- Start: 16 Sept 2013, to 25 Nov, 2013, with strong possibility of extension(s)
- Rate: 25.00 +4%vacation pay
- Incorp: 28.00
Temporary help services are required in the form of a senior editor to review and edit complex, highly technical investigation reports on transportation accidents.
The resource will be expected to copy edit reports written originally in English and in MS Word to ensure:
- correct formatting;
- compliance with the TSB Style Guide;
- correct and consistent terminology; and
- correct spelling, grammar, syntax, and source/reference information.
- Structural editing may also be required in certain cases to
- ensure compliance with manuals of investigation, and
- improve readability of long reports.
The resource will be required to research terminology, consult specialized literature, and meet with investigators in order to resolve problems and assure the quality of the final report.
The Resource will:
- have extensive experience editing technical and/or scientific documents and providing advice to clients;
- be an expert user of MS Word;
- be adept at MS Outlook and MS Excel
- be able to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, in order to explain or discuss work with clients; and,
- be able to work unsupervised and respect tight deadlines.
The service deliverables for a Senior Editor Resource include, but are not limited to:
- editing technical reports about transportation accidents in English;
- researching technical terminology;
- researching source/reference information; and
- consulting with investigators about technical aspects of reports.
The Resource MUST meet the following Minimum Mandatory Qualifications:
M1 possess a Government of Canada security clearance at the Enhanced Reliability Level;
M2 provide the CIISD/PWGSC security clearance number;
M3 submit a detailed curriculum vitae for the proposed Resource;
M4 possess experience using office software, specifically the Microsoft Office 2007 and/or 2010 suites, including Word, Outlook, and Excel;
M5 possess at least five (5) years’ full-time work experience as a writer–editor or editor in the past ten (10) years;
M6 possess considerable experience editing at least one (1) of the following three (3) types of documents:
a) investigation reports;
b) transportation-related documents; and,
c) technical/scientific documents.
M7 possess experience in researching technical terminology;
M8 possess a certificate, diploma, or degree in translation, writing, linguistics, literature, journalism or other related field, from a recognized post-secondary institution;
M9 possess a secondary school diploma;
M10 be able to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, in order to explain or discuss work with clients;
M11 be available to work overtime, if required; and,
M12 have experience managing his or her own workload.
Indeed - 11 months ago
TURTLE ISLAND STAFFING is a successful aboriginal owned staffing company that was established in 2006 to provide staffing services in...