Our client has earned a reputation as a leading provider of employer benefit design, delivery, and administration services across the country. This client is a leading Canadian company in providing benefits, pension administration and benefits consulting services to Trust Funds.
The Web Application Developer will be a senior member of a team that will develop a variety of web based applications and will utilize his/ her keen interest, enthusiasm and experience to help deliver cost-effective and timely solutions for the organization.
- Participate in the coding, unit-testing, implementation and support of web applications technologies in a heterogeneous technology environment
- Develops an understanding of the business and technical needs of a project
- Identifies gaps in their own knowledge and actively seeks out assistance from senior team members in order to effectively deliver high quality solutions and services in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensure that solutions meet both business and technical requirements, including performance, maintainability and stability
- Work with third party and offshore shore teams as needed
- Manage or coordinate small to medium projects from initiation through planning, requirements, construction to implementation and post-implementation reviews
- Support implementations with occasional weekend and evening work.
- Knowledge and understanding of the complete SDLC
- Customer and results focused - able to understand and act based on their needs
- Analysis and problem solving - ability to breakdown business and requirements into more detail in order to create a Development Plan and Unit test Plan
- Teamwork - ability to work collaboratively with others (technical and non-technical partners or team members)
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) - ability to express ideas, thoughts and questions so that it can be understood by various audiences and meets the customers' needs
- Self-motivated and service-oriented, a self-starter
- Good organizational, multi-tasking and time management skills with ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively to technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to quickly ramp-up on new technologies or systems
Technical Skills and qualifications:
- Must Have: strong technical skills, with at least 3-7 years experience in web application development using some or all of the following technologies - HTML, CSS, .NET, MVC, C#, JS, Ajax, MS SQL and Visual Studio Team Server.
- Good understanding of web based applications, CRM (MS Dynamics) and client server technologies
- Nice to have: Experience with some/several of the following: Mobile application development experience,
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Indeed - 10 months ago