TSC Stores Employee Reviews

Terrible company to work part time for
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  London, ON25 November 2016
a typical day at TSC is faced with a lot of challenges, usually to the start of the day they barely have enough machines for every working person. Everything is now based on a quota system that doesn't match with the work that has to be done. Picks vs Pieces is the most common fight that occurs with workers not being able to hit a quota.
There has been a lack of loyalty that surrounds TSC whether it has to do with hours being cut for people who work hard and have been around longer than others or its the part time employees that get laid off within a days notice about 2 times a year. Part-timers/seasonal will be offered 40 hours a week when busy and it looks promising that you will stay doing full-time hours until it's not as busy and they start cutting hours.
There is little chance of moving up as everyone usually just does one job until they retire or quit.
Cons
No Loyalty, Bad management
Boring Workplace, terrible management
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON27 September 2016
Management doesn't consider your outside life. I ask for 1 night of a week and they would schedule me for a that night
I gained experience working with customers though
Be afraid. Be very afraid
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON2 September 2016
I worked for Tsc for almost 4 years. It was one of my first real jobs. Starting when I was 17 and being forced out when I was 20. So yes I met a lot of awesome people and had great experiences with Coworkers. But there was always one manager who was very rude and unprofessional and I would come home crying daily with how mean she was. It was like torture working with her. And no support came from upper management or Hr when contacted. Luckily I always had support from the actual store manager and in my last year he gave me the opportunity to advance as service manager. Unfortunately other childish older employees who couldn't stand to be "taking orders from a child" turned sour out of nowhere after being your best friend for years and went behind my back and sabotaged my position by writing an "anonymous" email to head office with links to my social media which had nothing to do with my position as current manager. Within a day head office was at my store telling me they could no longer have me working for them but that they value my dedication and loyalty. GIVE ME A BREAK. I did nothing but treat everyone with respect and kindness and got tossed away like Tuesdays trash because of some old with who thought she ran the place because she was "head cashier" meanwhile nobody liked her. I tried to fight my case as wrongful dismissal but they played me and put my record as resigned from position unexpectedly.

Basically Tsc blows huge chunks. But like any job you meet good and bad people. But if you want to go back to high school then it's the place to be! Just don't
  more... associate yourselves with grumpy old women who think they run the cash.  less
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Spiteful coworker, management, hr department, over worked no over time
Good co-workers, horrible management
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Bradford West Gwillimbury, ON24 August 2016
The manager makes the employees feel small and worthless. Stressing the employees with lots of tasks per night. Not giving them enough time, and getting angry when it's not finished.
Cons
not enough hours
Productive and easy-going workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Rockland, ON2 August 2016
I've been working at TSC for almost nine months now and I have to say, it is somehow the most easy-going and relaxed but still productive and hard working workplace I've ever been to. The staff is like one big family, the management is understanding and easy to talk to. Management frequently checks in to make sure you don't have any concerns you'd like to discuss, they also give you the option to talk to the district manager if you don't feel comfortable discussing with them. Going into work is always enjoyable, everyone is constantly smiling and joking around. Being a cashier there isn't the best thing in the world due to price adjustments that need to be done however, being cross-trained as a clerk is handy.
Pros
stress-free environment, confidential, fun environment
Cons
not a lot of hours, cranky customers
Great first job
Inbound Receiver (Former Employee) –  London, ON25 March 2016
Best job ive ever had managed excellent and willing to work around my high school hours always fun and they were always willing to help me learn
Avoid
Production Manager/Certified Receiver (Current Employee) –  Mount Forest, ON8 March 2016
Not at all somewhere you want to work with problems escalating from corporate to store level.
If you need a quick part time job sure but never expect to have a happy career here!
They expect the world from you with zero respect
Receiver (Former Employee) –  London, ON27 February 2016
I worked as a service manager and receiver for 3 years at 2 locations, zero support from head office ,zero training , and was belittled at every turn . staff was friendly and helpful, but given no direction .
Staff turn over is a joke , weekly new hires . I saw 4 store managers within a year , none stayed longer than a month . hours are ridiculous, over 50 without ot, no positive feed back ever
If you have no life and can dedicate yourself to crazy whims and hours this job is for you.
Pros
Not many
Cons
Long houts, no suppport, lord help ya if your female in a manager position
not a good place to work.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON26 February 2016
I have been there for 5 months and at first it was great then the manager that hired me left and now the one we have has disregarded almost everything about hours some people are able to work and bringing in people from his former store when he can just give the current employees the hours, and he knows nothing about the store and what is sold there. I was told I would get no less than 15 hrs a week now I am lucky to get half that a week. most employees are not very happy but the managment staff is thrilled they now sit around not doing much....would get another job but cant find one right now.
Pros
nice customers
Cons
not managed properly
Great place to work.
part time retail (Current Employee) –  London, ON13 January 2016
Excellent! I have worked at TSC for about 6 months now. The store is busy. The employees and managers are great to work for and I would recommend working there.
Pros
Great hours
customer service
Certified Receiver, Sales Manager, Cashier, Clerk (Current Employee) –  Startford on27 November 2015
TSC is a good place to work, nice people, and customers. I learnt how to deal with all kinds of customers and situations. I took on the responsibilities as a key holder for the store. Dealt with numerous deliveries everyday and kept track of all the paperwork to go with it.
work day
Cashier, Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Stratford, ON5 November 2015
a typical day at work for me is that I enjoy meeting with the customers. After the length of time being there you basically get to know a lot by name.
New people and regular customers daily
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Grimsby, ON21 September 2015
I enjoyed getting to know the new customers and the regular customers. Working as a cashier, warehouse worker and on the floor stocking it was a great variety of daily jobs.
Pros
great customers, management and employees
Cons
meeting new people daily
Heartless
Receiver- Warehouseman (Former Employee) –  London, Ontario4 August 2015
I had worked for TSC for almost 11years and was looking forward to 4 weeks holidays next year. I consider myself a good employee,started early and stayed late. Always had a good reveiw,never a problem. Recently I arrived to work on Monday morning and was met at the punch clock by a manager. He greeted me and ask me to bring my lunch bag and follow him to a inner office. In the office sat the H.R representive. I was handed a letter and was told it would explain everything. The letter stated that due to restructuring my position was terminated. I was escorted like some common criminal out the door. There was no Thank you for my services all the years employed. There was a foul up on my paper work and I had to go back to straighten things out. While I was there I noticed alot of part-time workers still there that made less money and had no benefits. I was later told that others were let go . There was one employee let go that had worked for TSC for over 25 years. I don't feel that I was treated fairly . I am in my mid 50's and I am finding it very difficult to find suitable employment.
Pros
TSC was a decent work environment at the beginning of my employment.
Cons
Uncaring and ruthless place to work
a very unorthodox and unorganized place to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON3 July 2015
My co-workers were friendly and helpful, I had to start 15min before my shift started to count my cash which I didn't get paid for and had to stay at least 30 min after the end of my shift to count my cash and sign for the nights paper work, management was untrustworthy as I didn't get paid for shifts I worked even after bringing it to there attention
Upper Management is disconnected from front line
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario19 May 2015
TSC was not a bad place to be at first, over the last few years they are trying to find their direction and with this have lost sight of the front lines (the stores).
Business has changed and the upper managers need to get back to basic and spend some real time in the stores understanding their opportunities and concerns.
Pros
Some very cool products and a unique shopping experience.
Cons
Long hours, no training, poor communication
Service manager
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ON4 May 2015
Very dysfunctional company, Poor upper management, Treat employees poorly, 0 to none hours, No training, No support from head office or Dm, High employee turn over rate, No stock, High prices, Poor product selection, No resources or proper tools to complete tasks, No communication.
Pros
None, they treat you poorly
Cons
What is not wrong with this place
i wouldnt work there
cashier (Former Employee) –  sarnia23 April 2015
I worked there for a month they told me they needed someone who could work weekends and nights So That's what I did then after my training was over they fired me. So I took time off my other job for them just because I felt bad.
Pros
staff is nice
Cons
not enough cashiers no one around to help
Great Student Job
Customer service, Stocking (Current Employee) –  Leamington ON21 April 2015
The people you meet and the things you learn are great for a student or somebody who needs experience dealing with people and gaining knowledge in all aspects.
Fun work atmosphere
Sales Clerk (Current Employee) –  Orillia, ON15 April 2015
Loved working there and enjoyed my co workers
great place to work if you enjoy helping customers and working in the warehouse putting out stock and organizing

2.7