Position Title: Project Manager – Electrical Systems
Industry: Electrical Contractor
Triquest Services, a Calgary based Technical Electrical Company, offers a wealth of experience and knowledge in a wide range of Commercial and Industrial environments. From in-house Design, Engineering, Control Panel manufacturing to on-site installation and commissioning, Triquest Services can provide the solutions. This design-build approach allows our company to tackle small and large scale Commercial, Industrial and Automation projects from start to finish.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to take their years of hands on electrical con-struction experience to a new level. You will be allowed to grow with a rapidly expanding company.
The Project Manager is responsible for the effective management of projects assigned and for marketing the company and its services to obtain new projects. This includes responsibility for building effective relationships with clients, suppliers and staff and ensuring the effectiveness, quality, compliance and profitability of each project.
- Building effective relationships with existing and new clients and suppliers, marketing the company and its services to existing and new clients, engineers, planners, and other potential contacts, advising clients about new and effective products and services, actively seeking out new opportunities, projects and clients and estimating and obtaining new projects.
- Assisting in pre-planning activities for assigned projects
- Working closely with relevant management staff in writing of quotations and project proposals, administering of contracts, negotiating and obtaining of contracts
- Assist in managing project, labor and materials to achieve project outcomes, building positive rela-tionships with crew and foremen; supervising foremen and attending regular site meetings, continuously monitoring projects and controlling costs to maximize project profitability
- Working closely with relevant management staff in documentation of projects, including the ap-proval of shop drawings, ensuring timely and effective billings, estimating, reviewing, pricing and submitting of all change orders, providing accurate forecasting and project reporting, reporting project progress on a monthly basis and effectively closing out of all projects.
- Providing leadership and positive motivation for project staff and company partners by acting as a responsible and goal-oriented team player and leading by example in achieving excellence and being accountable for results and outcomes.
- Ensuring that all Health & Safety regulations and guidelines are in place on all projects.
Requirements and Qualifications:
The Project Manager position requires a motivated and experienced professional with excellent current knowledge of electrical, building and municipal codes and regulations, in-depth technical, practical and engineering expertise and excellent management and people skills. Three to five years of experience as an electrical foreman or a background in electrical engineering or related technical field, or two to five years of experience in estimating electrical projects are a requirement for this position.
- Excellent engineering and/or technical knowledge of electrical construction
- Certification as electrician’s journeyman or relevant degree or diploma
- Excellent knowledge of industry products, practices and standards
- Ability to learn quickly, be flexible and adaptable
- Excellent sales, marketing and networking skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong time management skills, specifically the ability to multi task and prioritize a high work load.
Compensation: to be negotiated
Ideal Start Date: ASAP
How to Proceed:
Please reply with a Microsoft Word version of your resume, along with compensation expectations. If you would like to speak with us directly regarding this role, please contact John Penner (403 720 5549) for more information.
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Indeed - 19 months ago