We’re looking for disciplined all-star developers with talent for web-based UI development to join our team and spearhead next-generation initiatives from start to finish.
This is an opportunity to join a friendly and tight-knit group of talented developers with broad experience in GIS and web-based application development. You will be a key contributor to our software stack and your work will be reflected directly in the end-product used by thousands of customers.
Our platform is highly scalable and deployed in a cloud infrastructure requiring development be designed with these constraints in mind. The chosen candidate should demonstrate high-motivation, a natural curiosity and an ability to ‘wear many hats’. Above all we’re looking for resourceful individuals whom are passionate about application development and are quick and keen to pick up and learn whatever tools they need to get the job done.
Must be willing to relocate to Ottawa, Ontario
Must be fluent in spoken English
- Essential: Computer Science degree or equivalent work experience
- Essential: extensive experience with web technologies & best practices (5+ years)
- Essential: excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Desirable: server-side programming experience Python, PHP, Java
- Desirable: asynchronous programming experience and writing & using REST-style APIs
- Desirable: familiarity with NoSQL & SQL relational databases
- Bonus: Android, IOS mobile development experience
- Bonus: aesthetic & design sense with passion for usability and simplicity
- Bonus: GIS experience both with traditional tools & web-based mapping API’s
Awesomeness trumps formal qualifications - be ready to provide examples of your previous work.
Troo provides a cloud based platform for M2M and Location Intelligence Service Delivery that provides enterprises with the tools and services to enable their systems and products with realtime intelligence from connected devices and situational data. Troo Corporation, a private SaaS Solutions company established in 2004, currently serves resource tracking customers in 50 countries in many different industries such as aviation tracking, emergency response systems, fleet management, fixed asset/systems monitoring, stolen vehicle recovery, UBI and spatial GIS analytics/publishing. With its advanced connected device management platform and trooM2M data interchange services, Troo leads the industry in its extensive support of CDMA/GPRS/Satcom connected devices and its unique fusion of telematic and GIS technologies in one unified platform.
Troo Corporation, a privately-held M2M Location Intelligence PaaS (Platform-as-a-Service) Solutions company established in 2004, has global...