Trisura Guarantee Insurance Company, headquartered in the heart of Canada’s financial district, is a specialty lines insurer with a focus on Corporate Risk and Surety products.
As a Canadian owned and operated company, Trisura brings innovative solutions and expertise through a select network of both national and regional brokerage firms.
The company, founded in 2006, and operating across Canada with offices in Calgary, Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal and Halifax, is uniquely positioned to satisfy all varieties of risk in Directors' and Officers' Liability, Fidelity, and Professional Liability including Media Liability and Contract, Commercial and Developer Surety.
We are a young, growth oriented team with a commitment to attracting and retaining the best talent in the market. We are currently seeking a qualified individual for the following opportunity in our Vancouver office:
CORPORATE RISK UNDERWRITER / SENIOR UNDERWRITER – VANCOUVER
The successful applicant will be passionate and results oriented with the capability to build upon and foster relationships with new and existing broker clients. Specifically, the successful applicant will be responsible for both marketing and underwriting our suite of Corporate Risk products across the Western provinces and will include:
- Directors’ and Officers’ Liability
- Employment Practices Liability
- Extortion, Kidnap & Ransom
- Fiduciary Liability
- Professional Liability, including miscellaneous, technology and media
- Business office package policies
As an integral member of the team, you will bring:
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with multiple competing priorities;
- Demonstrated capability for outstanding customer service;
- Proven track record for quick, accurate problem resolution;
- Passion for excellence and detail orientation;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to develop new business through networking/marketing with clients, brokers, consultants, lawyers and represent Trisura at various industry related functions;
- A logical, process oriented work style;
Responsibilities will include:
- Representing our Corporate Risk team in BC
- Marketing and sourcing new business opportunities
- Managing and building a portfolio of Corporate Risk accounts (E&O, CGL, Property, Fidelity, D&O)
- Establish and maintain broker relationships
- Evaluating exposures and determining appropriate terms and conditions of coverage
- Learning new product lines and overages as they are developed
- Maintain a thorough understanding of relevant industry trends and their impact on products offered or relevant experience in commercial liability product lines
- Self-motivated and entrepreneurial with solid interpersonal skills and an ability to work within a team environment;
- A Bachelors degree or post secondary education in insurance, business or marketing;
- Minimum 1-3 years experience in underwriting/broking professional liability product lines;
- Strong computer skills in Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint;
- A focus on customer service as a key deliverable is essential;
If you are driven to excel, thrive in a team environment and want to take on challenges to contribute to the success of an organization, we would like to hear from you.