TSC Stores L.P

TSC Stores L.P Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Take a step back with your career here! Immerse yourself in a 100% pure toxic enviroment.
clerk, cashier (Former Employee), london, lambeth, hyde parkDecember 12, 2013
Pros: great staff for the most part
Cons: terrible culture, bad upper managment, a sinking ship!
Manager offered training during interview but I never received any training.

All the managers are running around the store like chickens with their head cut off! they have too much on their plates, and it seemed the DM would keep adding more and more and more and the expectations where everything needed to be done yesterday.

Was told I should see – more... 20 - 25 hours a week. For the first 2 weeks I got 18 hours per week, after that I only ever got 10 hours.

Most of my shifts I was unable to take a break because the store was so busy and there was only 1 manager and myself working. This type of thing seemed to be encouraged by upper management. They would have a whole bunch od staff come in during the evenings to put out stock or re-arrange things but even they didn't get their breaks or jobs done too because they were always helping customers or trying to catch up on other stuff that was never done on time.

There was a lot of employee turnover at the stores I worked at.

Especially with management. Just when you get comfortable with your bosses they either get fired or move them somewhere else, most of the time they got fired. ...and really the managers were doing a good job all things considering, they were well liked with the staff and they worked hard. You can only expect so much from 1 person.

I would have never ever wanted to pursue any type of long term career with this company. I could never let my self be so disrespected by my bosses and be-littled in front of staff by the vice- president etc etc.

TSC wants people to work for min wage part time, and perform full time duties in half the time. The expectations are unreal.....

I consider myself to be extremely hardworking and very dedicated to my employers. However after 1 month at this pathetic waste of a decent retail space called TSC I started looking for another job.

Please.... I ask you to think long and hard before you apply. trust me its not worth the 10 hours or $100 a week. Go to the home depot or home hardware or even rona, at least they respect their employees! – less
A fun, relaxed atmosphere
Store Manager (Former Employee), Leamington, OntarioApril 5, 2013
Pros: a great starting point!
Cons: no advancement opportunities
I had a great time testing the waters and growing into myself at TSC. I had a terrific team, in the store as well as neighbouring stores that I could use for support.
I loved the challenges of learning new ways to execute tasks in a relaxed atmosphere.
awesome place to work if you know what your talking about.
Clerk (Former Employee), Sarnia, ONJuly 17, 2012
awesome place to work, great people amazing customers! management was fair and the hardest part of my job was stacking bags of dirt.