TSC Stores

TSC Stores Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A Rudderless Ship
Receiver (Former Employee), ListowelJune 30, 2014
Cons: very long hours, no stock & obsolete point of sale computers.
No training programs in place for any position, no replenishment of stock, limited staff on shift, no direction from head office & high prices. The most chaotic working environment I've ever been in. I'm floored they're still in business. Seek employment elsewhere. You'll thank me.
Unstable Workplace
Production Associate (Current Employee), Simcoe, OntarioMay 6, 2014
In my tenure with TSC Stores in Simcoe Ontario, I have seen 3 District Managers, 1 store manager (was hired 2-3 weeks after me).

I am leaving after only 4 months after being informed that my SIN number had gone missing so I needed to give them the information again so they could send it to head office. Also there is reports of time theft being done – more... because the manager is going in and altering the electronic punch clocks time before sending it to payroll.

On top of that, there was a short in one of the sales floor lights that has caused the whole light casing to turn black and they have not gotten it look at in weeks. They are even still running power to it. – less
I hated it.
Sales Manager (Former Employee), TSC Stores LP - LambethMarch 10, 2014
Like the other guy said, one of the top 50 worst companies in Canada. People listen to me, don't waste your time with this place. It will end your career in retail. I was so happy to quit working there. I left for another job in the same industry doing pretty much the same job for a lot more$$ and my superiors are decent, respectful people who offer – more... praise and encouragement. – less
Country Store
Store Manager (Former Employee), Owen Sound, ONDecember 9, 2013
Retailer that caters to the rural customers but has deals for all
POORLY RUN COMPANY FROM TOP TO BOTTOM!
a little bit of everything (Former Employee), everywhereDecember 6, 2013
Pros: the satisfaction of knowing you've done a great job, having great staff to work with, great customers (which most have stopped shopping there)
Cons: too many to list, bad managment, poor hr, upper managemnt is sexist, (dislikes that fact where woman are could be there boss), very long hours with no extra pay, very bad work enviroment, extremley negative and aggressive culture.
One of the top 10 WORST companies to work for in the country!

The highest employee turnover I have ever seen or heard of!

I truly loved waking up in the morning to go work for this company for the first 6 years I was employed for them.

I put my heart & soul into everything I did. There has been some major changes in the culture and the upper management – more... at the corporate office in the past 5 years. The Vice president of Operations who works at the corporate office in London is a very very DIFFERENT kinda person> ( I have to be nice or this won't get posted)

Many former employees and I'm positive most current ones would be able to tell you; every day your watching your back and feel like no matter how well your performance is you can be eliminated at any point in time!! It would appear to some that TSC has a very good track record of that.

Certainly not an employer with whom you would ever consider entertaining a lengthy career. You would certainly quit or have your employment terminated before that could be established.

If you have no self worth and feel like committing employment suicide. If you enjoy working 70 hours a week and only getting paid for 43, If you have no family or friends or social life what so ever, If you like having your boss humiliate you in front of co-workers, if you enjoy a sexist work environment, If you like worrying every waking moment that regardless of how well you perform your job you can be terminated at any second then just maybe, this is the company for you. – less
The job I wanted, but bad career culture
Marketing Analyst (Former Employee), London, ONJuly 4, 2013
Cons: long hours, poor management, bad corporate culture
The job started with excitement and ended with me feeling blindsided. I started there after someone had quit with the expectations that I would learn the job as I went along as the only form of training was an excel file explaining how to run some programs.

There was parts of my job that I loved, primarly the parts where I was actually practicing the – more... skills I learned in university. However the corporate culture there was toxic. If I needed help with work many of the other employees were unwilling to help. I wouldn't say its the other employees fault as I would with management. There are extensive tight deadlines and no one has time to work ahead. Management would expect things done as they were given out as top priority but would forget about the daily work that needs to be done.

During my orientation I was told I would get performance reviews and 3 and 6 months. I did not get either after almost 7 months I was called into HR and was told they were restructuring and my position was no longer needed. On the surface I felt that perhape they were being honest, but the more I talk to other past TSC employees it seemed to be a common trend where they would get rid of anyone who wasn't good friends with management.

to give you an idea of how overworked the staff is there, I had over 30 hours of overtime in 7 months, while my manager would leave work on time everyday! – less
Run of the mill retail experience
Store Clerk (Former Employee), Guelph, ONMay 14, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: country music all day
Working at TSC is recommended for anyone with an interest in working outdoors, farming etc. The hours are flexible, management will treat you with respect, and the stores aren't massive so finding items is not too hard. Note you will have to listen to country music all day long! Overall it's not a bad job at all and recommended to any student/professional – more... looking to make some extra money. – less
good
Clerk (Current Employee), OrilliaMay 8, 2013
management works well with your life schedule as needed, co workers are friendly.
A pleasure to come to work
Store Clerk (Current Employee), Arnprior, ONFebruary 9, 2013
The management of workers are very enjoyable to work with and I very much enjoy the customer base
overall a good store to work in
Service Manager (Former Employee), Kemptville, OntarioJanuary 30, 2013
While working for the above company I learned a great deal about the daily management of the company. My co-workers were very supportive to myself personally and to the required needs to help me do my job better. The hardest part of my job was having to manage the store by myself on numerous occasions but I feel that it was a great assest to me in that – more... it helped me grow as a manager and the most enjoyable part to me was dealing with the customers and doing my best to ensure customer satisfaction – less
just bad management of goods and staff
Sales Manager (Former Employee), rocklandJanuary 22, 2013
Pros: none really
Cons: no work stability and no respect bad overall envirenment
just overall not a fun place to work at poor regional management extremely poor follow ups and very poor training also poor customer service and both the store and regional manager did not speak french in a primarily french community just overall poor planning
Good Job
Stock Person (Current Employee), Brantford, ONNovember 18, 2012
-Very relaxed job
-Good management team
-Well supervised and goals/ objectives met on a nightly basis
-Not stable in hours per week
-Minimum wage job
fun place tio work,however work was first
assistant manager (Former Employee), New Liskeard, ONJune 14, 2012
Pros: meeting new friends, and learning everything i needed to, to be a better manager
Cons: the long hours for sure, and winter travel
open store set up cashes ,customer sales and service,making suure the store ran smoothly,management were all hard workres. All the staff were always up for what ever the day had to offer,i think the hardest part was dealing with an irate customer.the most enjoyable part was dealing with the public.
Okay for part time job
Clerk (Former Employee), Arnprior, ONApril 15, 2012
Part time employment is okay, they do not like hiring full time, or promotions from within.
Toxic enviroment - Abusive upper managment - This company wont be around much longer.
unfortunatley employed. (Former Employee), all over - and the officeDecember 10, 2013
Pros: great co-workers - & customers
Cons: toxic culture, abusive and mob style upper managment.
Your typical retail hardware store with a twist.

A unique balance of customers who are great to work for.

HR really talks it up through the interview process......

absolutely NO training what so ever, even though it was promised. No one ever had anytime to train anyone.

TSC IS YOUR TYPICAL "CORPORATE GREED" STYLE BUSINESS.

its the mentality that – more... " if you wont do what I tell you and when I tell you; then I will find someone else who will"! oh yeah, kiss my REAR END on your way out too!

Get the most done with the least amount of labour possible and then expect even more. were going to pay you for 43 hours a week but you have to stay 70. But the big wigs always seem to make it out of the office by 5 unless they've been on the golf course since 10am.

I would've fallen flat on my face if I was ever offered any type of praise or positive feedback. Its non-stop negative. we'll make our company successful by instilling fear in all our employees!

No one is ever good enough for the VP. If you only did it like I did it...do it this way, do it my way.... you still didn't do it right...

Highest employee turnover I have ever seen in my entire career!

The worst company I have ever worked for or heard of that abides by its own strange 1950's, sexist, illegal, abusive "toxic" culture, thinks they are above the law type of rules......

I shall end the tyrant. Trust me I am not a sour person, I am actually quite a delight. I just really felt it was important that everyone considering working even for 1 day for this company has some inkling of what it is there getting themselves into.

You may see or hear a few good reviews with some of the lower ranks of the staff within the bowls of the company but highly unlikely from any other rank within the company, and if you do there probably being paid off to right a good review.

THINK TWICE, NO THREE TIMES BEFORE ENTERING INTO A DEAL WITH THE DEVIL! – less