Triton Security Employee Reviews

Horrible management and no time off
DHL Package Screener (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VA3 August 2017
I will give this company credit for giving me a higher pay, but that's about all I can give them. Management at my site was sincerely horrible - Worked at a DHL screening site in NoVa and when I finished everything there was to do, they made me pretend to do work so the boss watching over cameras wouldn't get mad. I'm talking about picking up and putting down boxes for no reason at all... Every time I requested time off, my Triton manager claimed he was working on hiring more employees and would get back to me. Of the 4 times I asked in advance to get time off, every single time I was told I was not allowed. Someone literally crapped inside site property... twice I think. Needless to say, 10/10 would not recommend.
Pros
Some coworkers were cool
Cons
Everything else
This was a great job
Special Police Officer (Former Employee) –  McLean, VA5 July 2017
I had a great time working with this company. Triton was very good in every aspect. Great pay, great benefits, great site. I don't think I would've ever left Triton of it wasn't for me losing my vehicle and having to get a job that was metro accessible.
Pros
Great pay, great site, free meals.
Cons
Wasn't metro accessible
Busy Floater
Security Officer (Floater) (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VA9 April 2017
I have been a floater for years. As long as you come to work do your job you WILL always have a job with Triton. Triton will always keep you very bus
good comapny
Security Manager Mandarin Oriental Hotel (Current Employee) –  Washington City, DC28 March 2017
good people good company work is standard security, training provided, uniforms always replaced no issues at all. QA staff to assist as needed. Always people willing to work
kept me working, long distances, poor management.
Licensed Security Officer (unarmed) (Former Employee) –  Dc, Maryland, Virginia5 February 2017
while i will give the company its credit for trying to keep its officers working, however lack of good MGMNT and much miscommunication between supervisors.
Better than the rest.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC14 October 2016
I had already been doing security for a while when Triton Security took over the contract where I work. They demonstrated a level of quality and value appropriate for this field of work. It was nice to work for a company that demonstrated the kind of integrity they solicited.
Pros
Consistent work
Cons
Boring job
A company without skills and values
mobile officer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV13 October 2016
In Las Vegas this is one of the worst companies to work for. They are disorganized, you have to pick up your paycheck meaning no direct deposit. There's no set post orders for sites and you would be lucky to find out what you make an hour. They lied to me saying I would make $11 but made $9.50 an hour. They dont have holiday pay which I have never heard of a company doing. The supervisors are dumb as rock. The only two good things is you get a nice black work shirt and reading the emails that get sent to everyone are entertaining like when the boss says he will dock your pay if you dont email your daily reports.
Dont waste your time with this company. I quit when I saw my paycheck. 0 stars if I could of put that.
I think the reviews on this company that has 3 stars or more are fake.
Pros
nice black shirt
Cons
everything like pay, supervisors, no direct deposit, no holiday pay
Fun workplace
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NM4 May 2016
There were some ups and downs. management was good, no problems. Stayed busy at all times, always available when needed. Until they shut down.
outstand Work place
Security Officer (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VA7 October 2015
Triton is a very outstanding company to start off entry-level and to help you expand knowledge and unique training skills. I've gained so many experience while working on different shifts. working with my co worker is one of the most important thing to me, Because as team we put so much effort together in what we do to handle problems as one. The hardest part of the job was staying strong as a security officer to maintain many different incident and problems that accrue on the jobs. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to meet different people and to show my awesome customer service skill in every way I could possible think of. I enjoy working with different people to learn and gain more from them as well.
it is productive.
Security officer at double tree by hilton (Current Employee) –  300 army navy dr, Arlington VA.29 July 2015
double tree hotel is a lovely place to work, the hotel take good care of their employees for example, employees working night shift are entitled to free break fast. co-workers have good interpersonal relationship with guests.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  College Park, MD27 April 2015
They have good sites, but some of them needs better management.
The job has its ups and downs but it has a lot change to come.
Productive Employment
Special Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC21 March 2015
Typical Day allow Contractors to work on site to for Remodeling project Work had no direct contact with Managers Employees were nice to work with there wasn't any hard parts to this job.
Pros
stability
Laid back, Little interaction.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VA12 November 2014
I work night shift ( 9pm - 5am ) at a Condominium in Arlington, Virginia. As you can imagine there is not a lot of interaction with everyone sleep at this time. It's a very laid back security position, I work with a partner who is an older guy in about his 60's, (I am 22 at the time of this review). The hardest part of the job is trying to stay awake during these hours, Yet the easiest part besides that is the job in general.
Pros
Not much work, Easy patrols.
Cons
Hours, No social life.
not a good company
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC8 August 2014
the management is not organized
there supervisors are under trained
also the training is not provided
Productive and great environment to work in
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VA26 June 2014
Productive and great environment to work in.

Maintain interior and exterior post, worked alone, and the best part of the job was the positive people you met
love the company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, md30 April 2014
LOVE doing 16 hours shifts and seeing new faces. co-workers are outgoing.
Great Company
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VA30 April 2014
Very good company with plenty of hours. Very nice experience.
Special Police/Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VA28 April 2014
It is a good company to work for for a while. The management team is nice.
Fun resedents to work with
Gate Guard (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZ15 April 2014
I liked the job. Did not like working back turns. Need to get daughter off bus at night.
Pros
Fun people
Cons
Bad hours
Good Management
Director of Security - DuPont Circle Hotel (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VA14 December 2013
Triton Security is a good place for a new to the profession security Officer. This company will get you in a decent place to work with fair compensation.
Pros
Good working conditions
Cons
Slow to no advancement opportunities and no pay raises.