Triton Security Employee Reviews

it has its ups and downs
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CA2 December 2017
jops pays well , has good hours , some friendly people , good team work , schedule is flexible , overtime is always available , great way to better you communication skills
Nope
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL21 November 2017
Was assigned to a 2 star hotel in the middle of the ghetto for low pay (10$/hour) to work a 12 hour shift. You were in what was basically a crack motel with constant prostitution, purse snatchers, perverts flashing their junk, drugs and feces all over the parking lot, and constant fights. Cops were no help. They would come in and make a u-turn the minute they see something shady. Only 2 were like robocop going in there and leaving with 3 to 4 guys in the backseat.

The pay comes every two weeks and there is constant errors. They pay you based on telephone clock ins and they were shorting me every week between 1 to 4 hours of overtime while I was there. I had one night off where they lied and told me six people called off and they were desperate, but then a supervisor tells me the manager lied that only one person called off.

There is also no privacy. You have to download an app to your phone called Guard One. The application has GPS Tracking on it so they know where you are at all hours of the day. It is a complete invasion of your privacy when you're off duty. They do this so that when they try to call you in and you say you're not available they ask you what you're doing since the GPS shows you're at home.

If you work for this company then get a separate phone for business purposes only and shut it off once you go off duty.
Pros
Cons
Management Lies, Payroll is wrong every 2 weeks
Not a good company
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VA20 November 2017
Just never had any support. I was told I would work at one place and then was sent over an hour away to work. I was stuck there for 3 years before I just left the company.
Pros
Cons
To many to list.
Horrible company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA9 November 2017
Please do not work for Triton. They procrastinate about paying you. It has been several employees who wasn't paid me included. No reliable management,no reliable employees. They underpay you.please find another company.
Cons
No on site management
good company
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Wakefield25 October 2017
triton security ltd are a good company to work for they offer training and work as a team on all kinds of sites plus you can gain NVQ LEVELS TOO from them I would recmend any one to work for them
Not bad for part time
Assist in emergency conditions (Former Employee) –  Maryland10 October 2017
I was only part time not bad management needs improvement. Needs to listen to employees complaints. Will not let employee handle situations. Most of the time ok place to work
Pros
Peacefull
Cons
releaf people late
F**king horrible
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV7 October 2017
This company is such a sorry excuse for "security." No benefits, low pay, you PAY for your work shirt $30, they move you from site to site, horrible managers.
Pros
lots of hours to work
Cons
everything else
Great Security company to work for!
Unarmed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VA23 August 2017
This company is very professional! They look out for their employees and work with there personal schedules to find the right site to accommodate. Great company!
Horrible management and no time off
DHL Package Screener (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VA3 August 2017
I will give this company credit for giving me a higher pay, but that's about all I can give them. Management at my site was sincerely horrible - Worked at a DHL screening site in NoVa and when I finished everything there was to do, they made me pretend to do work so the boss watching over cameras wouldn't get mad. I'm talking about picking up and putting down boxes for no reason at all... Every time I requested time off, my Triton manager claimed he was working on hiring more employees and would get back to me. Of the 4 times I asked in advance to get time off, every single time I was told I was not allowed. Someone literally crapped inside site property... twice I think. Needless to say, 10/10 would not recommend.
Pros
Some coworkers were cool
Cons
Everything else
This was a great job
Special Police Officer (Former Employee) –  McLean, VA5 July 2017
I had a great time working with this company. Triton was very good in every aspect. Great pay, great benefits, great site. I don't think I would've ever left Triton of it wasn't for me losing my vehicle and having to get a job that was metro accessible.
Pros
Great pay, great site, free meals.
Cons
Wasn't metro accessible

Want to know more about Triton Security?

Ask a question
Busy Floater
Security Officer (Floater) (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VA9 April 2017
I have been a floater for years. As long as you come to work do your job you WILL always have a job with Triton. Triton will always keep you very bus
good comapny
Security Manager Mandarin Oriental Hotel (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DC28 March 2017
good people good company work is standard security, training provided, uniforms always replaced no issues at all. QA staff to assist as needed. Always people willing to work
kept me working, long distances, poor management.
Licensed Security Officer (unarmed) (Former Employee) –  Dc, Maryland, Virginia5 February 2017
while i will give the company its credit for trying to keep its officers working, however lack of good MGMNT and much miscommunication between supervisors.
It's security
Concierge/Unarmed SPO (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VA4 February 2017
Overall its a great company I been employed with them for 3 years now and my only complaint with them is that my pay have fluctuated since I been there I started at a good wage went up a few dollars. Then when my site changed I went back to my starting wage thus the reason I must move forward. So hopefully I can get into a career that is focused around my degree.
Better than the rest.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC14 October 2016
I had already been doing security for a while when Triton Security took over the contract where I work. They demonstrated a level of quality and value appropriate for this field of work. It was nice to work for a company that demonstrated the kind of integrity they solicited.
Pros
Consistent work
Cons
Boring job
A company without skills and values
mobile officer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV13 October 2016
In Las Vegas this is one of the worst companies to work for. They are disorganized, you have to pick up your paycheck meaning no direct deposit. There's no set post orders for sites and you would be lucky to find out what you make an hour. They lied to me saying I would make $11 but made $9.50 an hour. They dont have holiday pay which I have never heard of a company doing. The supervisors are dumb as rock. The only two good things is you get a nice black work shirt and reading the emails that get sent to everyone are entertaining like when the boss says he will dock your pay if you dont email your daily reports.
Dont waste your time with this company. I quit when I saw my paycheck. 0 stars if I could of put that.
I think the reviews on this company that has 3 stars or more are fake.
Pros
nice black shirt
Cons
everything like pay, supervisors, no direct deposit, no holiday pay
Fun workplace
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NM4 May 2016
There were some ups and downs. management was good, no problems. Stayed busy at all times, always available when needed. Until they shut down.
outstand Work place
Security Officer (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VA7 October 2015
Triton is a very outstanding company to start off entry-level and to help you expand knowledge and unique training skills. I've gained so many experience while working on different shifts. working with my co worker is one of the most important thing to me, Because as team we put so much effort together in what we do to handle problems as one. The hardest part of the job was staying strong as a security officer to maintain many different incident and problems that accrue on the jobs. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to meet different people and to show my awesome customer service skill in every way I could possible think of. I enjoy working with different people to learn and gain more from them as well.
it is productive.
Security officer at double tree by hilton (Current Employee) –  300 army navy dr, Arlington VA.29 July 2015
double tree hotel is a lovely place to work, the hotel take good care of their employees for example, employees working night shift are entitled to free break fast. co-workers have good interpersonal relationship with guests.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  College Park, MD27 April 2015
They have good sites, but some of them needs better management.
The job has its ups and downs but it has a lot change to come.