TSAY KEH DENE BAND
Job Titles: Systems Administrator
Wage: Tbd based on experience, competitive benefit package
Type of position: Full-time
Hours: 35 hours per week
- Engineer Hardware and Software solutions for operational needs.
- Install new or rebuild existing services and hardware, peripherals, settings, storage, etc. to achieve operational requirements and project specifications.
- Research and recommend improvements to the organization’s hardware, software and infrastructure.
- Perform daily backup operations, and plan for data recovery scenarios.
- Manage user accounts, creating, updating and removing access as necessary.
- Constantly monitor and assess systems to make sure that processes are operating as designed.
- Troubleshoot errors and fix system issues via periodic testing, help desk tickets, and other methods.
- Collaborate with other IT and operational staff to ensure database integrity, security, and ongoing performance.
- Ensure that hardware is adequately sized and configured; conduct capacity planning scenarios to meet future needs.
- Develop, administer, and maintain policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of all systems.
- Provide support for development processes by participating in data modeling sessions and advising about database design or use of objects.
- Perform hardware and software upgrades.
- Perform database normalization and replication procedures.
- Control and monitor user access.
- Test and install issued patches in conjunction with software providers and vendors or other third parties.
- Develop and maintain expertise through professional associations and professional development opportunities.
- Advise management of new applications or potential system enhancements in support of future requirements.
- Act as a technical resource during other projects as required.
- Perform on site and remote technical support.
- Travel to remote community to perform on site technical support.
- Participate in mentoring and capacity building for support staff and band members in systems administration.
- Conducts all other relevant duties as requested by the General Manager.
- University degree in computer science, software engineering, or computer engineering, or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
- At least 3 years of direct work experience in Systems Administration.
- Strong knowledge of system design, installation, backup, recovery, storage management, methodologies, processes, and tools.
- Able to interpret the operational requirements of end users, project managers, and other stakeholders.
- Ability to write concise and accurate technical documentation.
- Ability to troubleshoot programming changes, errors, and subsequent modifications.
- Systems Administration and or System Engineer certification in Unix and Microsoft.
- Able to stay abreast of current and future technological developments or trends.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Self-starter and highly motivated to make proactive changes.
- Ability to accept and integrate constructive feedback from superiors.
- Effective deadline management and project management skills.
- Knowledge of service level agreements and customer service standards.
- Able to engage in capacity building and mentoring exercises.
- Criminal Records Check Clearance
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Extended to April 5, 2013
SEND RESUMES TO: Sherri Flavel, HR Manager
Indeed - 23 months ago