TRIUMF Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Caution to people who apply at this place!!!!
Foreman (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 August 2017
Management and the HR department don't stick up for the employees. BULLYING is a big problem in this organization, management and HR just turn a blind eye to this issue. This department in particular is dysfunctional, decision making is all over the map and those who are suppose to be 'senior' don't seem to really know what they're doing. Then again management doesn't really seem to care about quality work, so if you're just looking to collect a pay check, then you just might fit in nicely. BUT WATCH YOUR BACK!!!!!
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
management and HR
Good workplace
Electron Linear Accelerator Engineer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 August 2016
9-5 typical work, learned alot about the facility and ongoing projects at the time. Management is decent but definitely needs improvement. Coworkers are great, organizing occasional outing such as hikes and etc. However, it was not the best location to work.
Worked with brilliant minds.
Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC29 July 2015
I got a chance to work with some of the most brilliant minds of my generation and the generation leading our particle physics and nuclear physics research.
Working construction was more interesting for me than sitting in front of a computer waiting for 10,000 calculations to compute.
At points I was notably lacking guidance in what I should have been working on.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Programming is boring