Trisura Guarantee Insurance Company, headquartered in the heart of Canada’s financial district, is a specialty lines insurer with a focus on Corporate Risk and Surety products. As a Canadian owned and operated company, Trisura brings innovative solutions and expertise through a select network of both national and regional brokerage firms. The company, founded in 2006, and operating across Canada with offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, Montréal, Québec City and Halifax, is uniquely positioned to satisfy all varieties of risk in Directors' and Officers' Liability, Fidelity, and Professional Liability including Media Liability and Contract, Commercial and Developer Surety.
We are a young, growth oriented team with a commitment to attracting and retaining the best talent in the market. We are currently seeking a qualified individual for the following opportunity in our Halifax office:
FINANCIAL ANALYST / JUNIOR UNDERWRITER - HALIFAX
This is a unique role and a tremendous opportunity to join our growing team as a Financial Analyst/Junior Underwriter for both our Specialty Lines Products and our Surety Group.
As an integral member of this small team, you will bring:
- Demonstrated capability for outstanding customer service and building long term relationships
- Proven track record for quick, accurate problem resolution
- Passion for excellence and detail orientation
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Strong work ethic, good organizational skills and the ability to work well, both independently and in a team based environment
- An analytical and logical process oriented work style
- Strong decision making skills
- Exceptional working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook
- Within Surety, assessing the financial position and creditworthiness of new and existing surety clients and providing recommendations to senior management.
- Within the Specialty Products line, underwriting our suite of Corporate Risk products across Atlantic Canada including: Directors’ and Offices’ Liability, Employment Practices Liability, Extortion, Kidnap & Ransom, Fidelity, Fiduciary Liability, Professional Liability, including miscellaneous, technology and media, and business office package policies
- Negotiating specific terms and conditions for the issuance of Contract Surety bonds
- Monitoring various types of construction developments, projects and exposures
- Maintaining a thorough understanding of relevant industry trends and their impact on products offered
- Searching for solutions to complex problems with the ability to bring creativity to underwriting risks
- Expansion of industry knowledge through courses and training
- Learning new product lines and coverage as they are developed
- Developing new business in Atlantic Canada through marketing/networking with clients, consultants, lawyers, etc.
- Representing Trisura at various association and industry related functions
- Successful completion of BComm or BA with business, finance or accounting focus or MBA with finance/accounting focus
- Previous experience in surety, commercial insurance, finance, commercial banking is desirable
If you are driven to excel, thrive in a team environment and want to take on challenges to contribute to the success of an organization, we want to hear from you.
Trisura Guarantee Insurance Company, headquartered in the heart of Canada’s financial district, is a specialty lines insurer with a focus on...