On behalf of our client we are seeking a qualified Property Manager with qualifications and experience as outlined below.
Please include a cover letter, resume and at least 2 references.
The individual we are seeking is as follows:
- Highly organized, efficient, with strong written and verbal skills.
- 5 years in a senior Property Management position.
- Demonstrated experience in all aspects of properties including tendering and supervising major capital works projects and dealing with member and maintenance issues.
- Experienced in supervising staff to ensure effective administration in areas of financial management, maintenance services, residential services, and technical services.
- Proficient with computers and software.
- Skilled in preparation of corporate reports including timely preparation of board packages for directors.
- Effectively write financial reports and business correspondence.
- Familiar with factors related to the building trades (painting, plumbing, electrical, carpentry, landscaping, safety) in order to oversee appropriate work orders and scope of building trades work and in accordance with applicable Health and Safety Legislation.
- Current drivers licence (provide abstract).
- Own a vehicle and provide it for work.
- The Property Manager must possess and demonstrate exemplary customer service skills and demonstrate a high degree of organization skills.
This position focuses on ongoing maintenance, maintenance planning, and preventative maintenance of our properties. The Property Manager is a member of senior management and is expected to participate in the corporate decision making process pertaining to finance and administration, human resources and labour relations. They will ensure a high standard of maintenance by conducting regular inspections, and will also ensure vacant units are turned in a timely manner in accordance with budgets and guidelines.
This position reports to and takes explicit direction from the Board of Directors.
1. Plans for the long term care and health of properties owned and operated by:
- Preparing scopes of work, review estimates and recommend award of contracts for maintenance and capital works within guidelines, budget and building condition assessment, as reviewed and adjusted annually; ensure appropriate policies and procedures are in place and adhered to for contract administration; inspect work performed by contractors;
- Knowing and abiding by legislation related to workplace requirements such as Health and Safety and related to properties such as the Manitoba Building Code and Fire Code;
- Actively searching out, and with the assistance of the maintenance supervisor, responding to property maintenance, greening and energy conserving initiatives;
- Assist the Board in preparation of the annual budgets and reporting regularly on the status of the budget. Preparing preliminary cost estimates for annual operating and capital maintenance budgets;
- Meeting with the Maintenance Committee and providing supporting information for matters and reviews;
- Assisting the Board with ensuring compliance with all operating agreements, reporting requirements and all requirements of all related regulations;
- Establishing work priorities for each property
- Managing a charge back system for damage caused by members;
- Estimating costs and recommending decisions to the Maintenance Committee;
- Providing input to the assessment of the long term maintenance costs of any potential projects;
2. Manages the properties by:
- Ensuring a high standard of maintenance of all properties by participating in the development of sound policies, procedures and standards and by implementing same;
- Inspecting interior, exterior of units and buildings, grounds and playgrounds, assessing need for repairs and member compliance issues and providing appropriate follow up;
- Performing inspections related to preventative maintenance plan, capital works plan, long term life cycle plan, and ensure life safety plan compliance;
- Maintaining a comprehensive list of contractors and emergency lists and copies to Board;
- Initiating all work orders, ensuring performance to code, and signs off on all invoices related to properties and reconciles work orders/invoices/ and residences applied to;
- In conjunction with the Office Manager, supervises employees to ensure compliance and completion of assigned duties and responsibilities;
- Developing and maintaining a system for ordering and ensuring adequate supplies for all properties;
- Maintaining, assessing, priorizing and processing work orders to ensure prompt responses to requests from residents for repairs and/or refurbishment;
- Supervising the activities of the Maintenance Technicians, scheduling their work, monitoring hours worked, recording their costs, and preparing annual staff evaluations in consultation with the Board;
- Must carry a cell phone and respond to emergencies in conjunction with the Maintenance Technicians;
- Ensuring vacancies are turned over promptly and within budget;
- Responsibility for take over and year end inspections and ensuring deficiencies are properly dealt with;
- Working with the Board on complaints from residents re antisocial behavior and bylaw infractions and other issues, and take appropriate action which may include recommending membership review;
- Ensuring residents compliance with bylaws, environment, pets, parking;
- In conjunction with the Office Manager responsible for residents, oversee subsidy compliance, administration, and target; As well, oversee democratic control;
- Recommending changes and adjustments to job descriptions of maintenance and office staff;
- Hiring casual and contract labour as required or directed;
- Contracting for trades and services within established budgets and in conjunction with Maintenance Technicians, manage contracts for repair work, supervising temporary help and contractors;
- Costing and purchasing materials, services and equipment;
- Preparing inspection requests from residents for major redecorating/replacements and submitting to the Board for approval;
- Advising residents on maintenance efforts;
- Managing waste handling at all properties;
3. Providing policy advice to the Board and Maintenance Committee on issues related to the maintenance of the assets by;
- Evaluating existing budgets, policies and practices and recommending alterations;
- Analyzing maintenance cost data and reporting on same to the Board and Committees;
- Recommending future policies and actions to enhance the health and care of the properties;
- Keep current and ensure compliance with all relevant government legislation, policies and changes that affect governance
4. Perform other such tasks as the Board may require;
Salary is competitive with industry standards depending on experience. Appropriate benefits package is offered including medical, dental and RRSP.
Please reply by Feb 15th.
Indeed - 14 months ago