The Planning and Approvals Manager will serve as the project lead in managing land use planning for the area redevelopment plan, including implementation of municipal plans, bylaw changes and approvals/refusals of development permit applications and evaluation of land use bylaw amendments for the CCARP. Primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Managing and interpreting statutes and regulations, bylaws, and municipal policy to provide direction on the conditions of development permit approval / refusal.
- Represents main client interface in negotiations and confirms requirements in statutory plans, plan amendments, land use bylaw amendments, and conditions of approval for development permits.
- Reviews plans for construction, ensuring that the proposed structures comply with zoning and other planning codes.
- Participates in the development and implementation of program goals, objectives, measures, outcomes, budget, strategic plan, work plan, and prepares reports on planning and development activities.
- Manages the preparation of reports with reasons for land use, variance, and development permit decisions to Council, as well as presents information as deemed necessary.
Establish long-term professional relationships with the development community as a means to proactively encourage implementation of land use plans.
Bachelor’s degree in public or business administration, city or regional planning or a closely related field. Graduate Degree preferred.
A minimum of ten (10) or more years of progressively responsible management and administrative experience in municipal planning and development of large, complex construction projects that also includes pre-design and design phases, at least three (3) of which are at a managerial level.
Candidates need to show evidence of the following:
- Strong knowledge of theory, principles, practices and techniques of community development planning, building inspection, code enforcement, economic development, and related community development services.
- Strong knowledge of applicable laws, codes and regulations governing the administration of planning and community development.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of public administration, including budgeting, purchasing, and maintenance of public records.
- Solid experience in the real estate development process, including identifying, analyzing, designing and constructing development projects.
- Demonstrated project management and strategic planning/implementation experience and principles and practices of management and supervision.
- Strong analytical skills, in addition to excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills are required.
Indeed - 14 months ago
copy to clipboard -