- Location of work : Sussex Drive
- Duration: May 13, 2013 to November 22, 2013 ( 28 weeks )
- Rate: $20.00/ph + 4% vacation pay
- Incorp: $ 23.00
References (Yes) MIN 2 REFERENCE (CURRENT WITH PAST 3 YEARS) MUST BE SUBMITTED WITH EACH CANDIDATE
- Develops strategic plans and advises the Minister’s Office on speech strategy and speech opportunities that will help position the department in relation to both internal and external clients and that will further the communications of departmental initiatives.
- Researches and writes major speeches and statements for a variety of audiences ranging from parliamentary committees to public and private audiences.
- Manages and coordinates the preparation of speeches, formal statements and messages delivered by the Minister, or their representatives.
- Develops and maintains up-to-date information material on the department’s issues and government policies and programs to serve as a basis for the writing of speeches.
- Proactively researches high-profile events and venues for major speeches.
- Provides guidance and counsel to the Media Relations team on forthcoming speeches and prepares the appropriate documents and expertise to promote maximum coverage of major speeches.
- Contributes to communications strategies on announcements.
- Sets milestones to ensure speeches are delivered on time and approved. Advises on the selection and management of contract resources.
- Secret level security clearance
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Communications
- Extensive* experience in writing speeches, talking points, remarks and related material
- Extensive* experience in working closely with Ministers’ offices and senior management in government
- Extensive* experience providing strategic communications advice to senior management
- Experience in writing a variety of communications products such as news releases, articles, publications or reports.
- Experience working with multiple government departments and with central agencies
- Knowledge of key International Trade issues
*Extensive is defined as a minimum
Indeed - 15 months ago