Do you love people? Are you passionate about the Internet? Are you a team player, with a special knack for communicating in a way that makes people feel special? Do you have your own website, or contribute to a blog? Does your Twitter account have substance, or just the latest celebrity gossip?
We’re setting the highest standards in every aspect of our business and we’re searching for great people to help us deliver on our promise of a great experience for all of our retail customers.
People often find the Internet and mobile services complex and confusing, so we work to make things simple, reliable and useful. You’ll help support all of Tucows’ retail businesses - Hover leads the way in providing great domain services and Ting is a US-based mobile service that’s changing how people think about what they want in a mobile phone service.
You will be on the front line helping our customers via phone, email, forums and Twitter. The buck stops with you - you will be ultimately responsible for solving problems and letting our customers know that we really do care about them. It is a challenging role and we expect a lot out of you. After all, nobody is really doing what we do and we’ve set the standard pretty darn high.
Think you might be interested in a career at one of the world’s oldest and respected Internet companies? If so, we’d love to hear from you.
Oh, and if you’re one of those people who like lists, here are some more details on the qualifications we’re looking for:
- Must be friendly and personable, a strong team player.
- Knowledge of Net Promoter Score, considered a strong asset.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills are a must. If your not clear on the proper usage of apostrophes and contractions and can’t spot the grammatical error in this sentence this probably isn’t the job for you.
- You’re a whiz on the keyboard and can type at least 60 WPM. Strong knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint would be considered an asset.
- You wouldn’t dream of applying without first researching ting.com, hover.com and tucowsinc.com.
- 2-5 years of progressive customer service experience, preferably in an technology or mobile related industry.
Successful candidates will be hired for our 96 Mowat Avenue location in the beautiful Liberty Village area of Toronto. You will have your own space to customize and call your own. Perks include unlimited use of our rooftop BBQ and outdoor deck, foosball table, spacious lunchrooms, sunny offices, extended health care and generous vacation time.