- Start: ASAP to March 31st, 2014
- Rate: 16.00 +4%vacation pay
- Location: Laurier Ave. West
- Perform administrative tasks, policy analysis, and program development activities in the area of correctional Programming for the Aboriginal offender population.
- Examine and provide analysis by researching Aboriginal history, criminal law, correctional policies and procedures that influence the efficacy of correctional programs and interventions.
- Provide feedback on current legislation and analysis of policy that effect Aboriginal offenders.
- Assist national manager in matters relating to strategic planning, implementation, and corporate reporting of Aboriginal correctional programs.
MANDATORY CRITERIA (resource must have the following)
- Must have experience with historical and contemporary Aboriginal issues.
- Must have experience with traditional Aboriginal cultural and spiritual protocols.
- Must have experience working with Aboriginal Elders and traditional healers.
- Must have experience with traditional Aboriginal healing practices.
- Must have experience with correctional program policies/standards/guidelines.
- Must have experience with Correctional Service Canada acts/laws/legislation.
- Must have experience with the security/operational requirements of a prison.
- Must have experience conducting operational analyses involving Aboriginal offenders.
- Experience with research and contemporary literature concerning Aboriginal Peoples.
- Experience with laws and legislations relating to Aboriginal Peoples and the criminal justice system.
- Experience with event coordination within government.
- Secondary Education – High School diploma or an acceptable combination of education, training and experience is required.
- Some command of an Aboriginal language.
Indeed - 15 months ago
TURTLE ISLAND STAFFING is a successful aboriginal owned staffing company that was established in 2006 to provide staffing services in...