The following positions are available at the Heartland Terminal - Ft. Saskatchewan, AB and Hardisty Terminal - Hardisty, AB; supporting the Canadian Oil Operations group within Operations and Engineering department. Reporting to the Director, Canadian Oil Operations these positions will be responsible for the day to day management and field operation of oil pipeline facilities and terminals in the oil operations business portfolio. These accountabilities will be accomplished by interaction with department staff, peers and supporting departments.
*This position is eligible for domestic relocation assistance, but is not eligible for cross-border relocation assistance.
As an Area Operations Manager you are responsible to:
- Provide leadership to continuously improve business performance in terms of costs, maintenance, health, safety and environment and customer service;
- Manage O&M contracts and understand commercial contracts;
- Develop and monitor budgets for the area;
- Provide input and assistance in the development of goals and objectives from region to area level. Lead the efforts to achieve these goals in the area;
- Effectively manage all resources (people, financial, material and time) in order to ensure maximum efficiency in planning, forecasting and allocation;
- Understand and manage the facility risks and performance;
- Improve the efficiency of the assets;
- Develop and foster an environment which actively enables and encourages employee innovation, continuous improvement and commitment to operational excellence;
- Ensure compliance with all relevant federal, provincial, and local regulatory requirements and company policies and procedures pertaining to operations and maintenance;
- Effectively work and interact with peers in order to optimize regional results and contribute to overall Company success;
- Ensure that the company has a positive, visual image in the communities within the area;
- Ensure quality customer service for all internal and external stakeholders and clients through understanding the business needs and the environment of our customers;
- Continue to grow and learn in the role and its responsibilities as Oil Operations develops in future expansions.
As a people leader in Field Operations you will be required to:
- Build a strong, competent, proactive and engaged team;
- Be responsible for staff development and succession planning for your team;
- Provide your team with excellent performance feedback, appropriate rewards, recognition and coaching;
- Continue to develop your leadership competencies while maintaining a current knowledge of company business, strategy, goals and objectives;
- Ensure Company resources are effectively allocated and utilized to improve reliability and availability of our facilities and to support regional operations;
- Manage and coordinate emergency response with a requirement to be on call and respond to emergency situations.
As a member of the Regional Leadership Team, you will be required to:
- Work collaboratively to establish the Region's strategy, goals and business plan;
- Commit to the execution of the Region's business plan;
- Represent the Company and foster critical partnerships both internally and externally including land owner relations and liaising with public relations;
- Strengthen our partnerships and relationships with key stakeholders, customers and clients;
- Actively participate on the regional management team and assume responsibilities as required;
- Be a champion for continuous change;
- Other tasks as required.
Education and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of Leadership competencies and a commitment to career development;
- Experience in effective resource allocation and utilization (budget preparation, forecasting, re-basing, staff scheduling, supply chain management, etc.)
- Demonstrated leadership in the areas of health, safety and environment, decision making, change management, employee development, performance management, and team building skills;
- Experience with conflict resolution and problem solving tools and processes;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills combined with the ability to utilize those skills during interactions with peers, employees, internal and external customers, and community groups;
- Developed oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Successful completion of a Bachelor's Degree, Diploma or Proficiency Certificate in a technical based field of study (Engineering, Commerce, or equivalent) would be considered an asset;
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience preferably in managerial or leadership type setting;
- An equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered;
- 5 to 10 years oil pipeline and terminal operations experience will be considered an asset;
-Knowledge of liquid pipeline and terminal operations, petroleum measurement and crude oil storage and management are required;
-Proven experience shown to thrive in a start-up environment or initiative.