Trusted Positioning is seeking a senior algorithm designer with a background in electrical engineering, computer engineering, or Geomatics engineering. The successful candidate will work in the research and development department and design algorithms for portable navigation systems using multiple sensors. The focus of the work will be on motion mode recognition. Other tasks will include:
- Conducting research and development related to positioning algorithms for portable navigation using multiple sensor and possibly GNSS/WiFi.
- Developing modules for portable navigation and their conversion to ANSI C code with optimization, modularization and maintenance.
- Conducting research and development for motion mode recognition and using it to enhance the performance of portable navigation by using sensors in portable and wearable devices.
- Developing modules for motion mode recognition such as: (i) detection of walking, running, cycling, driving or riding in an automobile, and riding on a transportation platform (such as a bus or train); (ii) detection of being stationary or non-stationary on a moving or motionless platform; (iii) detection of height changing modes such as being on elevator, standing on escalator, walking on escalator, or walking on stairs; (iv) detection of different types of on foot motion such as walking on normal ground, walking on a conveyor, or standing on a conveyor; (v) detection of complex modes such as walking on another transportation platform such as bus or train. Converting these modules to ANSI C code with optimization, modularization and maintenance.
- Development of data conversion/analysis/demo tools.
- Documentation of the different developed modules.
Required Skills & Experience
- Must have obtained or be working towards a PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Geomatics Engineering or related field of study.
- Minimum 2 years of research experience (at least one of which should be industry experience) in the portable and indoor navigation field using sensors in mobile and wearable devices.
- Minimum one year of research experience in motion mode recognition used to enhance the performance of portable navigation using sensors in portable and wearable devices.
- Strong MATLAB development skills required.
- Strong ANSI C/C++ development and debugging skills required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Team Foundation Server required.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of inertial navigation systems with emphasis on MEMS.
- Good knowledge of GNSS and Wi-Fi positioning algorithms.
- Deep knowledge of integrated navigation systems. Preferably 2 or more years experience.
- Deep knowledge of pattern recognition, machine learning, and classification techniques.
- Experience in writing patents, technical reports, as well as conference and journal papers.
- Experience in giving public presentations at scientific conferences.
- Strong English writing skills and ability to create/modify technical design documents, manuals and release notes.
- Must be able to work in a small and dynamic team environment.
Bonus Skills, but not required:
- Ability to collect experimental data for portable navigation for walking, running, cycling, and driving.
- Overall compensation package including salary, bonus, stock options, benefits.
- Total yearly compensation ~ $65,000 to $105,000 (based on qualifications of individual).