Service Assurance Analyst
The Service Assurance team provides event management, major incident management, and problem management services to ensure IT services operate according to existing service level objectives (SLOs). The Service Assurance team is responsible for the 24 x 7 delivery of IT Services our business clients, providing identification, response and coordination, control, and communication of issues.
Reporting to the IT Operations Manager, the Service Assurance Analyst evaluates events affecting IT services, determines the severity of the events and takes appropriate action to handling and resolving service exceptions. The successful candidate for this role will be service focused, able to identify the business impact of incidents, capable of operating under pressure, able to communicate with both business and IT team members.
· Day to Day operations within the Service Assurance Team
· Event Management Including:
· Batch Monitoring
· Monitoring of overnight Business Processes
· Event Monitoring
· The escalation of Events to Incidents
· Documenting response to Incidents
· Provide end-to-end ownership of all events and incidents.
· Ownership of Incident, Major Incident and Event co-ordination, escalation and communication activities.
· Service Level Objective(SLO) and Service Exception Monitoring
· Documenting response and control activities for specific events
· Working with corporate and franchise store systems to ensure nightly maintenance processes are executed.
· Conduct daily meetings with support teams and managers to focus on current IT events and incidents for purposes of Incident Management and Root Cause Analysis. This includes the management of all materials discussed during the meeting.
· Documenting key business processes and procedures for the purposes of enhancing the Service Assurance knowledge base.
· Maintaining inventory of daily and nightly activities to support compliance.
· Experience with data backups, job schedulers, remote desktops, scripting languages and batch processing
· Minimum 1 Year experience using ticketing systems
· Experience and understanding of ITIL best practice concepts: Service Operations and Continual Service Improvement
· Capable of finding process improvement opportunities and suggesting solutions to improve service
· Understanding of key technology concepts, including but not limited to: network, storage, infrastructure, application delivery, database and exchange
· Strong decision making skills – able to think on the fly to decide the best course of action
· Experienced ‘responding to’, ‘communicating on’ and managing critical/high priority events and incidents
· Able to distribute communication with a ‘business lens’ applied
· Able to understand the impact to the business of service impacting events
· Experience documenting business and technology solutions, include process/procedural documentation
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Very high attention to detail, able to conduct all tasks in accordance with existing procedures
· Familiar with cause and effect thinking
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Strong ability to plan, prioritize, organize work, and meet deadlines
· Ability to be flexible with hours of work.
· Ability to multi-task and prioritize work according to incident priority and business impact
· 2+ Years’ experience in a support/service delivery based role
· 2 years of post-secondary, diploma/certification in one of the following disciplines: MCITP, CCNA/CCNP Data Center, Computer Science, Engineering
· ITIL Foundations
· ITIL Operational Support and Analysis or ITIL Lifecycle: Service Operation qualification
· Work experience in a Network Operations Centre or 24-7 Service Desk environment
· Knowledge of Six Sigma, LEAN, or other process improvement methodology, would be an asset
· Builds Trust and Credibility by consistently adhering to the organization’s business principles and values. Is seen as direct, truthful, and trustworthy by co-workers, vendors, and customers.
· Committed to results by taking personal responsibility for achieving mutually agreed upon individual/team objectives.
· Demonstrates a desire to help and serve internal/external customers to meet their needs. Is proactive, responsive, and focused on discovering, anticipating, and exceeding the customer’s needs.
· Works collaboratively and cooperatively with others to achieve shared goals and objectives. Considers the wider team, function, banner or the organization and takes action or makes decisions which support the success of those groups.
· Recovers quickly after change, disruptions, or mistakes and can remain productive and focused. Is adaptable and can apply lessons learned in one situation to another situation.
· Is capable of gaining others support for ideas, proposals, and solutions. Is authentic and persuasive in providing solutions and arguments that positively impact business decisions.
· Clearly conveys thoughts, opinions and feelings – both verbally and in writing. Listens attentively to others’ point-of-view.
· Consistently chooses the best course of action (from a number of alternatives) to address business problems and/or opportunities.
· Identifies opportunities for continuous improvement and seeks new and better ways of doing things. Finds resourceful ways to solve problems.