For over ten years, Tutor Doctor has provided affordable, specialized, one-on-one, in-home tutoring for learners of all ages in all subject areas.
We are currently seeking part-time tutors for the central Mississauga area. Tutors should be patient, dependable, people-oriented and passionate about learning. Tutors should have excellent communication skills.
We need OCT-qualified teachers in the Primary/Junior divisions, preferably with Special Education qualifications, or experience working with students with disabilities. We are also seeking qualified university students with a keen interest in working with children (Concurrent Education students, or those looking to apply for teacher's college). Our pay rate scale ranges from $16- $20 per hour of tutoring service depending on the tutor's qualifications.
- Provide support, coaching and encouragement to students during in-home tutoring sessions.
- Clarifying and reinforcing the concepts taught by the classroom teacher.
- Assess the student’s knowledge and skills on an on-going basis.
- Maintain contact with teachers to monitor progress.
- Access to a vehicle is preferred.
Please apply only if you are willing to do in-home tutoring in Mississauga.
If you are interested in joining the Tutor Doctor team, email your resume and cover letter.
Get ready to take learning to the next level!
Only applicants who are willing to tutor through the fall and continue for the whole school year will be considered. Qualified applicants will be contacted for screening.