- Financial Management
- Start: September 23 for 12 weeks
- Rate: 32.00 +4%vacation pay
- Incorp: 36.00
- Location: Nepean Street
References (Yes) MANDATORY, MIN 2 REFERENCES RECENT WITHIN PAST 5 YEARS. REFERENCES
The candidate shall clearly demonstrate that he or she has a minimum of two years of recent experience in the following activities related to financial management:
- experience in budgeting and financial reporting;
- experience with Microsoft excel;
- experience in accounting (Example: Accounts payable, accounts receivable, bookkeeping, etc);
- experience in research and financial analysis; and
- experience in liaising with senior management.
Ability to plan, organize work, prioritize tasks and meet conflicting deadlines is required.
Typical duties may include:
- Directing the preparation of financial management and accounting reports
- Providing advice regarding the financial implication of changes in programs and operations
- Providing advice and guidance to management on all matters pertaining to accounting, financial reporting and financial control
- Providing advisory services to ensure understanding, acceptance, uniform implementation and effectiveness of new or revised financial and operational management policies
- Promoting acceptance of accounting practices, systems and procedures
- Developing revisions to existing government regulations, policies and guidelines pertaining to financial and operational management practices and systems
- Coordinating the implementation, maintenance, evaluation and operation of departmental accounting, financial reporting and financial control policies, systems and procedures
- Coordinating the reconciliation of balances in reciprocal accounts in Central and departmental systems
- Consolidate financial datas in microsoft excel
Minimum Mandatory Qualifications:
- Certificate, diploma, or degree in accounting, finance, commerce or other relevant field from a recognized post secondary institution is required
- Demonstration of continuous advancement towards obtaining certification as a Chartered Accountant (CA), Certified General Accountant (CGA) or Certified Management Accountant (CMA) is required
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience is required
- Experience in finance or financial management within the federal government is required
- Mandatory of 2 references of supervisors where individual previously worked is required (recent within the last 3 years).
Indeed - 18 months ago
TURTLE ISLAND STAFFING is a successful aboriginal owned staffing company that was established in 2006 to provide staffing services in...