Tutor Doctor Employee Reviews

Tutor Doctor has many customers and It is very good.
Tutor Doctor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 April 2017
If you wanna do well as a tutor of tutor doctor you must have a car. And the other is just be good at tutoring, make concepts simple. The coordinators are very good and they have a very good website.
Pros
Additional training is provided for free
Cons
No car, being a tutor is unproductive
adaptable work place
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 April 2017
Tutor doctor allows me to work when I am available. it gives me the chance to work with students and face problems that I can overcome with the students. it has helped me learn how to step outside my comfort zone and deal with new experiences.
Pros
adapts to me
Cons
not enough hours
Tutoring is fulfilling
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 March 2017
Tutoring is a fulfilling and rewarding job due to the fact that you get to see, first hand, the improvement in the student as well as grow as a tutor.
They charge way too much to parents
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 March 2017
This company is a complete scam. They say that they're providing students with special method but when I was a tutor with them they provided zero hours of training. All they did was refer you to some materials they had within a company app that you could find absolutely anywhere else. I felt bad for the parents for believing them.
Pros
Get to teach, always rewarding.
Cons
Feel like parents are paying way too much
Flexible hours and rewarding, but feast or famine.
Mathematics and Chemistry Tutor (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC1 April 2016
Being a part of a student's learning and witnessing their progress is very rewarding. You can generally choose how many students you want to take on at a time based on your availability and willingness or ability to travel to the students' homes. The job is very much based on student demand, however, so you may go without students (and hence work) for some time, especially over the summer.
Pros
Rewarding, flexible hours
Cons
Driven by demand
Environnement attractif
Tuteur à Domicile (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON1 March 2016
C'est une bonne entreprise,
l'environnement du travail est bon
Pros
Cartes Cadeaux Gratuits
Cons
Moins d'heures par semaine
Friendly and Encouraging Environment
French tutor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 January 2016
Greeting everybody in the morning is like a culture. Be it the janitor of the director, I would go and talk to all of them. I believe that this is a trait that defines a person. You have to be able to interact with everyone within an organization.

I have learnt a lot of organizational skills. Being a student, I was a very disciplined person, but when we enter the job market, that same disciplined has to be applied differently.

The hardest part of my job was to persuade a biased person. People do not easily accept change, especially sometimes when you are dealing with someone older than you. In that situation, confidence plays a major role.

The most enjoyable part would be being rewarded and appreciated for the hard work that has been put in an assignment.
A very rewarding job
Science/Math tutor (Former Employee) –  Whitby, ON29 November 2015
Working as a tutor provided a great hourly wage and also a very satisfying means of employment. This was easily one of the best jobs I've ever had.
Great work environment
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON26 November 2015
Great place to utilize my experiences with a supportive management team. Allows me to work in diverse enviornments teaching different subjects.
Fun and Flexible
Private Tutor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 October 2015
It is a very flexible environment where you get to set a time with a student based on your availability. It is a very organized committee where everyone give their best.
Excellent Company to Work With
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 September 2015
I really enjoyed my time with Tutor Doctor. The only reason I left was because I unfortunately relocated away from Toronto. I enjoyed being a tutor and a mentor for the children I worked with. I gained a lot of valuable skills, as well as a lot of independence throughout my time working with Tutor Doctor.
Excellent non-traditional educational experience
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 August 2015
Flexible work hours and locations
Supportive management staff
Open lines of communication
Excellent resource database provided to tutors
Tutor Doctor is a great company
Tutor (Current Employee) –  London, ON1 May 2015
An easy system matches students to tutors and with competitive pay and easy communication.

Meet at a public location or at the students house and review concepts from class, homework, and teach core concepts and practice problem solving. Mainly maths and sciences.
Great atmosphere and wonderful communications.
Tutor (Current Employee) –  London, ON13 April 2015
Tutor Doctor sets you up with possible student matches that they take the time to create and review. You accept according to location, schedule, and specialty. Their site is great for keeping track of students and progress and session reports. Great for gaining tutor experience!
Good experience, my own school work got in the way
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC23 March 2015
A typical day consisted of meeting with a client at a pre-determined area and having a one on one tutoring session. Management was all very friendly and understanding of whatever issues I had. The hardest part of the job ended up being the fact that it was way too hard to schedule around my own school for personal 1 on 1 visits which is what led me to move on.
Pros
Good pay, flexible hours
Cons
sometimes hard to find a client
Rewarding Work
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 March 2015
Arrive at student's house and go over homework given that day. Provide assignments as well as support and feedback on any work provided. Hardest part of the job is to keep students entertained and focused. The most enjoyable part is having students grasp and understand the concepts and ideas I am teaching.
Great pay, satisfying work, unstable environment
Biology and chemistry tutor (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 March 2015
Tutoring is an excellent source of income as a student, overall. However commutes are often long to the homes of students, and the student often sets the pace of learning and occasionally are simply not willing despite the insistence of the parent(s). This can make this job frustrating, but there is nothing more satisfying than helping a young student succeed.

This job can be unstable as you are a contract tutor and if there are no available contracts in your area or time blocks, you won't be paid.
Great management and great way to gain experience
English & ESL Tutor (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON7 January 2015
I typically go to a student's home or a designated meeting place where I come prepared with my lesson for the specific time frame of the tutoring session. I learned that you can build trust and friendship with the students you tutor and really help them achieve their personal or academic goals. Management at Tutor Doctor is absolutely amazing; they are kind and understanding employers who care about their employees. My co-workers are compassionate people, just as I am, and love helping their students learn and reach their individual, unique goals. The hardest part of the job is unexpected cancellations and parents backing out of the tutoring. The most enjoyable part of the job is watching students grow, learn, and get closer to reaching their goals.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Pay once a month by cheque
Great way to make some pocket money
Grade 12 Tutor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON29 December 2014
If you are good with kids this is a nice place to work
Need to write session reports after every session, which is a hassle
Sometimes parents get upset at you which you need to handle
Must go to the students home for each session
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Travel, Session Reports, Having to deal with parents
Good working and learning experience
K-12 Tutor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 December 2014
The staff at Tutor Doctor are amazing and extremely supportive. However, due to the fact that every child is different and learns differently, some house-calls can be quite challenging.
Pros
Betters planning and communication skills, an excellent self-learning experience, decent pay
Cons
A lot of responsibility, long commute at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tutor Doctor. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3