TWO MEN AND A TRUCK®

TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great place to be around
Mover (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMarch 12, 2014
Pros: great environment
Cons: hard work
It's hard work but the pay is well, Andy is a great boss and great management all around. Honestly my favourite part was coming into the office and seeing the people that were my Boss.
hours are great in peak moving season.
Driver (Former Employee), Burlington, ONAugust 21, 2013
Pros: the posibility of tips every day
Cons: long hours and sometimes 7 days a week (rare)
co workers are great.
Need to understand that there is a good posibility that you could be working into the night.
hardest part of the job is the heat and humidity.
Management are good people and will try and accomodate you.
six days a week.
overall moving isnt an easy job and not for the weak at heart, it pays well considering the it can be long hours. – more... The hours are there during the moving season, just understand that its seasonal. – less
the most enjoyable part of the job
mover (Current Employee), pooler, GASeptember 10, 2014
Meeting new people everyday and traveling from state to state.
management is terrible. nothing ever planned. they want you to be punctual however management rigs everything with duck tape.
Mover/Driver (Former Employee), Dallas, GASeptember 4, 2014
Pros: tips fun with the co workers.
Cons: management needs to be replaced.
They don't take care of their employees. Management not well put together and many complaints to the better business beaureu have been placed. Favoritism is how hours are dispersed and the management is nothing like the real tmt in Atlanta.
horrible company to work for.
Mover (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOSeptember 2, 2014
Cons: no healthcare
I worked 15 hour days and did not get paid for all my hours and days. I tried to fix the pay issue with the manager but no luck.
Fantastic Work Atmosphere
Human Resources / Recruiting Intern (Former Employee), Lansing, MISeptember 2, 2014
An enjoyable company to work for with great people. The story of the company is a true example of the American dream. Starting out small and continuing to grow every day.
Good Job, Good Management
Driver (Current Employee), Norwalk, CTAugust 31, 2014
Hard work, a lot of stretching is need, I learned that if the furniture got in one piece regardless of size, it can get out in one piece. Management is good, it's just not enough equipment, my- coworkers are good guys, some need a little more customer service training. The hardest part of the job is when the customer didn't mention everything they wanted – more... moved to the estimator, and the most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that the customer is satisfied! – less
Fast Paced workplace
Mover/Packer (Current Employee), Dayton, OHAugust 29, 2014
Pros: great team
Cons: not enough hours
Fast paced work day. Co-worker were all team players and management was very encouraging
Diverse and challenging
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKAugust 28, 2014
Pros: excellent employees
Cons: micro-managed
The day to day operation is extremely fast paced and exciting, must have quick decision making aptitude and creative problem solving abilities. It is an enjoyable job at the state level, corporate management micro-manages from out of state which can be frustrating at times.
DRUG USERS, EXTREMLY BAD MANAGEMENT, HORRIBLE COMPENSATION
mover (Current Employee), Toledo OhioAugust 21, 2014
Pros: overweight office girls sleep around with employees{if you like that sort of thing}
Cons: pay sucks, barley any hours, owner is a drunk, customers usually upset and irate due to bad scheduling.
Extremely poor ran franchise. Owner has a serious drinking problem and plays favorites with those willing to drink with him. Most Employees are drug users and commonly use drugs on the job with Managements approval. {manager smokes too}. There have been several incidents in which a driver was high and involved in a moving collision, but quickly was – more... covered up by owner with cash arrangements to the victims. Paper work, such as D.O.T stickers, safety sheets, and Employee data are commonly altered illegally. Employees are also made to pay for damages even though the company has insurance accidents. All broken and damaged items are taken out of employees paychecks. Aso, despite several corporate visits, the routine at this place has not changed a bit. – less
Fast paced intense rewarding job.
Former Employee (Former Employee), Nashville, TNAugust 19, 2014
Pros: family oriented, fun, fast pace
Cons: it is a sweaty job, long hours, some moves can be very stressful
This is a very fast paced company. With 30 movers on a regular basis working all over Nashville. It is stressful but rewarding. The job consists of long hours, dealing with fun customers, and overcoming challenging obstacles. I would definitely recommend this company for employment.
hard work no benefits
Mover/Packer (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 3, 2014
.Completed a daily pre-trip inspection checklist before first delivery of the day Verified loads against shipping papers. .Presented customers with bills and receipts and collected payments for goods delivered. Loaded and unloaded trailers each day. Obtained signatures needed to complete and process all paperwork in a timely manner.
HORRIBLE
MOVER (Former Employee), ArlingtonAugust 1, 2014
Cons: everything
Horrible place to work for, favoritism non stop. Don't ever work for this company.
garbage hours and alot of favoritism
mover (Current Employee), white oak ohioJuly 17, 2014
Pros: tips
Cons: no breaks and poor management
I work here now and it is awful how much tgis job has favoritism in it. Friends always pick friends to work with and you get stuck as a new guy with people with bad attitudes. Been tipped every day by customers but I have been mistreated and felt invisible here. Gonna stay until winter and then I am gonna look for a better paying job with good people – more... and a good environment – less
trash
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHJuly 7, 2014
don't work for this place it is horrible. you can not move up into more than what you go in as and you are treated like a slave.
Great Career Job lots of oppurtunities
Mover/Packer (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJuly 2, 2014
Pros: tips!
Cons: competitive co-workers
Great Summer Job, Great workout plus your getting paid for it.
Sorry try again!!!
Mover/Packer (Former Employee), Valparaiso, INJuly 1, 2014
This company is a joke and sucks to work for. (Pardon my bluntness)
Unethical workplace and extreme micromanagement
Office Manager (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJune 20, 2014
Pros: office is closed on sundays
Cons: micromanagement, distrust, lack of benefits, and other devious behavior
In short, this place is an awful employer and I would not recommend working or supporting this company whatsoever.

My stint at Two Men and a Truck would begin with me applying for and interviewing to be hired on as a Customer Service Representative. The interview went extremely well, and during the interview I was informally offered a position in management – more... as a Quality Control Manager. I was very pleased with this opportunity, but that excitement ended when the NEXT DAY, I was called and told by the operations manager that the offer for a management position had been rescinded and the original offer was on the table. This decision came off as highly unprofessional, yet I still accepted the position at the reduced hourly wage, as I needed a job at the time. The reasoning behind that decision did not come until weeks later when I was told “Sorry, we are unable to train two managers at once.”

One of the most frustrating parts of the job had to be working under the current operations manager. He was the type that assumed he “knew it all” but performed nothing. If you looked up the definition of micromanagement, a picture of this particular person's smug face would show up. He actually encouraged other managers to micromanage. He pawned ALL his responsibilities and tasks off to other associates and management, while he sat in his office, playing Candy Crush and putting callers on hold. In fact, this particular person would prefer to have a potential customer wait on hold for 10 minutes in order for another associate to free up, rather than handling the call himself. This isn’t the best business practice but he insisted on it. Even the Two Men and a Truck internal website stated that all calls should be handled quickly and efficiently to provide the best customer experience. He desired paper pushers and wanted office associates to turn numerous forms and reports into him. These forms were not read, but rather just filed away, and it was his way of keeping tabs on everything without doing anything. One of his quotes was “I want this office to have a more corporate feel.” At the time, there were 7 people that worked in the office.

Two months into the job, after experiencing success as a CSR, I am approached and offered the Office Manager position. I gladly accept the new position and am grateful for the opportunity. The salary is average for a recent college graduate, but there are zero benefits or paid time off.

At some point roughly a month into my new role, I made a mistake and there was a mix-up on the schedule. It was stated that I was supposed to be at work an hour before we opened at 7 am, but I had believed that I was supposed to be there at 8 am. I showed up at 7:45 am, thinking I was 15 minutes early, and was immediately met with a closed door meeting and handed a 3 day unpaid suspension. Keep in mind that I was the top revenue producer in the office and the fact that there were 2 other managers (3 including the operations manager) in that morning at 7 am. They were by no means shorthanded or handicapped by my accidental tardiness, and the office was not scheduled to open until 8 am.

After the suspension, I continued to show up and perform the job to the best of my abilities. I documented the numerous people that they pushed away and fired because of the distrust with management, specifically the operations manager. I heard and witnessed the unnecessary banter, bashing, and useless commentary (that many would consider to be very offensive) about employees that were fired or walked away. I worked well with everyone and participated in upper managements goals and way of doing things, even if I didn’t agree with them. It wasn’t my business to run, and I wasn’t going to write a negative review of this company until this most recent event.

I searched for and accepted a new job after working with TMT for over 5 months. As a business professional, I typed a formal letter of resignation stating my decision to leave, and gave them notice that my last day would be in 2.5 weeks. The first week after giving that notice went without a hitch. However, this company’s unprofessionalism reared its ugly head again during that second week. I had a scheduled day off during that week as I had every month that I had worked there as a manager. When I came back the next day, my computer, keyboard, mouse, and desk chair had been taken from my office. It had been replaced with a jumbled mess of another monitor and desktop tower that was not hooked up at all. Needless to say, I was unable to do my job for 2.5 hours that morning while I waited on the operations manager to locate the proper cord to set up my replacement computer. During that time, I am made aware that the operations manager had told the other associates to raid my desk because “I was on my way out.” At that time, I still had over a week until my last day.

Again, despite this, I kept my mouth shut and continued to do the job that I was being paid to do. I knew they were trying to force me out early because they didn’t want to pay my salary for the remainder of my tenure. Three days after the computer incident, I am called into another closed-door meeting to be told that my services are no longer needed. I had four days remaining of scheduled work before my announced “last day.”

The behavior of this particular branch is why good people will not stay on at this company, and their goals are unattainable without the right people. Utilizing a temp service is not an effective way to grow a business, but again that’s not my call to make.

If you are looking for a job where you can gain good experience, achieve recognition, and have upward mobility this place is not for you. This essay doesn't even do justice for how bad this place is. Again, DO NOT WORK HERE.

If you want to see a mover’s perspective of this particular branch, there’s an extremely accurate review from March 2014 posted on indeed.com as well. – less
Productive, very enjoyable people
Driver (Former Employee), Sheffield, OHJune 18, 2014
Pros: different place and people every day
Cons: low pay
Check truck, review list of equipment,fill out log. Then proceed to first location,speak with client and start moving items out to truck.Secure items and drive truck to destition and unload.
Productive and busy workplace with great bonuses.
Office Manager (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJune 16, 2014
Pros: a lot of over time is available
Cons: there isn't much advancement in the company
A typical day at Two Men and a Truck was a busy one from start to finish. I learned a lot working with them,they helped mold my management skills to make myself better. The management and co-workers work closely together here, it is a small business so you even get to know the owner quite well. the hardest part of my job was when they decided to dissolve – more... the office management position. The most enjoyable party of my job was when I was able to make a customers day brighter and better. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About TWO MEN AND A TRUCK®

At TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® our core purpose is to move people forward. We move people personally and professionally. In fact, – Read more

TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® Photos