Truck Dispatcher (Surrey BC)
PR Dhaliwal Trucking Ltd.
NOC : Truck Dispatcher (1475)
Positions Available: 1
Type: Full-Time (Permanent)
Minimum Education: 3-4 Years Experience
Language : Basic English
A reliable trucking company based in Surrey seeking an experienced dispatcher to manage and schedule Highway runs, to ensure our retail sites are never without product.
- Participate in and support driver retention initiatives for 50+ drivers
- Maintain fair and equitable distribution of work
- Communicate dispatch information as required
- Maintain driver relations
- Monitor driver performance
- Assist with the development of the required driver skills i.e.: Customs, Hazmat, hours of service, policy, regulations, satellites, etc.
- Assist with solutions regarding any driver concerns
- Assist with driver inquiries - payroll, miles etc.
- Update customer websites relative to the position/shift
- Communicate & problem solve with railways and customers as required
- Manage gate appointments with railways as required
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of truckload; team or local dispatch an asset
- ACE and Customs/border crossing experience a must
- Knowledge or LMS, Ryder and TMS websites
- Strong attention to detail
- Good communications skills (written and verbal)
- Strong self-discipline and initiative
- Creative and effective problem solving ability
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Intermediate level computer skills and proficient keyboarding
If you feel you have the knowledge and experience required to successfully fill this position please forward your resume and cover letter
Kenworth Truck Company, a division of PACCAR Inc., is a leading manufacturer of heavy and medium duty trucks. Kenworth is the recipient of...