Tryphe Specialty Foods Shop opening in Dunbar Village soon! We sell finest quality meats, seasonal seafood, all natural seasonings and more.
We are looking for long term part time store clerks to join us in our new venture. Duties will include handling meats and seafood, cleaning, display counters, cash & customer service.
The perfect employee for us would be honest, responsible, great with customers and have an eye for cleanliness. We are passionate about gourmet foods and hope you are too!
Prior experience of retailing, cash handling, food handling and Food Safe certification will be a definite asset but not necessary. We will train the right person!
On shift; including opening and closing, weekdays and weekend.
As a Tryphe Specialty Foods Employee, you will create a positive experience for our customers by;
- providing them with welcoming, friendly and helpful customer service.
- identifying and anticipating customer needs and expectations.
- maintaining high quality displays of our products.
- keeping a clean and safe store environment.
You will be responsible for performing all duties and responsibilities of a store clerk and cashier as well as any duties as assigned by Team Lead and Store Leadership. Wage: $10.25/hr.
Summary of Key Employee Responsibilities:
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
1. Providing a pleasant and positive impression to Tryphe customers by;
- providing product information and making suggestions, answering telephone calls with excellent phone etiquette, assisting in overseeing customer flow and ensuring that customer waiting time is limited.
2. Processing sales and cash handling
3. Sharing information with and suggesting products to customers thereby increasing store sales
4. Maintaining Tryphe Specialty Foods high standard of a clean and organized store by;
- restocking the products with close attention to freshness
- preparing, packaging and rotating products as directed
- displaying and maintaining in-stock conditions and appealing appearances throughout the shop
- ensuring proper display of all products, signs and price lists in store
5. Assisting store manager in receiving and inspecting incoming products for freshness and finest quality
6. Adhering to all applicable health and safety procedures by;
- sanitizing all workplace equipment and utensils in a safe and proper manner
- following proper safety procedures and guidelines when using utensils and operating machinery
- safely handling food to Food Safe standard
- following company and regulatory requirements for product packaging and labelling and by ensuring all meats and seafoods are properly packaged/wrapped, weighed, priced and labelled
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and request clarification when needed
- Strong work ethic and integrity
- Effective time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to show respect for and work well with a team
- Ability to examine products for quality and freshness
- Ability to maintain a high standard cleanliness of entire shop
- Ability to stay calm and focused during busy periods
- Completion in Grade 12 or equivalent
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Ability to bend and reach repetitively
- Requires reaching above and below shoulder height
- Requires pushing, pulling, lifting or carrying up to 40 lbs
- Exposure to occasional machinery noises
Thank you for your interest. Please send us your resume with cover letter and indicating your availability.
Tryphe is an ancient Greek word meaning “delicacy, tenderness and elegancy”. Our company’s mission is to promote food culture by providing high-end taste and healthy eating. As people are more focusing on healthy diet, we choose and promote the best quality food for daily consumption. Our mission is to market the finest quality food products produced both locally in BC and all around the world. Our customers can expect the highest standard of customer service, prompt, helpful and courteous.