Two Men and a Truck®

Two Men and a Truck® Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Not easy
Driver/Mover (Current Employee), Burlington, ONJanuary 19, 2015
Cons: long hours for little pay
Hard work and office staff and movers have no communication and the company has no customer service and leaves it up to drivers and movers to fix issues on day of moves
Mover
Part-time Mover (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 3, 2014
labor intensive, fun, hardworking environment. good management. good pay. loving company.
Great place to be around
Mover (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 12, 2014
Pros: great environment
Cons: hard work
It's hard work but the pay is well, Andy is a great boss and great management all around. Honestly my favourite part was coming into the office and seeing the people that were my Boss.
hours are great in peak moving season.
Driver (Former Employee), Burlington, ONAugust 21, 2013
Pros: the posibility of tips every day
Cons: long hours and sometimes 7 days a week (rare)
co workers are great.
Need to understand that there is a good posibility that you could be working into the night.
hardest part of the job is the heat and humidity.
Management are good people and will try and accomodate you.
six days a week.
overall moving isnt an easy job and not for the weak at heart, it pays well considering the it can be long hours. The hours are there during the moving season, just understand that its seasonal.
Tough environment.
Customer Service (Former Employee), west valley cityJanuary 25, 2015
I enjoyed moving peoples homes. I enjoyed being apart of a team. I know how to be a professional mover. The hours were flexible and that was something i enjoyed.
Fun job, not for everyone.
Mover (Current Employee), Millwood, NYJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: get to travel
Cons: might hurt your back
I would arrive in the morning, there'd be coffee if we wanted. Get in the truck and drive to the destination. It's a fun job but the management isn't great. Me and my friend got called for a job together and a couple weeks later someone asks for us together again and my boss didn't do what the costumer wanted. Most of my co-workers are ex convicts which gives you a different perspective and they are really nice to you. Hardest part of the job is moving old couches that might have nails or staples stuck in the bottom that might cut you. Moving things is fun, like working out releases stress.
Customer Service Oriented company
Owner (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: growth, instant gratification
Cons: long hours
I opened both the Bentonville, AR location and the Little Rock, AR locations. Both are doing great and growing. I loved the fact that we were able to provide the opportunity to our employees to grow and learn and help them create their own quality of life.
If you want your hard work recognized dont work here
CSR (Former Employee), Columbia MOJanuary 12, 2015
The two years this location has been open they have seen three different CSR's and mover/drivers they have seen are endless. The Owner cannot be bothered with training but will hold it against you if you mess up. You are made to work more hours than you are paid for. The management is a joke and are only out for themselves. One week they talk about moving up and the next they fire you. No job security and no benefits. You pay for your own uniforms and there are no medical benefits. The men in the office are vulgar and sexist. They make you feel uncomfortable at every turn. Don't let them gimmick you with commission because you wont see it. Also you will have to clean up after disgusting people who urinate all over the unisex bathroom floor. So, if you want a job that pays terrible and makes you work unpaid this ones for you.
ok job/but becarefull,you may work for free
driver/mover (Former Employee), sunset hills,moJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: uniforms/tips
Cons: loss of pay any way they can
check in 7 am, be cleaned shaved, in uniform, and ready to work,
you will learn rules real fast, by how small your paycheck is,
management will do what ever they can to pay you less,
your coworkers are great, fun and helpful,
the hardest part of job is getting paid,
the customer are the best part of the job, you get tips
Tough work and guaranteed overtime.
Professional Mover (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: free breakfasts at times.
Cons: pessimistic co-workers.
My crew and I were dispatched every morning at 7:30 a.m. to go to the jobs. After the first move, we would pick up another job and go straight there to move the next customer, and so on. I would usually end the day with 7 total jobs! I learned how to carry furniture the correct way and also how to move at a fast pace to manage time correctly. Management was great. Every manager did their job in making sure everything was done correctly and in a professional manner. My co-workers weren't so great. I was surrounded by non-team affiliated people that would try to find anything to make someone get written up, or lose their job. The hardest part of the job was carrying large furniture up and down three or more flights of stairs constantly. The most enjoyable part of the job was the work out it gave me, and the tips from customers were always great.
Fast and Fun
Professional Mover (Former Employee), Norwalk, CTDecember 31, 2014
it was a temp job. I was a fill in for eight months. fast pace job.while people are sleep im up 4am working
terrible
mover (Former Employee), cincinnati, OhioDecember 29, 2014
Pros: good tips
Cons: no time for lunch, long hours, unorganized
The actual job wasn't bad just the people i worked with and the way the place was ran. This place was so unorganized. You had to keep track of your own hours and tips. Would get to work at a certain time but wouldn't start getting paid until we left for a job and that sometimes took a long time. Would work long hours without getting a lunch. Sometimes would have three people in a truck that had a stick shift. Some customers would be nice and some would be very rude. Most of the time we would expect going into the job to take this long but it would actually take ten times longer.
easy money, when you actually get it
Mover/Laborer (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNDecember 19, 2014
Pros: easy money
Cons: bounced pay checks
this job had a bunch of goof balls for co workers, angry customers, crazy hard lifting. the wage was decent, the hours sucked, and the owner of this particular franchise is crooked. bounced pay check on a regular basis. I enjoyed leaving this job.
Not worth working here unless you wanna lose some weight.
Mover (Former Employee), Clayton, OHDecember 9, 2014
No advancement really. Terrible pay for Hard work. Upper management sends you on a job or two for the day.
Horrible
Senior Move Consultant (Former Employee), Lansing, MIDecember 9, 2014
Pros: benefits, full time
Cons: no breaks, no support, no commission although its advertised
Management looks out for themselves, and does not care about the people below them. You work over 50 hours a week, with no breaks but a 30 minute lunch break. They constantly up your quota after meeting it until it's impossible to make any commission. They require you to network off hours, and refuse to compensate for it.
Moving Job
Mover/driver (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 28, 2014
Employees are not given a schedule. All employees required to show up daily to check job availability.
Productive and a fun place to work
Mover/Crew Leader (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCNovember 19, 2014
Pros: friendly and well organized
Cons: commute was too far
Every morning I would show up and everything I needed to know was laid out nice and neat for me. All I had to do was load up the truck with the equipment I needed and then I was ready to go
Okay temporary job
Mover (Former Employee), ChicagoNovember 14, 2014
Pros: tips & bonuses, workout, good co-workers
Cons: hours & schedule varies too much
My thoughts on Two Men is that it's an okay company. It's a big, nationwide company with a lot of franchises and offices. Summer time is very busy, so they're always looking for work. You can be a convicted felon and they will hire you because they need bodies. When I applied a year and a half ago, I got the job on the spot. No drug test either.

Compensation is mediocre, the tips are what make the job worth it and they do offer bonuses for job performance monthly, the bonuses range from $20 to $280 all dependent on customer reviews. It's a good summer job because that's when they hire and that's the time where you get hours.

The schedule is day to day, always changing so good luck making plans with friends. Managers are pretty laid back, they actually liked me, and not everyone does. They don't even care if you smoke weed in the truck really, but if they don't like you, they will drug test you.

High turnover because of the physical nature of the job, but some guys have been there forever. They seem to be one of those companies that hire from within. It's a good job to have while you look for something better. Sorry for the long review.

Oh one more thing, before you leave the company, make sure they are clear on the date you leave. My advice is to get it done in writing because the bosses are so swamped that they will forget when you say you're leaving. When I quit they thought I gave them no notice, even when I did give them the 2 week. I got my paycheck docked for that.
absolutely horrendous!!
driver/mover (Former Employee), Arlington, Jacksonville FloridaNovember 14, 2014
Pros: you can get tips if they want to give you the jobs that are going to give tips for!
Cons: everything about the company is a con! i swear on everything!
The location in Jacksonville Florida is completely horrible, first of all they violate every dot guideline possible... secondly they charge customers 115.00 an hr for services excluding the 115.00 travel fee but only pay 9.00 per hr! It's modern day slavery! And they never pay you correctly, also they make you get to work get your assignment load the truck with equipment, fuel the truck and much more without paying you for that, the owners are alcoholics and don't dare work overtime because anything over 40hrs they will write out a personal check for the difference and they don't pay time and a half just straight 9.00 per hr no matter how many hrs you work, no benefits but they want you to carry 100+ lbs up stairs don't have half the necessary equipment for you to avoid injuries... I can go on and on... If you're desperate for a job go ahead but DON'T SAY I DIDN'T WARN YOU!!!
This job sucked
Mover/Laborer (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCNovember 4, 2014
Cons: long days, terrible pay
I pick up and move peoples furniture all day. Worked way too hard and didn't get paid enough my entire time there. That's why I no longer work for this company

1 2 3 4 5

About Two Men and a Truck®

At TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® our core purpose is to move people forward. We move people personally and professionally. In fact, – Read more

Two Men and a Truck® Photos