Program Coordinator for Not-for-Profit
Full Time Position: 37.5 hours per week
Competitive salary and benefits package
In accordance with the vision of the Triwood Community Association to be the Heart of the Community, this position is responsible for the planning and promoting of recreational, social and leisure activities/programs and events for the Triwood Community Association. New initiatives recently include building the Triwood Community Garden with the community garden committee. Triwood also offers a summer market and coordinating the vendors for the market will be a significant part of this job.
- Plan, organize, promote and evaluate programs designed to meet the changing needs of the community population
- Maintain social media sites, update and maintain association website and prepare a monthly community newsletter
- Prepare events calendar and budgets, including revenue and expense projections; purchase supplies as needed while staying within budget
- Organize and promote special events and weekly programming. Use various marketing techniques to generate high attendance for programs.
- Collaborate with the management team to promote programs and leverage opportunities within the community. Identify opportunities to partner with the community to expand and enhance program offerings. Build strong internal and external community relationships.
- Seek out and hire instructors and contractors. Ensure contractual obligations are met, and revise or terminate contracts as necessary.
- Recruit volunteers for events and programs. Develop and deliver orientation and training for volunteers.
- Perform administrative duties such as returning phone calls and emails, keeping event statistics, helping maintain equipment and keeping inventory
- Coordinate the Triwood Community Garden activities
- Act as Market Manager for the weekly Summer Market
- Research and apply for grants and sponsorships (specific to this role)
Required skills and knowledge:
- Proven ability to coordinate, administer, implement, promote and evaluate multiple recreational and social programs and events
- Experience delivering social programs and special events to adults, youth, children, families and seniors; direct facilitation and training experience would be an asset
- Experience marketing and recruiting
- Proven budget management and event planning skills
- Ability to develop and maintain effective cooperative relationships
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- High degree of administrative skills, resourcefulness and attention to detail
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office required, including Publisher)
- Able to work a flexible schedule
- Above all a professional, friendly, and highly motivated team player is required for this position
Desired training and certificates:
- Bachelor’s degree in recreation, leisure, tourism, hospitality or related field
- 2 years of experience preferred
- First Aid and CPR C
- Police Record Check
- Valid Driver’s License required and own vehicle an asset
If you are interested, please send your cover letter and resume to Penny Mellor.
Indeed - 5 months ago