TTEC Employee Reviews

Tight work environment
Customer Service Representative (De-escalator) (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON20 November 2017
with each day came new experiences, every customer had a different issue. Trying to come to a solution to solve each one in a timely and effective manner.
Each issue came a new curveball
always thinking
Financing company issues always makes it a challenge no matter what the issue.
Pros
Inside work
Cons
Dirty Work Environment
overall was a good experience
Human Capital Generalist (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON19 November 2017
troubleshot cable internet and phone services for clientelle in Hawaii, was a unique experience but just working away and hearing waves in the background made you want to go on vacation, but i did the best i could helped as many people as i could despite some language barriers and lack of some people trying
An average job but difficult for those without the right mindset
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON15 November 2017
Due to Atelka in Sarnia being bought by another company at the time i started, the rules and regulations are always in flux. The job isnt difficult but it can be very frustrating and stress inducing. You are on the phones for 8 hours a day usually dealing with very angry customers that you want to help but are unable to in many situations. Some of the expectations of the employer is unrealistic and many of the perks are not explained or easy to understand. Because of this many agents do not last very long and those that do stay ultimately do not enjoy their jobs. System issues are a constant threat, Changes in plans and deals cause confusion, and sometimes you are stonewalled when trying to find solutions to problems.

However, the pay is good, you get commission on sales as well, and the job does have benefits and even employee discounts. you get 2 weeks paid vacation per year (Though you have to have worked and entire year to recieve pay for them) And if you want full time it is always available

You cannot get part time unless you are a student, and the hours are not flexible at all. you get what they put you on, whether it works for you or not. Trading shifts is a nightmare and the scheduling system is terrible.

Over all, if you can deal with the negatives, the perks are worth it.
very good training and good people to work with
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON15 November 2017
I took training in several departments to learn about a cell phone company located in the USA. I learned to talk to people calmly and help with things such as account info, billing and small technical issues. The hardest part of the job is dealing with very upset customers and trying to calm some of those people down so you can do your job efficiently. The most enjoyable part was talking to so many different people and the schedule was very good for me.
Pros
Good pay, relaxing environment
Cons
Dealing with Irate customers, too many department responsibilities
Great place to work and gain experience
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON13 November 2017
Inbound customer service center. answered calls for various clients as well as dispatch experience. Worked in sales, billing, trouble shooting, and level 1 tech support.
Pros
Cons
No longer sudbury based businesd
Good, solid work.
CSR Time Warner Cable (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON11 November 2017
Was always a great place to work. Very punctual, but good environment and lots of communication. Always had different campaigns on the go, so you could change it up if you needed to.
Pros
Consistent, and reliable work
Cons
Call Center, lots of sitting
Drama
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB9 November 2017
I personally I did not enjoy my time at Atelka due to the the drama that followed me back home. Even if I tried not to make it my business somehow it became my business.
Pros
Great work
Horrible job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON8 November 2017
This line of work is horrid enough, but the staff here are next to useless. My supervisor was little to no help and treated us like we were stupid without training us to understand.
cattle call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON6 November 2017
awful scheduling; paid barely above minimum needed to snipe talent from other bottom end employers. Human capital not applied efficiently (people who could barely speak English were kept on front lines/phones and people with no tech experience/skill were put into highly technical roles)
unstable work environment
Inbound Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS6 November 2017
a typical work day included in you loosing sales because the supervisors were never around when you had an escalated situation
Management where never there to help the employees

although the culture was very diverse, the only main enjoyable part of the job was when you could tell that you made a difference for your customers, the hardest part of the job was trying to track some a supervisor when you needed the help
Pros
amazing co workers
Cons
poor management
Too many surprises
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 November 2017
No set schedule
Not enough training
You need people to like you to write a good survey even if the company doesn't allow you to help them
If you need a day off you have to talk to people already there because they have the best schedule then do a shift trade and it's not one day it's a whole week .
Pros
Health care
Cons
Schedule can change every week. Shift trades are done weekly and not daily
Great
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 October 2017
Loved the job , thevwhole teambwas great they really care for the peoplecworking for them . The bosses are hands on and love helping out even when they have been running around all day
fun place to work, meet people from all over the country
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NS20 October 2017
A great work environment with good people to work with and good management. Talk to lots of people from all over the country but the training is nowhere good enough if you are new to computers like I was at the time.
Pros
fun environmemt to work, meet lots of people
Cons
low wage, not enough training
stressful job
Call Centre Agent (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON10 October 2017
atelka is a very stressful job having to deal with rude people who refuse to listen to the help you are giving them. the team leads egnore their call reps and dont give the help that is needed.
Pros
got to meet a few people
Cons
rude and disrespectful co workers
First Call center
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NS3 October 2017
Teletech call center was my first call center job and it was interesting being tech support for a united states company. Getting yelled at by customers was not my cup of tea.
Salary low for the job!
Customer Service/ Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC30 September 2017
You basically take calls until shift is Finnish! I liked my co-workers and I loved the fact that we didn't have to work as a team. It is not an easy job , you have to deal with lots of unhappy customers on a daily basic.
Pros
You don't have to work in a team!
Cons
very difficult to advance.
I have worked for a couple of call centres and this one in sarnia Ontario is the worst call centre I have ever worked for!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON27 September 2017
The employees are unfairly treated, underpaid...
We are a tp for Rogers and Rogers only cares about money. They don't care about our wellbeing, our opinions don't matter!
It's the worst place to work and I would never recommend it to anyone!!!!
Pros
Everyone of us peons are awesome!
Cons
Long hours, low pay
This place is good for new comers and or international students
Rogers Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 September 2017
The work time is not fixed and the salary is minimum.
This place is good for new comers or students who finished their study and are waiting for their PR. Good place to have some experience in Canada job market.
stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON18 September 2017
People always yelling at you. Stressful environment and so many people worked there was sometimes hard to find support when you needed help with a problem
Enjoyed meeting my coworkers
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atelka- Sarnia Ontario12 September 2017
Enjoyed the time I spent getting to know the people I worked with, but management was not organized, not supportive of new staff(2nd day on phone), we had no floor support besides our team leader. Very disorganized as our team lead's shift ended earlier than ours. No one was accountable for the lack of professionalism, nor took any responsibility for the "miscommunication". The training is outdated on the programs currently in use. Some training staff are more supportive then others. If you have an issue, be prepared to be spoken to like a customer. I quit when I realized it didnt matter what I said, nothing would change and no one would take responsibility for their actions or lack thereof. Some of the customers are great, but most are calling in because of billing or service issues and are understandably upset. If you are thick skinned and able to diffuse escalated situations quickly, work well with computers and able to shrug off work stress then I wish you luck and hope you have a better experience then me.😊
Pros
Above minimum wage plus commission on sales, cafeteria on site, great coworkers, benefits after 3 months
Cons
Poor communication with management, no support from upper management, lack of professionalism