TSC Stores Employee Reviews in Canada

not a good place to work.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONFebruary 26, 2016
I have been there for 5 months and at first it was great then the manager that hired me left and now the one we have has disregarded almost everything about hours some people are able to work and bringing in people from his former store when he can just give the current employees the hours, and he knows nothing about the store and what is sold there. I was told I would get no less than 15 hrs a week now I am lucky to get half that a week. most employees are not very happy but the managment staff is thrilled they now sit around not doing much....would get another job but cant find one right now.
Pros
nice customers
Cons
not managed properly
Avoid
Production Manager/Certified Receiver (Current Employee) –  Mount Forest, ONMarch 8, 2016
Not at all somewhere you want to work with problems escalating from corporate to store level.
If you need a quick part time job sure but never expect to have a happy career here!
Great first job
Inbound Receiver (Former Employee) –  London, ONMarch 25, 2016
Best job ive ever had managed excellent and willing to work around my high school hours always fun and they were always willing to help me learn
Great place to work.
part time retail (Current Employee) –  London, ONJanuary 13, 2016
Excellent! I have worked at TSC for about 6 months now. The store is busy. The employees and managers are great to work for and I would recommend working there.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
New people and regular customers daily
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Grimsby, ONSeptember 21, 2015
I enjoyed getting to know the new customers and the regular customers. Working as a cashier, warehouse worker and on the floor stocking it was a great variety of daily jobs.
Pros
great customers, management and employees
Cons
meeting new people daily
a very unorthodox and unorganized place to work
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bowmanville, ONJuly 3, 2015
My co-workers were friendly and helpful, I had to start 15min before my shift started to count my cash which I didn't get paid for and had to stay at least 30 min after the end of my shift to count my cash and sign for the nights paper work, management was untrustworthy as I didn't get paid for shifts I worked even after bringing it to there attention
work day
Cashier, Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Stratford, ONNovember 5, 2015
a typical day at work for me is that I enjoy meeting with the customers. After the length of time being there you basically get to know a lot by name.
Service manager
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, ONMay 4, 2015
Very dysfunctional company, Poor upper management, Treat employees poorly, 0 to none hours, No training, No support from head office or Dm, High employee turn over rate, No stock, High prices, Poor product selection, No resources or proper tools to complete tasks, No communication.
Pros
None, they treat you poorly
Cons
What is not wrong with this place
i wouldnt work there
cashier (Former Employee) –  sarniaApril 23, 2015
I worked there for a month they told me they needed someone who could work weekends and nights So That's what I did then after my training was over they fired me. So I took time off my other job for them just because I felt bad.
Pros
staff is nice
Cons
not enough cashiers no one around to help
Avoid At All Costs!
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONOctober 27, 2014
No stock
No support from head office
55+ hour work weeks (constantly)
High prices
High turnover of staff
No training programs at any level
You have to pay $60+ for your uniforms
Breaks? (Good luck getting one)

Without a doubt the most disorganized, incompetent work environment I've ever been exposed to. If you value your sanity & dignity stay clear of TSC. There are better jobs out there with a fraction of the chaos plaguing this company and store. (Guelph)
Cons
too many to list
Unstable Workplace
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Simcoe, OntarioMay 6, 2014
In my tenure with TSC Stores in Simcoe Ontario, I have seen 3 District Managers, 1 store manager (was hired 2-3 weeks after me).

I am leaving after only 4 months after being informed that my SIN number had gone missing so I needed to give them the information again so they could send it to head office. Also there is reports of time theft being done because the manager is going in and altering the electronic punch clocks time before sending it to payroll.

On top of that, there was a short in one of the sales floor lights that has caused the whole light casing to turn black and they have not gotten it look at in weeks. They are even still running power to it.
Great Student Job
Customer service, Stocking (Current Employee) –  Leamington ONApril 21, 2015
The people you meet and the things you learn are great for a student or somebody who needs experience dealing with people and gaining knowledge in all aspects.
overall a good store to work in
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Kemptville, OntarioJanuary 30, 2013
While working for the above company I learned a great deal about the daily management of the company. My co-workers were very supportive to myself personally and to the required needs to help me do my job better. The hardest part of my job was having to manage the store by myself on numerous occasions but I feel that it was a great assest to me in that it helped me grow as a manager and the most enjoyable part to me was dealing with the customers and doing my best to ensure customer satisfaction
fun place tio work,however work was first
assistant manager (Former Employee) –  New Liskeard, ONJune 14, 2012
open store set up cashes ,customer sales and service,making suure the store ran smoothly,management were all hard workres. All the staff were always up for what ever the day had to offer,i think the hardest part was dealing with an irate customer.the most enjoyable part was dealing with the public.
Pros
meeting new friends, and learning everything i needed to, to be a better manager
Cons
the long hours for sure, and winter travel
Run of the mill retail experience
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ONMay 14, 2013
Working at TSC is recommended for anyone with an interest in working outdoors, farming etc. The hours are flexible, management will treat you with respect, and the stores aren't massive so finding items is not too hard. Note you will have to listen to country music all day long! Overall it's not a bad job at all and recommended to any student/professional looking to make some extra money.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
country music all day
Fun work atmosphere
Sales Clerk (Current Employee) –  Orillia, ONApril 15, 2015
Loved working there and enjoyed my co workers
great place to work if you enjoy helping customers and working in the warehouse putting out stock and organizing
I hated it.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  TSC Stores LP - LambethMarch 10, 2014
Like the other guy said, one of the top 50 worst companies in Canada. People listen to me, don't waste your time with this place. It will end your career in retail. I was so happy to quit working there. I left for another job in the same industry doing pretty much the same job for a lot more$$ and my superiors are decent, respectful people who offer praise and encouragement.
just bad management of goods and staff
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  rocklandJanuary 22, 2013
just overall not a fun place to work at poor regional management extremely poor follow ups and very poor training also poor customer service and both the store and regional manager did not speak french in a primarily french community just overall poor planning
Pros
none really
Cons
no work stability and no respect bad overall envirenment
Great environment and co-workers
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONOctober 27, 2014
Environment was great with happy costumers and the co-workers were very friendly willing to help each other out.
Good Job
Stock Person (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ONNovember 18, 2012
-Very relaxed job
-Good management team
-Well supervised and goals/ objectives met on a nightly basis
-Not stable in hours per week
-Minimum wage job