Triquest Services is currently seeking a Commercial/Industrial Electrical Estimator.The Estimator works with the project managers to prepare cost estimates for all of the company’s business.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- General and administrative duties: Communicate effectively with the clients, internal project teams, sub-contractors and suppliers. Accurately quantify bills of materials for quotation.
- Reviews historical data from purchase orders, subcontracts, productivity analysis reports to ensure proper production units and pricing.
- Prepare estimates for all production jobs based on customer specifications and evaluate Bills of Materials and proposals relative to scope of work.
- Effectively present and discuss the products and services.
- Fiscal responsibility: Maintain pricing and discount terms and allowances continuously.
- Develop knowledge of best suppliers and competitive prices and stay informed of pricing changes.
- Work with cost accounting to determine hourly rates and production standards for various operations.
- Coordinate with project managers to determine overtime requirements of proposed jobs.
- Develop knowledge of inventory position, quantity stocked, usage, and reorder point.
- Research and recommend cost saving potential to management.
- Post-secondary education in a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of three years’ experience as lead estimator or related position.
- Experience in determining construction labour productivity factors, wage rates, indirect field costs and project adjustment factors.
- Excellent computer and math skills
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal and customer service skills.
Great opportunity for those looking to get in with a growing company. Competetive Salary and Benefits. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Indeed - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard