Truck Dispatcher (Surrey BC)
PR Dhaliwal Trucking Ltd.
NOC : Truck Dispatcher (1475)
Positions Available: 1
Type: Full-Time (Permanent)
Minimum Education: 3-4 Years Experience
Language : Basic English
A reliable trucking company based in Surrey seeking an experienced dispatcher to manage and schedule Highway runs, to ensure our retail sites are never without product.
- Participate in and support driver retention initiatives for 50+ drivers
- Maintain fair and equitable distribution of work
- Communicate dispatch information as required
- Maintain driver relations
- Monitor driver performance
- Assist with the development of the required driver skills i.e.: Customs, Hazmat, hours of service, policy, regulations, satellites, etc.
- Assist with solutions regarding any driver concerns
- Assist with driver inquiries - payroll, miles etc.
- Update customer websites relative to the position/shift
- Communicate & problem solve with railways and customers as required
- Manage gate appointments with railways as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of truckload; team or local dispatch an asset
- ACE and Customs/border crossing experience a must
- Knowledge or LMS, Ryder and TMS websites
- Strong attention to detail
- Good communications skills (written and verbal)
- Strong self-discipline and initiative
- Creative and effective problem solving ability
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Intermediate level computer skills and proficient keyboarding
If you feel you have the knowledge and experience required to successfully fill this position please forward your resume and cover letter
Indeed - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Kenworth Truck Company, a division of PACCAR Inc., is a leading manufacturer of heavy and medium duty trucks. Kenworth is the recipient of...