Turkstra Lumber Company Limited is a family owned and operated business that has served Southern Ontario and the Niagara Peninsula for 60 years. With 11 lumber yards and 3 manufacturing plants, we provide a complete range of products for individuals and contractors in the home building, renovation and commercial construction industries.
The Yard Foreman is responsible for the day to day operations of the yard including customer service, managing staff, coordinating deliveries, controlling inventory and ensuring adherence to all health and safety guidelines/regulations.
- Previous management/supervisory experience
- Knowledge of the construction industry and related products and services
- Able to give clear and decisive direction to other employees
- Ability to delegate tasks and keep an open line of communication with staff
- Strong work ethic and ability to multitask in a fast paced work environment
- Positive attitude with all customers and staff
- Accountable for the completion of assigned duties and the performance of yard staff
- Respectful toward customers and toward staff in alignment with company policies and guidelines
- Flexible with fluctuating priorities
- Provide outstanding customer service!
- Delegates daily tasks to staff and assign areas of responsibility and follow up on
- Maintain a good working relationship with customers, employees and upper management
- Processes customer orders and answers customer inquiries regarding product and services
- Oversees yard activity including load building, deliveries and maintenance of all yard equipment
- Responsible for proper yard staff training and orientation
- Completes opening and closing procedures including securing the yard after hours
- Participates in inventory control using required reports and logs for:
-Control and adjusting inventory
- Organizes and prioritizes daily and weekly invoices
- Coordinates with Drivers regarding deliveries and prioritization of deliveries
- Properly loads, unloads and pre-loads trucks while following safety guidelines
- Schedules yard staff through coordination with store Manager
- Coordinates time off requests
- Ensures a clean and safe work environment
- Always represents Turkstra Lumber with a professional appearance and demeanor
Indeed - 8 months ago
Turkstra Lumber Company Limited is a family owned and operated business that has served Southern Ontario and the Niagara Peninsula for 60...