TSC Stores Employee Reviews

Ok for students or first job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON6 June 2017
If you have a life and bills this is not a job for you. If you are a female there is no way you are going to get promoted. As a cashier you will have to do many jobs and be dumped on by others
great place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Brockville, ON4 May 2017
I love working at TSC and the fast pace environment. The people are great and the overall work environment is great. I have worked at TSC for almost three years and I still love going into work everyday
fun and laid back atmosphere
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ON1 May 2017
easy going atmosphere fun co workers easy work pace good hours
meet interesting people get to see you items before other people good training and safety
Retail Experience
Merchandiser (Work Internship) (Former Employee) –  London, ON21 April 2017
The enjoyable part of the jobs I have been a part of is customer relations experience. The hardest part of any job in customer service is dealing with angry or disgruntled customers. In my experience I have learned a lot of business knowledge. The best workplace culture is where I was empowered to make my own decisions and be a valued employee.

A typical day at work is greeting my associates and management personnel with a smile and be ready for the coming day of business related experience and continue in ethical company procedures.

The management business relationships in my work experience have mostly been positive. But at times I did question some of the decisions that were made by management.
Pros
Automany and Empowerment
Cons
At times a Thankyou was not initiated.
Outgoing place with friendly employees
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Strathroy, ON21 April 2017
I truely enjoy working for TSC and appreciate all the experience that this job has brought me. Ive learned alot about retail and customer service, not to mention product handling.
Pros
Good hours, Great discount
productive and good environment
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON9 April 2017
TSC Stores is an amazing first part time job for me they took me on as a new-be and taught me everything I needed to know with cash and everything and know I feel ready for any job that comes my way.
Friendly
Seasonal Worker (Former Employee) –  London, ON6 April 2017
Fun friendly job! Sadly it was a seasonal contract as i loved everyone i worked with! It was different than most jobs and was always different every shift.
Was fun
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Strathroy, ON2 April 2017
I worked and didn't get payed all the time not sure if it happened to just me but other then that it is a great environment and an amazing experience .
Pros
Great managers
Cons
Troubles getting payed
Love my job, company was not good to work for after TD bank took over ownership
Retail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Simcoe, ON20 March 2017
My last two years at this employment was as label coodernator. I enjoyed the hours I worked, but was not enough to live off of and raise two kids. I loved my job, and loved working customer service as well.
Pros
People and the hours I worked the last two years
Cons
Salary and management
Fair job, fair hours.
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON20 March 2017
Typically you either help costumers with fulfilling their shopping needs as well as helping load bought products on to customers trailers and trucks. You will be around more of a country crowed. The hardest part if you are not a country person is know what the customers are looking for if they are looking for something specific.
I have often found that the hardest part of the day is standing on your feet all day long.
Pros
Nice breaks, free botles of water
Cons
early morning opens
Good people to work with.
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Collingwood, ON4 March 2017
I usually help move products like feed and help clean up when the store is closing. The managerial staff are nice and help me learn. I also assist customers.
Pros
Good work enviroment.
Cons
Not very much work right now.
I like to wake up with the right attitude when heading to work.
Cashier/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON26 January 2017
-Always walk in with a smile
-Always make sure your body mind and all is in the work mode.
-Always leave home at home and work at work
-Always realize customer service is number one
good all together
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON22 January 2017
they try to work around your schedule best they can, other employees are friendly and easy to get along with, boss are nice, if your a fast learner you'll catch on fast with everything
If you want experience/something temporary
Stock Person (Former Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON22 December 2016
Everyday was the same. The minimum amount of hours and staff with maximum amount of work. Management doesn't care about staff and always blamed the higher ups for all their problems. Everyone always just complained and blamed each other. No training. No organization. Limited communication. Teamwork was frowned upon. This job was worth some experience in retail at best.
Pros
Made new friends
Cons
Everything else
Terrible company to work part time for
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  London, ON25 November 2016
a typical day at TSC is faced with a lot of challenges, usually to the start of the day they barely have enough machines for every working person. Everything is now based on a quota system that doesn't match with the work that has to be done. Picks vs Pieces is the most common fight that occurs with workers not being able to hit a quota.
There has been a lack of loyalty that surrounds TSC whether it has to do with hours being cut for people who work hard and have been around longer than others or its the part time employees that get laid off within a days notice about 2 times a year. Part-timers/seasonal will be offered 40 hours a week when busy and it looks promising that you will stay doing full-time hours until it's not as busy and they start cutting hours.
There is little chance of moving up as everyone usually just does one job until they retire or quit.
Cons
No Loyalty, Bad management
Boring Workplace, terrible management
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON27 September 2016
Management doesn't consider your outside life. I ask for 1 night of a week and they would schedule me for a that night
I gained experience working with customers though
Very flexible, not good pay.
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON13 September 2016
Always staying late, always asking more than your job description, refusal to pay for work being done, and very little opportunity to get the pay you deserve.

Management is okay, sometimes unorganized.
Be afraid. Be very afraid
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON2 September 2016
I worked for Tsc for almost 4 years. It was one of my first real jobs. Starting when I was 17 and being forced out when I was 20. So yes I met a lot of awesome people and had great experiences with Coworkers. But there was always one manager who was very rude and unprofessional and I would come home crying daily with how mean she was. It was like torture working with her. And no support came from upper management or Hr when contacted. Luckily I always had support from the actual store manager and in my last year he gave me the opportunity to advance as service manager. Unfortunately other childish older employees who couldn't stand to be "taking orders from a child" turned sour out of nowhere after being your best friend for years and went behind my back and sabotaged my position by writing an "anonymous" email to head office with links to my social media which had nothing to do with my position as current manager. Within a day head office was at my store telling me they could no longer have me working for them but that they value my dedication and loyalty. GIVE ME A BREAK. I did nothing but treat everyone with respect and kindness and got tossed away like Tuesdays trash because of some old with who thought she ran the place because she was "head cashier" meanwhile nobody liked her. I tried to fight my case as wrongful dismissal but they played me and put my record as resigned from position unexpectedly.

Basically Tsc blows huge chunks. But like any job you meet good and bad people. But if you want to go back to high school then it's the place to be! Just don't
  more... associate yourselves with grumpy old women who think they run the cash.  less
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Spiteful coworker, management, hr department, over worked no over time
Good co-workers, horrible management
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Bradford West Gwillimbury, ON24 August 2016
The manager makes the employees feel small and worthless. Stressing the employees with lots of tasks per night. Not giving them enough time, and getting angry when it's not finished.
Cons
not enough hours
Productive and easy-going workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Rockland, ON2 August 2016
I've been working at TSC for almost nine months now and I have to say, it is somehow the most easy-going and relaxed but still productive and hard working workplace I've ever been to. The staff is like one big family, the management is understanding and easy to talk to. Management frequently checks in to make sure you don't have any concerns you'd like to discuss, they also give you the option to talk to the district manager if you don't feel comfortable discussing with them. Going into work is always enjoyable, everyone is constantly smiling and joking around. Being a cashier there isn't the best thing in the world due to price adjustments that need to be done however, being cross-trained as a clerk is handy.
Pros
stress-free environment, confidential, fun environment
Cons
not a lot of hours, cranky customers