Accounting Assistant, Regular Full-time
Triton Transport is a leading edge heavy haul company dedicated to providing a premium service to the oil & gas, mining and construction industries within Canada and the U.S. Triton Transport places a huge emphasis on its employees and strives to create an environment that is respectful and career oriented.
We will be relocating to Chilliwack, BC in the Spring of 2014.
We are looking for a dedicated, self-motivated and detailed –oriented individual to fill our new Full-time Accounting Assistant position. This position will be responsible for Accounts Receivable functions such as: processing credit applications, posting payments, making collection calls, daily bank reconciliations and deposits. Other responsibilities will be: assisting with accounts payable, reception relief and general administrative support such as filing and data entry, faxing and scanning documents.
- Completion of a minimum of one (1) year of post secondary in an accounting program plus a minimum of three (3) years of relevant work experience in accounting or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Sound knowledge and experience in Accounts Receivable
- Knowledge of accepted accounting rules, practices, tax laws, and reporting requirements
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs: Word, Excel and Outlook
- Knowledge and experience using financial accounting information systems
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently
- Able to work well under pressure and meet set deadlines
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures
- Attention to detail and accuracy in all areas of work
- Strong personal integrity and work ethic
Triton Transport Ltd. offers competitive salary package, an exceptional work environment, and career advancement opportunities. For more information please contact Julie Burgess, Manager of HR & Communications @ 1-800-616-7887 (260) or visit our website @ tritontransport.com. This posting will remain active until the position has been filled. We are committed to employment equity and we thank all applicants in advance for their interest, however; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Triton Transport is a leading edge heavy haul company dedicated to providing a premium service to the oil & gas, mining and construction...