True Religion Brand Jeans

True Religion Brand Jeans Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Ok Company, Upper Management Needs Improvement
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), NYAugust 28, 2013
Pros: great discount
Cons: unorganized
Great experience for the most part, upper management could use some improvement in communication and organization.
Salemen
Salesmen (Current Employee), Syracuse NY Destiny USAAugust 19, 2013
Pros: great job
Cons: not enough hours
Assist customers with what they may be interested in during their shop at True religion. Always being an active listener and friend so that customer feels comfortable.
Fun and friendly workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Bluffton, SCAugust 7, 2013
Enjoy working with people. Helping to meet the customer's needs.
Laid Back and Competitive environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Nashville, TNJuly 2, 2013
I love the team I work with. We're pushed to become great sales associates and skilled in clientele work.
New company, still working out the kinks
sales associate (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 30, 2013
Pros: fun store
Cons: highly unorganized
Fairly new company, still working out the kinks so the management team(s) and professional environment can be highly unorganized at times.
Customer focused environment
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMay 7, 2013
Loved working for True Religion. I had fantastic managers that not only supported me but helped me grow as a manager. True Religion was excellent with their quality training and helped me become detailed. I was focused on educating customers on the value of our product.
Great energy in the store
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZApril 8, 2013
Recent management changes have put a dampen on things, but there are some amazing people that work there and have learned a vast magnitude in regards to the retail industry.
I would not recommend anyone working for True Religion
Part Time Sales Associate (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 3, 2013
Pros: the discount, nice co-workers
Cons: managerial politics, no advancement and no life except working at true religion
A typical day at work is usually just engaging with the customers. Most if not all customers that shop at True Religion are really fun to talk to and joke around with. On a slow day the managers expect you to task. Mainly folding jeans all day and censoring new merchandise. Unless you are a tasker and like to keep tyourselves busy on a slow day, then – more... this job is not for you.
What I learned is that basically a sales associate's complaints will go ignored. A sales associate is nothing more than a civilian to a supervisor. They tell you your opinions matter, but in actuality it doesn't. I have complained about a certain manager's unethical and unprofessional ways of dealing with her emotional outbursts by being verbally abusive to her sales associates, more than once. But my complaints have fell on deaf ears.The managers treat the sales associates with the attitude of dealing with a high school juvenile. It doesn't matter if you are 25 or 30. In their eyes you are lower than them so expect to be treated like you are stupid.
The only upside from my experience is the coworkers. I have met truly nice and genuine coworkers while working their.
The hardest part of the job is dealing within close quarters (especially if you work at a small, boutique type True Religion store) with certain clashing personalities. Since the shifts are mostly just one manager and sales associate per shift, you really need to try to get along with some managers you don't see eye to eye with. It will be hard on some but as long as the manager is a professional and knows how to deal with the situation without resorting to yelling and crying on the sales floor , then I think that manager is a god send. Also building a clientele is like pulling teeth at this company. Since you are only selling upscale jeans, most people will not take you too seriously when you ask them to give you their personal information. Oh yeah, and the higher ups expect you to have no life outside of True Religion. If you want hours then expect to have no social life. If you have a second job or are going to school, then you are basically hired but won't really be working at the store you were hired at. You will basically be on-call or seasonal depending on how busy the store that hired you.

The most enjoyable part of the job is selling. Especially if you have a customer who wants to buy 5 plus items. Also reaching your personal sales goal is nice too. – less
Fun and enjoyable days at work
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NevadaFebruary 23, 2013
Pros: staff, brand, pay
Cons: short breaks, pay
A typical day at work was making our selling goals but co workers and management made it enjoyable and less stressful. The hardest part of the job was not getting a sell even when you did your best. I learned how to deal with different situations when it comes to customers and just stay positive.
Growing Company
Key Holder/Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIFebruary 14, 2013
Pros: growing company, great benefits
Cons: commission reliant, too much responsibilities
Behind all the neatly folded jeans, there is constant training focused on building the associates as well as the constant upkeep of the products. Working in a small store, I realized that although I was signed on as a Key Holder, I took upon responsibilities of that of an Assistant Manager. In a commission based environment, your individual sales determines – more... your paycheck. Given the increase of responsibilities, it is important to make time to create your sales. The challenge here lies in finding the balance of completing given tasks within a certain time frame, ensuring that your own staff also has the opportunity to sell, all of which is ensuring there is a high morale maintained in the store. – less
Good energy and team but flaws
Sales Associate / Floor Setter / Cashier (Current Employee), Grand Prairie, TexasFebruary 14, 2013
Pros: work=$, discounts, it's a job
Cons: few co-workers, rude customers, hours.
I come to work, and that's what I do. A typical day to me is having to have met my expectations whether they are reachable or not considering my terrible scheduling.. But what I have learned is that it is retail, and my first retail job at that. The Brand in it self is great, to me they mean a good premium american brand to me that is supported by a – more... mass following of denim-heads.
Co-workers I work with are great, the 80% of them that is. I'm upset with some of the managing and how they act towards the Co-workers doing the real work vs. them being uptight and so power hungry.
The hardest part of the job for me is dealing with some of the Managers which is not only me because there are multiple employees quitting because of them.
The most enjoyment I receive at work is helping others, story of my life. Whether it be to help a customer to find some awesome jeans or an outfit for that night so they can look good to helping one of my coworkers by getting them some food or medicine cause they aren't feeling well, Broad subject for myself.
But I enjoy it, the people, the stories, and the new faces I get to see coming into the location. – less
Terrible job
Sales Associate (Current Employee), City of Sunrise, FLDecember 5, 2012
Pros: good discount
Cons: unprofessional management
Barely any hours. Unprofessional management. Immature staff. Your checks aren't even half enough to buy the product. Do not expect any checks over $150 per week. This is only good for highschool kids and people looking for only a LITTLE extra cash. I recieved an award for top sales and didn't even get a raise.
fun retail job for a part time seeker
Sales (Former Employee), Bridgewater, NJNovember 19, 2012
its a great company to work for, sales quota , customer service
A client based clothing store with a rich culture.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Northbrook, ILSeptember 21, 2012
A store with below average traffic. the store is not design for heavy traffic but more so designed for one on one clientele an a intimate knowledge of the product. The co- workers are very fashionable and hip to pop culture. Everyone loved working there and we all got along great.
Cool overall
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Glendale, CAAugust 31, 2012
Very cool workplace, relaxed, and fun. Management is usually very motivating. Hardest part of the job would be the overwork for the underpay. The easiest would be that it's just another retail job.
Fun workplace
Assistant Store manager (Current Employee), Wrentham, MAJune 22, 2012
If you work hard you will get to the places that you want too. They love to promote within. Fun customers and fun staff, great product and love that they are american made

About True Religion Brand Jeans

Who knew you could find religion just by throwing open the doors to your closet? True Religion Apparel designs and markets upscale – Read more

True Religion Brand Jeans Photos