We are seeking a dynamic, senior sales person with a unique combination of competencies, skills and experience to spearhead the development, execution, and post analysis of retail chain specific marketing programs for our Northern Alberta Retail chains. The ideal candidate will guide and direct the overall account management and sales operations within a group of retail chain accounts. Preference will be given to candidates that reside in the territory.
The successful candidate will be accountable for:
- Work with APL Retail Sales team to ensure volume, distribution, promotional, and overall APL merchandising standards are effectively implemented and executed
- Guide and facilitate exclusive/custom marketing programming for retail chain accounts to achieve competitive advantage
- Support Western Retail Key Account Manager to facilitate sales strategies at store level
- Formalizing best in class relationships with senior members of Retail Chain team
- Maintain and develop APL relationships with key decision makers and business partners
- Monitor, communicate and recommend solutions regarding competitor activities and developments
- Work with National & Regional Marketing on programming and promotion development, execution and evaluation
- Ensure APL revenue expectations are achieved across chain accounts
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications/skills:
- University/college diploma in a related field with a specialization in sales or marketing
- Minimum 5 years of direct-selling and account management experience
- 5+ years’ experience as a sales or marketing representative in a related field
- Exemplary leadership & customer service skills; including communication, product knowledge, problem solving, and attention to detail
- Flexibility for evening and weekend training and sales function activities
- Ability to forge strong professional relationships quickly
- Strong analytical mind required along with solid Microsoft Excel/Word/PowerPoint skills
- Wine experience and knowledge essential
A detailed Job Profile is attached.
Application Deadline: Interested applicants should forward a detailed resume with cover letter outlining their qualifications no later than October 14, 2013.
Please quote the position title in the subject line of your email.
We are conducting an internal and external search simultaneously. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest. Those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted by Human Resources. In accordance with the company’s “Employment of Relatives Policy” immediate family of employees who currently work for Andrew Peller Limited or any of its subsidiaries are not eligible for (re) hire.