Tutor Doctor Employee Reviews

Friendly and Encouraging Environment
French tutor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 12, 2016
Greeting everybody in the morning is like a culture. Be it the janitor of the director, I would go and talk to all of them. I believe that this is a trait that defines a person. You have to be able to interact with everyone within an organization.

I have learnt a lot of organizational skills. Being a student, I was a very disciplined person, but when we enter the job market, that same disciplined has to be applied differently.

The hardest part of my job was to persuade a biased person. People do not easily accept change, especially sometimes when you are dealing with someone older than you. In that situation, confidence plays a major role.

The most enjoyable part would be being rewarded and appreciated for the hard work that has been put in an assignment.
A very rewarding job
Science/Math tutor (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ONNovember 29, 2015
Working as a tutor provided a great hourly wage and also a very satisfying means of employment. This was easily one of the best jobs I've ever had.
Great work environment
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ONNovember 26, 2015
Great place to utilize my experiences with a supportive management team. Allows me to work in diverse enviornments teaching different subjects.
Fun and Flexible
Private Tutor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 8, 2015
It is a very flexible environment where you get to set a time with a student based on your availability. It is a very organized committee where everyone give their best.
Excellent Company to Work With
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONSeptember 21, 2015
I really enjoyed my time with Tutor Doctor. The only reason I left was because I unfortunately relocated away from Toronto. I enjoyed being a tutor and a mentor for the children I worked with. I gained a lot of valuable skills, as well as a lot of independence throughout my time working with Tutor Doctor.
Excellent non-traditional educational experience
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONAugust 17, 2015
Flexible work hours and locations
Supportive management staff
Open lines of communication
Excellent resource database provided to tutors
Tutor Doctor is a great company
Tutor (Current Employee) –  London, ONMay 1, 2015
An easy system matches students to tutors and with competitive pay and easy communication.

Meet at a public location or at the students house and review concepts from class, homework, and teach core concepts and practice problem solving. Mainly maths and sciences.
Great atmosphere and wonderful communications.
Tutor (Current Employee) –  London, ONApril 13, 2015
Tutor Doctor sets you up with possible student matches that they take the time to create and review. You accept according to location, schedule, and specialty. Their site is great for keeping track of students and progress and session reports. Great for gaining tutor experience!
Good experience, my own school work got in the way
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BCMarch 23, 2015
A typical day consisted of meeting with a client at a pre-determined area and having a one on one tutoring session. Management was all very friendly and understanding of whatever issues I had. The hardest part of the job ended up being the fact that it was way too hard to schedule around my own school for personal 1 on 1 visits which is what led me to move on.
Pros
good pay, flexible hours
Cons
sometimes hard to find a client
Rewarding Work
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONMarch 2, 2015
Arrive at student's house and go over homework given that day. Provide assignments as well as support and feedback on any work provided. Hardest part of the job is to keep students entertained and focused. The most enjoyable part is having students grasp and understand the concepts and ideas I am teaching.
Great pay, satisfying work, unstable environment
Biology and chemistry tutor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABMarch 1, 2015
Tutoring is an excellent source of income as a student, overall. However commutes are often long to the homes of students, and the student often sets the pace of learning and occasionally are simply not willing despite the insistence of the parent(s). This can make this job frustrating, but there is nothing more satisfying than helping a young student succeed.

This job can be unstable as you are a contract tutor and if there are no available contracts in your area or time blocks, you won't be paid.
Great management and great way to gain experience
English & ESL Tutor (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ONJanuary 7, 2015
I typically go to a student's home or a designated meeting place where I come prepared with my lesson for the specific time frame of the tutoring session. I learned that you can build trust and friendship with the students you tutor and really help them achieve their personal or academic goals. Management at Tutor Doctor is absolutely amazing; they are kind and understanding employers who care about their employees. My co-workers are compassionate people, just as I am, and love helping their students learn and reach their individual, unique goals. The hardest part of the job is unexpected cancellations and parents backing out of the tutoring. The most enjoyable part of the job is watching students grow, learn, and get closer to reaching their goals.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
pay once a month by cheque
Great way to make some pocket money
Grade 12 Tutor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ONDecember 29, 2014
If you are good with kids this is a nice place to work
Need to write session reports after every session, which is a hassle
Sometimes parents get upset at you which you need to handle
Must go to the students home for each session
Pros
good pay
Cons
travel, session reports, having to deal with parents
Good working and learning experience
K-12 Tutor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABDecember 29, 2014
The staff at Tutor Doctor are amazing and extremely supportive. However, due to the fact that every child is different and learns differently, some house-calls can be quite challenging.
Pros
betters planning and communication skills, an excellent self-learning experience, decent pay
Cons
a lot of responsibility, long commute at times
Accomodating to both family and tutor.
Tutor students (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCDecember 7, 2014
It was a fun experience and workplace. They make sure that the tutor is not going in blindly to a person's home. The house is deemed safe by the manager and students are matched to tutors, based on qualifications and personalities.
some students require and hour, others are two, having materials ready for the students is something tutors have the option of providing the family.
Flexible and enjoyable
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ONSeptember 19, 2014
You are a free-agent with Tutor Doctor, so I travel from home to home to work with children. The pay is not great for certified teachers, but great for undergrads. You can choose the assignments you want to take on and then deal directly with the family for times and days to suit both needs.
Convenient and rewarding position
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 23, 2014
It is very convenient that the tutor is able to choose their own times in accordance to the student and for the most part there is about a week between sessions to prepare the lessons and such. What I like the most is being able to help a student improve their skills that will no doubt help them in the future. We are able to have a good amount of time to prepare lessons in between sessions so that makes for a better and more condensed lesson to help in the students' learning. Sometimes the hard part tends to be when the student finds no fun/enjoyment in the subject matter so it tends to make the teaching part harder when the student doesn't want to learn it.
Pros
you are your own boss
Cons
travel expenses
Rewarding experience
Math Tutor (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ONOctober 28, 2013
Loved helping students achieve their personal goals and appreciate math.

Drove to clients' homes assisting students with test preparation and homework completion.
Productive and Fun!
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 20, 2013
In home tutoring - very personal, great customers/clients. I've learned how to work with many different students of many ages. Most enjoyable part of this job is the satisfaction of a student doing better in school. Hardest part of the job is having patients for younger clients.
Pros
great pay
Cons
travel
Tutor doctor
Tutor (Former Employee) –  TorontoAugust 28, 2012
I enjoy working for Tutor doctor although it takes time to find students. The job itself is enjoyable. Teaching students and helping them reach their full potential is rewarding

4.3