Trotter & Morton Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
very poor work atmosphere. backwards management.
HVAC Tech (Current Employee), VariousMarch 10, 2015
Pros: free breakfast once a year.
Cons: very poor atmosphere. no learning opportunities.
Starting out here you will be given the worst jobs. If you ask questions for academic purposes you will be slandered, especially if they don't know the answer. Management is extremely unprofessional, tacky, and gauche. There is plenty of drama to go around for everyone at Trotter and Morton. You will never receive support from those that work in the office. They have one of the worst safety programs in the city. You can go to over 90% of the sites that have workers there and there will be no implementation of safety protocols and policies. If you make friends with the wrong person, you will be treated poorly and disrespectfully. Its definitely a popularity contest and it feels not much different than high school.
well organized
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: great organization.
I worked on a major project employing several hundred electricians. This is obviously not an easy accomplishment, the management and supervisors work well to provide the workers with clear instruction and expectations of the job tasks.
It was a comfortable work environment with co-workers coming together as a team
Good company
1st Year Electrical Apprentice (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJuly 7, 2014
Pros: health insurance packages
Cons: low team morale
I enjoyed working for the company. Very friendly supervisors, good benefits and competitive wages. Low team morale.
Production over Safety, Zero respect towards workers, Large Foreign Worker Employee Base.
pipefitter, plumber, gasfitter (Former Employee), Calgary, ABFebruary 18, 2014
Trotter & Morton was a horrible experience.

-foreman cared more about production than safety of workers.

-foreman gave zero respect to the workers and looked down upon workers. direct quote from a foreman there "be safe, but more importantly we expect a lot of production"

-they would rather hire foreign workers than work on their site safety so Canadians would want to work at their sites.
Would work for them again
APPRENTICE ELECTRICIAN (Former Employee), Calgary, ABDecember 27, 2013
I was a 1st and 2nd year apprentice while working for this company.
My typical day was helping anyone who needed it and learning what I could about the trade.
I got to learn many different aspects of my job and as a 2nd year I was given the opportunity to run a small crew doing slab work on a tower downtown. The company liked what I did and offered to have me run the slab crews on their next tower once I got out of school as a 3rd year.
My co-workers were helpful and friendly in my learning processes.
The hardest part of my job was being thrown into situations that I had never seen before and being told that I was the one that had to figure it out, make it work, and make it up to code and standards for the company and job. It was a struggle at times, only being a 2nd year, but it forced me to learn very quickly how to do things correctly and efficiently.
The most enjoyable part about the jobs was learning new things.
Good job to have
Journeyman (Current Employee), PCIJune 17, 2013
Trotter is a great company to work for they pay very well and generally they are the top paying company in town. They like large jobs, which can be taken either way. Just work show up have a good attitude and you'll be fine.
Not my first choice...
Electrician (Former Employee), Calgary, ABOctober 17, 2012
Cons: thinking there was room for opportunity.
My first job with Trotter & Morton was a great experience, it really led me to believe they were an employee oriented type company. That was not the case by the second job. Their layoffs tactics were ambiguous to say the least and the game of favorites really stood out. Little opportunity to move up within this company. I learned very little in comparison to other companies and worked with Trotter for a longer period. Decent pay but that's about it.