- Policy - Senior
- Enhanced Reliability Status
- Location of work : Tunney’s Pasture
- Duration: April 29 – June 21, 2013
- Rate: $26.00/ph + 4% vacation pay
- Incorp: $30.00
- Interview (Yes/No) NO
- Assist in the preparation and planning of the international senior management meeting;
- Development of PowerPoint presentations, tables and graphs for briefings to management, senior officials and other committees;
- Development of policy papers for briefings to management, senior officials and committees;
- Maintain accurate and up to date workplans;
- Contribute to the planning and coordination of all teleconferences and videoconferences of officials at both the technical and senior management level;
- Maintain and update both the public and secure website and assist in identifying new forms of information management and technology for the network;
- Maintain and update national and international records and lists;
- Maintain an up to date and accurate calendar, roadmap and timelines of all project activities; and
- Other related tasks as required.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in analyzing policy issues and developing policy options
- Minimum 1 year of experience working in the Health Portfolio of the Federal Government
- Experience working with international stakeholders or public health stakeholders
- Experience in planning, coordinating, and delivering international conferences, meetings and/or visits for senior government officials
- Experience in budget planning and development
- Experience in the development of PowerPoint presentations, tables, and graphs
- Knowledge of factors/protocols and issues involved in planning, administering, and coordinating international meetings, conferences and programs
- Knowledge of policy development and decision-making processes in the Government of Canada
- Knowledge of current issues shaping the Government of Canada’s public health agenda
- Knowledge of various software packages such as WordPerfect, Lotus Notes and Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to manage projects and/or events.
- Ability to research, analyze, synthesize and disseminate information.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to work on multiple demands.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work well under pressure.