Our government client is currently seeking a Library Clerk with the following requirements:
-Enhanced Security Clearance
Minimum Mandatory Qualifications:
· Successful completion of two years of secondary school or an acceptable combination of education, training and experience is required
· Minimum of one (1) year of relevant experience is required;
May be required to lift heavy books and/or heavy book trucks
Filing Loose-leaf updates
- Select a loose-leaf update (or updates from the shelf)
- Identify and select the loose-leaf volume (s) from the shelves;
- Place the books on a book cart
- Leave a dummy card with call number of volume(s) and name of worker on shelf in location where volume(s) were shelved.
- Take the book cart to desk;
- Verify that there are no missing updates between the volume(s) and the updates;
- File the update by following update instructions removing bold pages and adding new pages
- Take the volume(s) back to the collection and shelve them where they belong;
- Remove the dummy card with the call number.
Maintaining databases (Adding barcode numbers to existing patron record, and creating new patron records when required.
- Open the ILS;
- Search for existing patron record;
- Differentiate between patrons with similar names;
- Select and open appropriate patron record;
- Insert barcode field;
- Scan barcode;
- Change specific field code to indicate patron has a barcode;
- Save and close record;
- If no record exists, create patron record and fill in fields according to the procedure guide;
- Pass card with scanned barcode to patron and/or add post it with patron name on card and file in name order in box provided.
Other work that may be requested includes:
- Processes catalogue documents by affixing a label and stamping them to indicate the date and location
- Shelves books, periodicals and other publications and performs shelf reading.