Position Title: Junior Graphic Artist / Web Assistant
Contact Name: Pam DeHaan
Company Name: tripcentral.ca
Company Address: 77 James St N, Unit 230
Founded in 1989, tripcentral.ca is more than just a website. It is a traditional bricks and mortar travel agency with 24 retail locations in Ontario, Nova Scotia, and New Brunswick. In operation since 1989, the company has grown to one of the largest travel companies in Ontario and employs over 120 people. tripcentral.ca offers a unique value proposition - the best of the web, and the best of the experienced travel agent. Visit us at: http://www.tripcentral.ca.
The Junior Graphic Artist / Web Assistant's role includes the full range of responsibilities from concept development to assisting with design and production preparation. As a part of our innovation team, you will work closely with other disciplines to develop and improve the graphic design of our presentation materials, innovative web pages, along with providing print ready document deliverables. Strong compelling visual design and close attention to detail is a core priority of this job.
Junior Graphic Artist / Web Assistant's Job Duties:
- Adheres to company brand guidelines and visual identity.
- Ensure that the integrity, image and quality of all work and activities are consistent with tripcentral.ca goals and professional standards.
- Ability to work with Adobe CS6 software with a particular strong focus on Photoshop.
- Backs up and maintains graphic files and supporting information.
- Obtains approval of concept by submitting rough layout for discussion and endorsement.
- Provides regular status reports and updates to the Senior Staff and Marketing Managers
- Completes projects by coordinating with outside agencies, art services, printers, etc.
- Prepares finished copy and art files for production and printer.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Develops and designs web pages and layouts using HTML, CSS working within the tripcentral.ca CMS system framework.
- Strong knowledge of pre-production, colour modes and preparing files for print.
This is a junior position suited to a recent college graduate or someone new to the industry. Applicants should possess a portfolio of work demonstrating the successful development of design projects across all media types to include web design, electronic, digital and print. The ideal candidate should be comfortable working in both a Mac and a PC environment and be high proficient in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Flash, HTML 5 and CSS 3, (familiarity with the workings of CMS content management systems would be an asset). We are looking for an individual with exceptional graphic design skills, which include:
- A strong design sense, layout ability and use of typography.
- Customer focus and a team player.
- Well organized with good communication skills.
- Ability to problem solve and to hit the ground running.
- A sound knowledge of printing technologies and current design trends.
- Creative and flexible, yet having the ability to pay attention to details.
- Excellent project management and time management skills.
- Willing to take feedback and criticism while being open to learning new skills.
- Able to multi-task and set priorities is essential to this position.
Please forward us your resume and (if available) any links to your work:
Should you be selected for an interview, we will request you to bring in a physical copy of your portfolio along with references.
Tripcentral.ca is deeply committed to building an equally inclusive, accessible and barrier-free workplace – one that supports all employees in reaching their full potential.
Start Date: January 8th, 2014
No phone call inquires about this position will be accepted, please only contact us through email. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. We'd like to thank you in advance for your application.