Global Vintners Inc., a subsidiary of Andrew Peller Limited, is the leading manufacturer of premium consumer-made wine kits distributed through a wide network of Authorized Retailers across Canada, US, UK, Australia and New Zealand. Our commitment to excellence and dedication to delivering the highest quality products in the winemaking market has made us the world’s foremost supplier of premium wine kits. Our careful sourcing of supply, combined with state-of-the-art processing facilities and stringent quality control procedures continues to set the industry standard.
We are seeking a driven and solution oriented Production Supervisor to join our Western Production Team. This role requires the ability to work a steady afternoon shift. Preference will be given to those candidates who currently reside in the Lower Mainland area.
The successful candidate will be accountable for:
- Provide leadership and direction including performance management and motivational support to the Production Team
- Ensure that quality standards and production efficiencies are maintained
- Promote and maintain a safe work environment through the implementation of the Health & Safety Committee recommendations and by providing appropriate employee training
- Maintain equipment, machinery and production buildings
- Drive continuous improvement through the development and implementation of standard operating procedures and key performance measures
- Participate in the development of annual operating expense and capital budgets
- Execution of new package development initiatives
- Responsible for recruiting and hiring of personnel to appropriately cover changes in the workload
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications/skills:
- Extensive mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting experience
- 5-10 years’ experience in a food processing / packaging environment
- Proven experience in leading and motivating people
- Experience in the following area; packaging and materials handling, purchasing and inventory control, production scheduling, and expense budgeting and capital planning/execution
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Extensive knowledge of quality control systems, sanitation practices, and GMP’s
- Proficient computer skills
Interested applicants should forward a detailed resume with cover letter outlining their qualifications no later than December 20, 2013.
Please quote the position in the subject line of your email.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest. Those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted by Human Resources. In accordance with the company’s “Employment of Relatives Policy” immediate family of employees who currently work for Andrew Peller Limited or any of its subsidiaries are not eligible for (re) hire.