to move people forward. We move people personally and professionally. In fact, – Read more

TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® Photos