Estimator for a shipbuilding company located in Quebec.
Contract or permanent positions
NO fly-in/fly-out, onsite position
· Calculate the element operation costs in order to help the company to make quotations to obtain contracts within prescribed timeframes;
· Study drawings, specifications, classification standards and regulations and take note of important elements in order to have better knowledge of the nature of equipment and of work details indicated in specifications;
· Make a list of materials described in specifications by marking details of parts and equipments and their characteristics in order to be able to calculate the price of each element;
· Contact selected suppliers by phone, e-mail or mail and provide them with equipment specifications in order to obtain quotations;
· Analyse suppliers’ quotations by comparing different equipment coming from them taking into account the technical aspect according to specifications, price, method of payment and delivery time, in order to choose the best product;
· Compile the price of chosen equipment by calculating the price of each element and/or part included in the final product in order to obtain a total price for equipment under his responsibility concerning whole potential contract;
· Establish the necessary time to manufacture or install equipments by taking into account the manpower data compiled for previous contracts, the acquired knowledge of contracts and by asking for superintendents help, if necessary, in order to calculate a total number of hours for contracts;
· List equipment and its cost, as well as all data related to manpower and other involved elements such as exchange rate, governmental subventions in order to have a summary of all points included in the estimate;
· Follow up on files once the contract has been obtained, by calculating changes made to initial contracts and manpower.
· BA in Architecture, Building Science or equivalent
· Five (5) years of experience in a similar position or as estimator in construction sector;
· Proficiency in English, spoken and written; French is a strong asset, mention it in your resume.
· Good communication skills;
· Ability to manage priorities;
· Ability to negotiate;