Tutor Doctor Employee Reviews

wonderful company
Educational Consultant (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON11 July 2017
Great company! They are all such nice and caring people. The company is always growing so lots of potential for getting better jobs. The Company just needs to provide more benefits.
Flexible and friendly management that care about advancement
Education Consultant and Tutor (Current Employee) –  Uxbridge, Ontario11 July 2017
I started off as an Education Consultant with this company and moved into many roles. I couldn't stand the 9-5 lifestyle so the flexibility and the fact I could make my own schedule was very appealing to me. The position as an EC made me comfortable with problem solving and creating programs to fit the student specifically. I've advanced within the company as a Marketing Manager and Tutor Recruiter and there are constantly new opportunities within education (such as Jr. Engineering programs and other educational workshops where you get to work within the schools). Best job I've ever had!
Pros
flexible, great environment, independence
Cons
healthcare/benefits
Great compensation and user-friendly website
Contract Tutor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta (Canada)10 July 2017
As this work was as a contractor, I found there was a lot of flexibility to tutor according to my own schedule. Tutor Doctor did a great job in matching me up with a couple of students who I worked very well with. There is never any pressure to take on more students than you are able to handle. Their website for filing reports and tracking hours is very user friendly and they always pay on time via direct deposit to your bank account. I would highly recommend Tutor Doctor as a good company to tutor for.
Pros
Flexibility; great compensation
Cons
No benefits
Very Good Experience with Tutor Doctor
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 July 2017
It is a very good experience working with Tutor Doctor. There are flexibility for the employees to work with Tutor Doctor. Employees can work part time or full time as per their availability.
Casual work
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 May 2017
Mostly suitable for students or those looking for a flexible part-time work. You can choose which student to tutor, which is very helpful. However, you will need to travel to students' homes.
Flexible and pays for saving up pocket change
Private Tutor (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON10 May 2017
I could pick the time when I wanted to tutor; the work hours accommodated to my schedule. The pay was decent. I also had fun meeting different students.
Tutor Doctor has many customers and It is very good.
Tutor Doctor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 April 2017
If you wanna do well as a tutor of tutor doctor you must have a car. And the other is just be good at tutoring, make concepts simple. The coordinators are very good and they have a very good website.
Pros
Additional training is provided for free
Cons
No car, being a tutor is unproductive
adaptable work place
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 April 2017
Tutor doctor allows me to work when I am available. it gives me the chance to work with students and face problems that I can overcome with the students. it has helped me learn how to step outside my comfort zone and deal with new experiences.
Pros
adapts to me
Cons
not enough hours
Tutoring is fulfilling
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 March 2017
Tutoring is a fulfilling and rewarding job due to the fact that you get to see, first hand, the improvement in the student as well as grow as a tutor.
They charge way too much to parents
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 March 2017
This company is a complete scam. They say that they're providing students with special method but when I was a tutor with them they provided zero hours of training. All they did was refer you to some materials they had within a company app that you could find absolutely anywhere else. I felt bad for the parents for believing them.
Pros
Get to teach, always rewarding.
Cons
Feel like parents are paying way too much
Flexible hours and rewarding, but feast or famine.
Mathematics and Chemistry Tutor (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC1 April 2016
Being a part of a student's learning and witnessing their progress is very rewarding. You can generally choose how many students you want to take on at a time based on your availability and willingness or ability to travel to the students' homes. The job is very much based on student demand, however, so you may go without students (and hence work) for some time, especially over the summer.
Pros
Rewarding, flexible hours
Cons
Driven by demand
Environnement attractif
Tuteur à Domicile (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON1 March 2016
C'est une bonne entreprise,
l'environnement du travail est bon
Pros
Cartes Cadeaux Gratuits
Cons
Moins d'heures par semaine
Friendly and Encouraging Environment
French tutor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 January 2016
Greeting everybody in the morning is like a culture. Be it the janitor of the director, I would go and talk to all of them. I believe that this is a trait that defines a person. You have to be able to interact with everyone within an organization.

I have learnt a lot of organizational skills. Being a student, I was a very disciplined person, but when we enter the job market, that same disciplined has to be applied differently.

The hardest part of my job was to persuade a biased person. People do not easily accept change, especially sometimes when you are dealing with someone older than you. In that situation, confidence plays a major role.

The most enjoyable part would be being rewarded and appreciated for the hard work that has been put in an assignment.
A very rewarding job
Science/Math tutor (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON29 November 2015
Working as a tutor provided a great hourly wage and also a very satisfying means of employment. This was easily one of the best jobs I've ever had.
Great work environment
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON26 November 2015
Great place to utilize my experiences with a supportive management team. Allows me to work in diverse enviornments teaching different subjects.
Fun and Flexible
Private Tutor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 October 2015
It is a very flexible environment where you get to set a time with a student based on your availability. It is a very organized committee where everyone give their best.
Excellent Company to Work With
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 September 2015
I really enjoyed my time with Tutor Doctor. The only reason I left was because I unfortunately relocated away from Toronto. I enjoyed being a tutor and a mentor for the children I worked with. I gained a lot of valuable skills, as well as a lot of independence throughout my time working with Tutor Doctor.
Excellent non-traditional educational experience
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 August 2015
Flexible work hours and locations
Supportive management staff
Open lines of communication
Excellent resource database provided to tutors
Tutor Doctor is a great company
Tutor (Current Employee) –  London, ON1 May 2015
An easy system matches students to tutors and with competitive pay and easy communication.

Meet at a public location or at the students house and review concepts from class, homework, and teach core concepts and practice problem solving. Mainly maths and sciences.
Great atmosphere and wonderful communications.
Tutor (Current Employee) –  London, ON13 April 2015
Tutor Doctor sets you up with possible student matches that they take the time to create and review. You accept according to location, schedule, and specialty. Their site is great for keeping track of students and progress and session reports. Great for gaining tutor experience!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tutor Doctor. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3