- Bilingual (BBB)
- Start: September 2, 2014 till October 3, 2014
- Rate: 19.00+4% vacation pay
- Location: Sussex Drive
2 references from the past 2 years.
The employee will deal primarily with the coordination and preparation of free trade agreement and multilateral negotiations. Specific elements of the proposed statement of merit (which are subject to change, depending on operational requirements) include:
- supporting Canadian participation in multilateral and international meetings/negotiations by providing research and analysis on trade policy issues, as well preparing briefing notes, memoranda to Cabinet, reports and other documents;
- consulting with other Government of Canada Departments and agencies;
- preparing of Ministerial Question Period notes, Ministerial correspondence, communication products and other documents; and
- contributing to special projects related to the above and other files as required.
- Master’s degree in International Studies with a focus on International Trade Policy and/or Economics
- Experience in conducting trade or economic research, surveys or analysis focussed on the market forces, trends and other developments that underlie Canadian international trade policy
- Experience in developing and presenting policy positions and options and in providing briefings for senior management in relation to trade and economic policy issues
- Experience in drafting analytical reports, memoranda and presentations for use by senior management
- Experience in writing communications material for public use
- Experience in the support of Canadian representation in international meetings
- Experience in the conduct of effective stakeholder consultation with other levels of government, NGOs, academic and research institutions, and private sector stakeholders
- Ability to conduct trade and economic analysis focussed on the Canadian and global environment and develop policy recommendations for senior management based on this information
- Ability to analyse and prioritise issues and meet deadlines within compressed time frames
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Effective interpersonal skills
TURTLE ISLAND STAFFING is a successful aboriginal owned staffing company that was established in 2006 to provide staffing services in...