Tumi Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Short Hills, NJ9 September 2016
A great company to advance your career in. The company has great values and has a great teaching staff. You will always be learning something new! Never a dull moment with your coworkers.
Pros
great staff, product knowledge handy
Tumi
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Barceloneta, PR1 September 2016
First time working with luggage. Learned the importance of knowing every side of the business. Improved my sales skills. Great team work. learned to understand what the customer wanted and how I could make it happened
Pros
Different environment
A culture of allowing business ownership
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VA19 July 2016
Tumi is the best company I have worked for. It has a culture of vision, growth and respect. The job responsibilities are delegated to allow balance between sales floor and backroom duties. I have strong support from my District Manager which allows for growth and learning.
Best Retail job. No real complaints
Associate Manager (Current Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CA5 June 2016
Love the company, great benefits. Great product. Decent hours pay. Parking is free but a bit far. DM is great to work for. Staff is great to work with. Can be slow and boring at times.
Manage and customer service
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJ5 May 2016
Provided administrative and operational support with store by developing staff in customer service, techniques, management, and product knowledge.
• Managed nearly every aspect of store operations, trained and developed staff.
• Assisted with monitoring and implemented corporate programs in sales, shipping, and merchandising.
• Developed relationships with customers and co-workers.
• Built relationships with clients and staff to bring loyalty and trust.
• Attended to meetings for visual updates and marketing.
A Shooting Star
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Nationwide22 April 2016
Tumi has amazing culture and really believes in promoting within. They give equal opportunity to all employees. And the corporate office is tightly woven. All the parts function very well. In my case the best part of the jobs are my co-workers. The team is fluid and everyone gets along while working hard to accomplish goals. Amazing company to work for.
Pros
Perks of traveling often, benefits, anyone is a call away.
Cons
Lots of changes in upper management in the past two years
Fun, Productive and great environment
Associate Manager (Current Employee) –  Annapolis, MD18 March 2016
Amazing company to work for, everyone is willing to help is available at any given time!

Clients are great and really appreciate the information provided by the sales team.

Great Selling culture, team sell is the main focus
Good Company
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NY14 March 2016
Managed and operated a store networked for growth and continued outreach to promote a higher potential. Enjoy the clientsand the product and how its made.
work life balance
Manager (Current Employee) –  South Plainfield, NJ12 March 2016
Tumi is a high energy environment. It is a fast growing retailer so there is always positive work to be done to help the company grow and evolve with the times. They value work life balance which makes juggling a family and life commitments less stressful by allowing people to adjust their hours when needed. As a result people work harder and put in more time and commitment.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
communication not the greatest
What I have learned from the company
Sales associate selling high-end luggage pieces (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA18 December 2015
A typical day at work is selling one of the most luxurious, famous luggage pieces in the world. TUMI is recognized worldwide by millions. Everyday I get to meet customers from all over the world. I have learned so much about what it takes to make each piece, all the way to satisfying the customers wants and needs.
productive, professional place to work
Assistant Manager/ Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CA10 December 2015
A great place to work. friendly management within the company. TUMI is also has a very professional setting. With TUMI you deal with high profile clients and sell a really great product. TUMI is a global company so you deal with people from different backgrounds and ethnicities.
Pros
benifits and great teams.
Cons
rotating scheduls.
Very Stressful company to work for, Not much advancement.
PT - Associate Management (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PA19 November 2015
Working to satisfy client needs and motivating them to become buyers instead of "just looking" shoppers. Working in Retail can be very stressful when you have very little to no down time and a mean manager who puts herself above everyone else and never takes the time to properly train her employees.
Pros
Meeting Great People, Good Wages
Cons
Slooooow Advancement, Short breaks, long travel, mean manager
Good experience
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NY9 November 2015
Good place for work, but benefits bad. Management very nice and friendly. I really enjoy working in this company but I want to make more money.
Outstanding place to work.
Associate Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CA26 October 2015
Great work environment with the best sales team. Perfect place to develop sales, customer service and admin fields. Great managers and staff.
Great Company to work for and explore opportunities with
Sales (Former Employee) –  NYC, NY14 October 2015
Great experience builder and provided good exposure to higher-ups. I was able to explore multiple opportunities here and find my perfect fit in the company culture. I'd interview again if I went back in time.
Associate Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA9 October 2015
This is good place to work. I work there as an mandarin speaker associate manager. Nice working environment, coworkers are very friendly. I was well trained there. I feels I got much stronger than before.
Pros
Generous employee discount
Cons
We didn't do commission there
Bad Experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VA7 October 2015
There would be days I was off the clock, and I would receive a phone call being yelled at, then apologized too once he/she realized I was not on the clock. My hours would be cut without noticed, and I was told to go home. The staff that worked there were very rude and uptight.
Pros
Cons
Cut Hours, Bad Management
productive, professional place to work
Asst. Manager (Current Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CA27 September 2015
Daily operations. Dealing with clients on a daily basis, doing demos and keeping the store organized. Working with teams and aslong side corprate teams as well. There is a lot to do and plenty to keep you busy.
Pros
Benifits and great teams
Cons
Rotating scheduls.
TUMI
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NY9 July 2015
Great company culture with a lt of poetential for rapid growth given the right opportunity. Company stands for success growth profit and most importantly customer service
Tumi is a very innovative and creative brand with a very hands on and engaging work environment.
Associate Manager (Current Employee) –  CO29 June 2015
A typical day at work consisted of completing the opening procedures properly. Staying busy to maintain buzz and helping clients with all of their needs.
I learned essential skills that help to identify what exactly the client is looking for and accommodating their needs based on their preferences.
My experience with management has always been pleasant. Management is very knowledgeable about the product and company. Also vey helpful helping associates gain the skills needed for advancement.
All of my co-workers have always been pleasant.
The hardest part of the job for me is the schedule. The irregular hours make it hard to plan things in my free time.
The most enjoyable part of the job would be receiving feedback from happy clients i've helped!