- Start: March 24, 2014 for 48 weeks
- Rate: 23.00 +4%vacation pay
- Location : O'Connor St
A minimum of 3 references within the last 3 years and must be work related
5 years of experience within in a communications field; preference will be given to candidates with recent (in the past 6 months) Army experience.
- Recent experience within the past 6 months in providing managers or clients with advice regarding communications products and tactics
- Experience in media monitoring using current tools and practices in the domain
- Recent experience within the past 6 months in writing and editing a wide range of communications products aimed at a large audience
- Recent experience within the past 6 months in coordinating communications projects, activities and events including the development of various communications products (including but not restricted to: media advisories, news releases, backgrounders, media response and Q&As)
- Extensive knowledge and significant use of internet, Intranet, Office Suite and SharePoint (ACIMS)
- Experience coordinating communications across multiple platforms.
- Experience supporting and or developing corporate social responsibility through community partnerships
- Good writing and editing skills, including material for print, web and social media.
DUTIES OF THE RESOURCE:
The Army Public Affairs Issues Current Operations representative (Current Ops).
a. The DAPA Issues Current Ops main role is to directly assist the DAPA Issues Coordinator in the conduct of daily operations for the DAPA Issues team;
b. The DAPA Issues Current Ops will support the implementation of the Canadian Army partnership strategy and notify Issues Co-ord or Issues Manager of potential opportunities to proactively position the Canadian Army as a partner of communities
c. The DAPA Issues Current Ops is to assist the DAPA Issues Coordinator with the conduct of highly coordinated, efficient and transparent media relations across Army PA;
d. Under the supervision of the DAPA Issues Coordinator, the DAPA Issues Current Ops is responsible for managing Army PA media queries through Verilog. In close collaboration with DAPA Issues Coordinator, he/she is responsible to properly assign received queries and conduct the necessary coordination with MLO, Land Forces Areas or other departments as circumstances dictates;
e. Under the supervision of the DAPA Issues Coordinator, the DAPA Issues Current Ops is responsible for drafting the Issues team reports and returns, notably the morning media analysis, Issues Daily Report and monthly query statistics report;
f. In collaboration with the DAPA Issues Writer, the DAPA Issues Current Ops is to assemble and maintain a binder, comprised of hard copies of latest approved messaging relevant to Army PA issues;
g. The DAPA Issues Current Ops is responsible for the update of the Issues team visual aids, mainly the two boards located on the Issues bullpen’s wall;
h. In collaboration with the DAPA Issues Writer, the DAPA Issues Current Ops is responsible to update the documents composing the ‘Duty Officer Book’, including the DAPA Issues Contact List, the Duty Schedule, the Army Master Messages, product templates and all other relevant documents;
i. Under supervision of the DAPA Issues Coordinator, the DAPA Issues Current Ops will be responsible for the migration to ACIMS of the selected Issues “K” drive content;