Dispatcher, Freight Division
Triton Transport is a progressive heavy haul transportation company providing services throughout North America with operations in British Columbia and Alberta.
We are seeking an experienced and progressive team player to fill the role of Dispatcher of the Freight Division. This key position will report to the Operations Manager and will work directly with the Freight Manager and its drivers.
Working out of the Edmonton office, this position will facilitate the coordination of transportation and delivery of freight loads; understand the required permitting and U.S. DOT regulations; monitor and generate truck revenue and promote safety awareness and compliance. The successful candidate will have opportunity to contribute and develop process and operational improvements.
The successful candidate must meet the following essential qualifications and requirements:
- Grade 12 plus a minimum of one (1) year of related experience supplemented with business/admin. courses or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs and industry tracking software and communications systems
- Experience with Axon and Shaw Communications would be considered an asset
- Ability to use sound judgment and make independent decisions
- Ability to handle a heavy workload and work effectively with interruptions and changing priorities
- Ability to provide accurate and thorough information to drivers and the public
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
Interested candidates are required to complete the online “General” application form on our website http://www.tritontransport.com/careers/current-openings and attach a cover letter, stating your salary expectations, and your resume. For a full list of duties please refer to the job description that is posted on the website.
Please note that employment with Triton Transport Ltd. is subject to satisfactory background and employment verification checks. This posting will remain active until the position has been filled. Please contact Julie Burgess, Human Resources Manager @ 1-800-616-7887 (260) if you have any questions.
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.