Tsawout First Nation Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
The culture is stressful and cliquey, with plenty backbiting, and very little work
Band Social Development Worker (Former Employee) –  Saanichton, BC7 May 2017
People who like to work, and accomplish productivity are not appreciated, while if you sit at home, never answer your phone, and stay under the radar, you will stay employed because most likely your family is in C&C. If you care for people, this is not the job for you because the staff tends to lean toward looking like they working while getting paid to do nothing. The new Manager for Public works is amazing. He is the only one who has worked, and keeps the staff busy in his department.
Tsawout Learning House Summer Camp
Summer Camp Leader (Former Employee) –  Saanichton, BC28 April 2016
A typical day at the summer camp was enjoyable. The community is welcoming and enthusiastic. Prior to the start of the camp the leaders would have the opportunities to gain valuable knowledge and experience through workshops and team building lessons. These certainly gave us the skills necessary for problem solving when needed throughout the summer. The management is solid as well as understanding and the co-workers are helpful and created great connections with the campers. The hardest part of the job would have to be the clean up and the most enjoyable part would be the outings and games with the campers.
Enjoyable
Recreation Manager (Current Employee) –  Saanichton, BC1 October 2015
I learned a lot of skills, Organization, how to work with others. I was trained to manage staff and scheduling. Working with people on may different levels. Personally and professionally I have real life long friendships form my experience here. I am a people person and I love the interaction and I always willing to lend a helping hand when ever and where ever I can.
Pros
I was working in my community
Cons
I got cut to part time work
Fun working in a convenience store in a small community.
Thrift Store / Cashier/ Bottle Depot (Former Employee) –  Saanichton, BC6 August 2015
Store set up, building our own custom shelves with cedar and beach wood with varnish coating.
Having coffee ready in the morning and doing cash floats.
Making sure everything on shelves are faced and keeping pop coolers stocked.
Taking cash and debit transactions, credit card transactions.
Cleaning around store maintaining cleanliness.
Sorting and counting bottles in bottle depot.
doing cash out at end of the night and writing a report on my day at work.
I loved working at this store as it was very unique and the area was nice to work in as well.
Pros
Working in my community, not too far from my home.
Cons
When I moved away off the island.