Tutor Doctor

Tutor Doctor Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great way to make some pocket money
Grade 12 Tutor (Current Employee), Brampton, ONDecember 29, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: travel, session reports, having to deal with parents
If you are good with kids this is a nice place to work
Need to write session reports after every session, which is a hassle
Sometimes parents get upset at you which you need to handle
Must go to the students home for each session
Good working and learning experience
K-12 Tutor (Current Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 29, 2014
Pros: betters planning and communication skills, an excellent self-learning experience, decent pay
Cons: a lot of responsibility, long commute at times
The staff at Tutor Doctor are amazing and extremely supportive. However, due to the fact that every child is different and learns differently, some house-calls can be quite challenging.
Accomodating to both family and tutor.
Tutor students (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCDecember 7, 2014
It was a fun experience and workplace. They make sure that the tutor is not going in blindly to a person's home. The house is deemed safe by the manager and students are matched to tutors, based on qualifications and personalities.
some students require and hour, others are two, having materials ready for the students is something tutors have the option of providing the family.
Flexible and enjoyable
Tutor (Current Employee), Vaughan, ONSeptember 19, 2014
You are a free-agent with Tutor Doctor, so I travel from home to home to work with children. The pay is not great for certified teachers, but great for undergrads. You can choose the assignments you want to take on and then deal directly with the family for times and days to suit both needs.
Convenient and rewarding position
Tutor (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 23, 2014
Pros: you are your own boss
Cons: travel expenses
It is very convenient that the tutor is able to choose their own times in accordance to the student and for the most part there is about a week between sessions to prepare the lessons and such. What I like the most is being able to help a student improve their skills that will no doubt help them in the future. We are able to have a good amount of time to prepare lessons in between sessions so that makes for a better and more condensed lesson to help in the students' learning. Sometimes the hard part tends to be when the student finds no fun/enjoyment in the subject matter so it tends to make the teaching part harder when the student doesn't want to learn it.
Rewarding experience
Math Tutor (Current Employee), Kitchener, ONOctober 28, 2013
Loved helping students achieve their personal goals and appreciate math.

Drove to clients' homes assisting students with test preparation and homework completion.
Productive and Fun!
Tutor (Current Employee), Toronto, ONMay 20, 2013
Pros: great pay
Cons: travel
In home tutoring - very personal, great customers/clients. I've learned how to work with many different students of many ages. Most enjoyable part of this job is the satisfaction of a student doing better in school. Hardest part of the job is having patients for younger clients.
Tutor doctor
Tutor (Former Employee), TorontoAugust 28, 2012
I enjoy working for Tutor doctor although it takes time to find students. The job itself is enjoyable. Teaching students and helping them reach their full potential is rewarding
Part time while attending UAB
MATHEMATICS TUTOR (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALNovember 20, 2014
Helping young students gain a better understanding of their studies. The scheduling was fairly difficult due to my classes. Otherwise, a great experience.
Great Company
Group & Private Tutor (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CANovember 17, 2014
Tutored more than 30 high school and college students.

I was able to learn how to be patient. My clients were always happy with my service as I was able to acquire more clients.

Great management. Very thorough and understanding. Everything worked out really smoothly.
Great work environment for those who love teaching one-on-one.
Business Developer Assistant and Marketing (Current Employee), Washington, DCApril 6, 2014
Pros: you are your own boss
Cons: driving time and fuel are not covered, no health or pension benefits at all.
It is a job for teachers who love and know how to teach critical subject matter. Flexible approach to help student build skills in learning. Requires time management, genuine disciplined and individual system matching students' needs that makes possible for a student to capitalize on his/her strengths. Also allows building a system to help convert student's weaknesses into confidence leading to achievement of goals at the end of study course. Teaching and learning vs testing is emphasized.
Productive in assisting struggling students
Earth Science Tutor (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYOctober 11, 2013
It is very rewarding helping students that are struggling and to see them better their education.
k-8 English and History tutor
Tutor (Former Employee), Budd Lake, NJAugust 28, 2013
Pros: working with children
Cons: per diem
I created individual lesson plans that aided students based on education needs. I helped them to learn information that they were not able to grasp in a classroom setting, and helped them to learn valuable time management skills, reading comprehension skills, and more
Productive and fun
Tutor/Mentor (Current Employee), Cullman, ALJune 30, 2013
I have fun teaching students what I have learn. It is different than engineering but I use the same skills. I have leaned that I am capable of learning myself and relaying it along to students.
Making a Difference
Education Consultant (Current Employee), SolihullMay 20, 2013
Pros: helping people make a difference
Cons: it can be difficult meeting people expectations
Working in a challenging sector where we try to help people achieve their full educational potential.
I was very satisfied working for tutor Docter
Tutor/Mentor (Former Employee), Plainview, NYFebruary 18, 2013
Pros: good pay, good student
Cons: only one student available
Tutor doctor was a fine companyfor which to work. my only problem with them was that they only had one student to tutor and when that assignment was completed I needed to fine another position with another tutoring establishment which is why I am inquiring with the Sylvan Learning Center.
Great fun teaching Psychology
Psychology Tutor (Current Employee), BirminghamJanuary 30, 2013
Pros: enhances my subject knowledge.
Cons: work unsociable hours.
In a typical day, I teach AS level & A2 level Psychology to students in the comfort of their own homes. I follow the AQA syllabus and teach every unit effectively and with passion. I use innovative strategies and resources for each lesson, so that students get a feel of different learning strategies.

I learnt that students learn better if I keep my lessons interactive throughout. I manage my resources effectively, such as teaching using the internet, text books and past exam papers. I have one co-worker who I work with, and who I update about all my students after each lesson using an electronic device (i.e. laptop) through Tutor Doctor email. He is very supportive and approachable.

The hardest part of my job is fitting in time to teach privately around my daily supply teaching job. I very much enjoy teaching Psychology, and gives me great satisfaction in passing on my subject knowledge to students.
Enjoyed the work just not the pay
Private Math & Science Tutor and Tutordoctor Tutor (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAJanuary 30, 2013
Pros: $20/hr
Cons: i personally worked 4 hours a week, do the math.
This was basically a tutoring job and had I got more hours I would have definitely continued working for them.
Caring, informed management
Tutor (Current Employee), Guilford, CTSeptember 10, 2012
Pros: working with young people; flexibility of schedule
Cons: needs change often
Owners are accessible, professional, and company is well managed.
One-on-ome tutor
Private Tutor (Current Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 7, 2012
Pros: working with kids
Cons: not steady enough
I love working with kids and helping them achieve their dreams!