TutorBright Employee Reviews

Sci tutor
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 August 2017
They pay 20 bucks for tutor but charged students 50/hr..... they don't care about the tutors.....they only want a cheap labour to help them make money......
Productive and fun
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON21 July 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job was teaching a set curriculum to the kids and learning from them as well.
I also polished by Math and English skills while helping kids with other things like comprehension.
Great environment
English, French, Math, and Science Tutor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 May 2017
Great and understanding staff. Will help in any situation almost instantly. Very reliable and friendly company. Delivers what has been promised. It is a true pleasure to work there.
Fun and Flexible
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON5 April 2017
Tutoring is super rewarding and has helped shape my career. TutorBright is super supportive and offers help whenever you need it. You can create your own schedule and take on as many students as you can handle. Overall, awesome job!
Great Management!
TUTOR (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 February 2017
Working with Tutorbright has been great. Management is always willing to help and give advice plus are always easy to contact. The program they set up is easy to follow for both participants and tutors. You get to choose which students you would like to take on and aren't forced to take on ones you don't want to.
Pros
Flexibile Hours
Good hours, good job
Tutor-Mentor (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON4 February 2017
Liked that I could make my own hours and availability. No opportunity for full time work. Nice working with children and their families and being able to tailor sessions to child's needs.
Similar to a cult
Assessor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 December 2016
They have their workers engage in a weird seminar held by a guru for "Think and Grow Rich". It's quite similar to other scams like Scientology. I felt really uncomfortable during these sessions.
Pros
Possible to make a little money
Cons
Strange work environment
Excellent independent experience
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 December 2016
It's a good job - lots of independence, but no real room for advancement. You get to have some experience building a lesson plan, but they don't do a great job of providing you with resources.
A great team with great students.
Maths Tutor (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, ON16 November 2016
TutorBright was a great place for me to work. The environment was very professional and helped me grow as a teacher. I am looking forward to any future opportunities I have to work with them.
Good company decent pay as a part time job
Math Tutor (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON16 August 2016
The company is good. $20 is very good as a student part time job. Only thing not very good is the amount of hours. But overall it is a good job.

Want to know more about TutorBright?

Ask a question
Good for busy people!
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON7 July 2016
TutorBright hours are really flexible and the number of students you have can vary. Sometimes its great because you can get a lot of students when you're free and need the income, but other times you may not have many students OR you may have too many contacting you when you're busy.
The staff and management are exceptional and understanding, though, so, generally speaking, almost everything can be accommodated!
Pros
flexible hours, friendly working environment, one-on-one classes, easy-to-use hub
Cons
no tax deductions on your pay, a lack of or too many students at one time
Excellent opportunity to work as a tutor
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON15 June 2016
I found that working at Tutorbright, provided me an excellent opportunity to work with students; helping them learn as well as help improve my teaching skills
Organized way of operations
Director of Education (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON23 April 2016
Managing tutors, students, and parent expectations may sometimes be challenging, but rewarding. Connecting with tutors and parents to collaborate and plan ahead for student success is enjoyable.
Flexible hours, great families and creative control
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON, Aurora,ON, Bradford, ON30 January 2016
I love watching the light bulb moment, in a students lives when they finally understand something they have been struggling with. I also love working one-on-one with students. The management is great and lets me engage in creative control with students. I am able to bring my own resources and games, while working with students in areas that they struggle with.
enjoyable team work and very supportive management
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Durham region4 January 2016
My experience with TutorBright has been really amaizing. I started with them about 3 months ago and they have supported me and trusted me. And I am working 15 hours alrady a week which is almost a maximum you can do in tutoring.
Pros
variety of students
Cons
hours driving
Amazing work culture and mission to help students
Director of Education, Curriculum and Assessment (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 August 2015
TutorBright is a company that is all about support and growth. They support students and families, but also those that work at TutorBright. They are always willing to go the extra mile and to help people become the best versions of themselves.

A typical day at TutorBright is not the standard nine to five. It is always go go go, and you are able to contribute according to what your skills and comfort levels are. You can work different hours, evenings, weekends, summers, etc., but all for the cause to help students and families reach their academic and personal goals. The standard at TutorBright is to help everyone, by being the best you can and available.

Management and co-workers, along with the culture there is always supportive and fun. It is creative, interactive and always collaborative. Everyone has fun and wants to push themselves to be better so that they can push the company to greater heights.

The hardest part of the job can be the hours. Because it is a supplemental education company, that means after school and evening hours meeting with families and students.

The most enjoyable part of the job is that you get to make a real difference in students' lives. You can help them achieve their goals and build up their confidence. You make a real impact in changing education and changing the world. That makes the hours and work worth it every single day.
Pros
Growth, fun work culture, constant support
Cons
Variable hours (not a 9-5)
Convenient work
Tutor  (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 May 2013
Provides you with students and materials to help your students succeed