Triple Flip is an aspirational brand, dedicating itself to creating happiness for girls, with clothes that make her feel good, inside and out. As the premier fashion destination for tweens, we’re looking for a Senior Designer that is passionate about creating fun, fashion-forward lifestyle collections, that are thoughtfully inspired by real girls and their active lives.
The Designer oversees the development of the full collection, while respecting the overall creative vision and strategy direction from vision team. The Designer has the fantastic role of delivering and growing the overall product aesthetic with our target customer in mind, season after season, to ensure success of the company’s collections and brand in the marketplace.
The Key Responsibilities
- Develops a collection from concept to creation, all product types and categories from activewear to fashion-forward streetwear, and cool accessories
- Researches, identifies and capitalizes on marketplace trends that are relevant to Triple Flip’s customer, innovating and building premium products
- Works closely with Creative Director to execute the creative vision, seasonal conceptual direction and strategy into product lines, building and presenting the line, in tune with the aesthetic of our target customer (7-12 year old girls).
- Works collaboratively with, and giving direction to product development, manufacturing vendors, buyers and merchandising to implement the strategic direction, meeting deadlines through the development process each season and ensuring 100% transparency and awareness of style status
- Identifies key silhouettes for each collection within the functional plan to incorporate the seasonal creative and merchandising strategy that has been established
- Involved in fittings and approvals to ensure design integrity and that the clothing meets our high standards for quality, fit, and other business objectives
- Identifies/selects fabric, trims, and/or colors palettes that are right for each season based on vision, colours up the line and supports with management of colour execution
- Involved in identification, development and approval of graphics and branding details for the collection
- Involved in line management, managing the collection through add-ins, cancellations and changes
- Manages multiple seasons at any given time, meeting deadlines to support on time execution
- Proven background in developing a full collection
- Demonstrated understanding and experience sourcing and selecting wide range of fabrics and trims, and experience with dying techniques, wash processes, etc.
- Experience in knitwear, children’s/juniors, and athletic apparel design a definite asset
- A strong team player, supporting the Product Team in all aspects of design: sketches, presentations, fittings and functional solutions, and you are the master of Illustrator
- Strong technical drawing, sketching and rendering skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to articulate vision and ideas, to work with various teams and vendors to manage the creative process and development of product
- Ability to motivate, lead and inspire the team with a passionate vision for creating inspired designs for Triple Flip’s target aesthetic (7-12 year old girls)
- Excellent sense of style, with an eye for fashion and lifestyle trends that can be uniquely reinterpreted for the tween
- Entrepreneurial skills including creative problem solving, understanding of sales reports and sales opportunities
- Excellent time management skills, planning and organizational skills, adhering to strict timelines and calendar dates to deliver exceptional product, on time.
- 5+ years of industry experience in garment design and/or related experience
- Completion of a college degree or art school program in fashion design or related field
- Excellent skills in Illustrator, Photoshop, Excel, Word, Outlook and hand sketching
- You are self-motivated, willing to learn, are naturally curious, and creativity is in your DNA
- You have an obsession for tween culture, love to get out and speak with girls, explore social media in their world, and be in the store and at events, to get feedback and inspiration on the designs and current trends
- You have a mad passion for fashion and are authentically interested in providing great designs for Triple Flip’s tween customer and that support a healthy, active lifestyle
- As part of a rapidly growing brand, you are willing to wear many hats to bring value and help the team achieve success
- You love to have fun, create happiness in your life, and make a difference in everything you do
Resumes will only be accepted via email. For consideration to this position, please email your resume to TRIPLE FLIP CAREERS Please include "Designer" in the subject line of the email. This is a full-time position located at Triple Flip World Headquarters in Calgary.
NOTE: Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest.
Indeed - 6 months ago